PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Nick
-4th February 2004, 16:40
Hey my name as you probably guessed is Nick and I'm a BTEC performing arts student from Exeter in devon. I started on the basics of fencing when I was about 6 with my dad who used to fence, so back then I was using a size 5 blade and learning the footwork. Then after a few years break I started going to fencing lessons at Exmouth Community College where I was fencing foil. Unfortunately the day shifted to a thursday when I was already doing Archery so I ended up stopping (BIG MISTAKE), then about two years ago my interest was resparked and I started reading up on fencing technique and so on and started working on general fitness and fingerplay, then this last september a brilliant oppurtunity presented itself Exeter College started running fencing during one of my free periods and so I started fencing Epee and last weekend went to my first competition the Plymouth Open and I love fencing again, WHAT A RUSH.

hayleyjade
-4th February 2004, 16:59
YEY!

another wandering sheep returns!

(no offence meant by the sheep comment)

and i think before any1 else says it, watch out for the mad people on here, oops! youve already been got by one!

Nick
-4th February 2004, 18:23
Sheep :upset:

No offence taken
So far as I've been able to make out so far the craziest people are mostly sabreists:confused: :transport

foilerist
-4th February 2004, 18:33
hi nick welcome to the board. this could be the first smart alec response but people who fence with the sabre are sabreurs. sorry but couldn't help myself although i reckon your assessment is right on the money. By the way I fence foil if you hadn't already guessed.

uk_45
-4th February 2004, 21:01
Us sabreurs aint crazy just to many cuts to head. Welcome to the forum glad to hear you having fun

hayleyjade
-5th February 2004, 16:31
wel im foilist! and i could give anyone a run for their crazy money!