PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage

Gav
-3rd November 2010, 11:43
So, seeing as these are kicking off does anyone know where I can watch them?

27ab1c
-3rd November 2010, 13:50
British Eurosport have it in their schedule, with the first programme due on Saturday at 8.30pm (individual sabre). It's on most days next week, at various times, including live coverage on Tuesday (team sabre, from 4.30pm and 6.15pm), Thursday (men's team foil, from 5.25pm) and Friday (women's team epee, from 5.15pm). I think the times are GMT, but British Eurosport are prone to last-minute timing changes, so I'd treat them as no more than a guide.

Gav
-3rd November 2010, 14:45
Awesome.

Now, for those of us who don't have televisions but do have computers - does anyone know of reliable internet streams?

This is the best information I've seen, but it's a bit meh.

http://www.fencing.net/forums/thread52628-4.html#post899225

hokers
-3rd November 2010, 17:52
British Eurosport have it in their schedule, with the first programme due on Saturday at 8.30pm (individual sabre). It's on most days next week, at various times, including live coverage on Tuesday (team sabre, from 4.30pm and 6.15pm), Thursday (men's team foil, from 5.25pm) and Friday (women's team epee, from 5.15pm). I think the times are GMT, but British Eurosport are prone to last-minute timing changes, so I'd treat them as no more than a guide.

I bet it's bloody James Chambers commentating again though :(

Of perhaps some special significance is that it's ALSO on Eurosport HD. High Definition fencing into your own home, can't be bad. Anyone with the appropriate kit that wants to make some HD copies and put them on Youtube would be very popular...

kingkenny
-3rd November 2010, 20:12
Also tonight on the Apprentice. Fencing is part of the prize for the winners. Zimmek is teaching them I believe.

wide eagle
-3rd November 2010, 21:47
British Eurosport have it in their schedule, with the first programme due on Saturday at 8.30pm (individual sabre). .

just checked and British Eurosport says that individual sabre is on at 11.15pm

Rob.Leicester
-3rd November 2010, 21:54

Sky +ed those bad boys ;)

27ab1c
-3rd November 2010, 22:35
Awesome.

Now, for those of us who don't have televisions but do have computers - does anyone know of reliable internet streams?

This is the best information I've seen, but it's a bit meh.

http://www.fencing.net/forums/thread52628-4.html#post899225

You can watch Eurosport online for 3.99 a month - see http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk/?partner=yah_co.uk It's also available on Sky Player - don't know the cost: http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/content/SKYSPORTS/Browse_by_Channel/British_Eurosport/content/default/promoPage.do Haven't come across any dedicated live streams yet. Post if you find any.

miraberis
-3rd November 2010, 23:02
Also tonight on the Apprentice. Fencing is part of the prize for the winners. Zimmek is teaching them I believe.

They went to watch some horse racing this week. Maybe it's next time?

Rob.Leicester
-4th November 2010, 21:19
Anyone checked the Radio Times this week?

For Tuesday's "Best Live Sport" they've got Live Coverage of the World Championships alongside the Champion's League.

miraberis
-5th November 2010, 01:03
Ooh, what channel is the 'Best Live Sport' thing on?
I've found out the students' union pub has British Eurosport, so will be seeing if I can persuade them to show some of the coverage there and taking as many of this term's beginners as possible down to watch it if I'm successful.

hokers
-6th November 2010, 16:29
Eurosport has WS final on right now.

nessyfencer
-8th November 2010, 15:05
7pm tonight on Eurosport and Eurosport HD. There's more coverage all week too.

D'Artignan
-9th November 2010, 18:34
Quite refreshing to see some wheelchair fencing on just now, even if it wasn't what Eurosport were planning on showing.

Gav
-9th November 2010, 19:03
Can anybody send me the DVDs of the events?

Mens Foil and Mens Epee especially but I'll watch anything.

hokers
-9th November 2010, 19:42
Showing MS final now. Very close.

nessyfencer
-10th November 2010, 00:43
Did anyone hear what they said about a deal between the FIE and Eurosport? Apparently they are promising a lot more fencing on our screens over the next few year. Sounds like great news :)

Mark Oakley
-11th November 2010, 19:41
Is anyone watching the team foil final? How many FIE delegates does it take to award one hit?

D'Artignan
-11th November 2010, 19:44
All of them apparently. Doesn't quite seem to be over yet either....

Gav
-10th January 2011, 11:17
Has anyone located any footage yet?

No I don't mean the abbreviated stuff on youtube - I mean full bouts - particularly the semis and up.

TomA
-10th January 2011, 13:12
Has anyone located any footage yet?Yes, the mountain of tapes recorded from French tv waiting for me at home. Unfortunately I'm pretty certain they're VCR so sharing them will be difficult :(.

DSSabre
-13th January 2011, 09:52
THe FIE you tube channel has now started to put up video from Paris i believe

27ab1c
-18th January 2011, 19:27
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/fencing/9364211.stm

nessyfencer
-16th June 2011, 22:04

They went to watch some horse racing this week. Maybe it's next time?

Better late than never ;)

miraberis
-16th June 2011, 22:44
Aha, another Apprentice fan! I started another thread about it in chit-chat. Can't believe nobody has replied! Obviously it's not so popular among fencers.

nessyfencer
-21st June 2011, 12:40
Strange. I expected to come here and see a lot of discussion about this. It's huge exposure, even though the fencing that was seen on-screen was cringeworthy.

And yep... gotta love the apprentice :D

27ab1c
-9th July 2011, 07:52
Did anyone hear what they said about a deal between the FIE and Eurosport? Apparently they are promising a lot more fencing on our screens over the next few year. Sounds like great news :)

Whatever happened to this, it doesn't appear to have been very successful. Can't see anything in the Eurosport schedule for next week - I guess it'll be Germany v Wales and Belgium v England snooker matches instead.

nessyfencer
-24th July 2011, 19:43
Whatever happened to this, it doesn't appear to have been very successful. Can't see anything in the Eurosport schedule for next week - I guess it'll be Germany v Wales and Belgium v England snooker matches instead.

Dunno, but I didn't imagine it! lol

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/07112010/58/eurosport-show-fencing.html