PDA

View Full Version : New Version/Theme of the Fencing Forum

Paulin
-28th January 2011, 17:12
Hello everyone, I am Paulinm , an Intern in charge of the design / update of this forum. If you have anything to repport (suggestions, complaints, comments....) tell me.

Here is the current list of what has already been reported. If you still have a problem with an item I have marked as "fixed", tell me!!

Bugs
✔ "Home" button that point to a useless page FIXED
✔ Problem to log in with Internet Explorer (redirects then not loged in) FIXED

Display problems
✔ the My Profile tab names are blacked (cannot be read until you select them) FIXED
✔ Problem with the "log bar" with Internet Explorer 7 (should be at the top of the banner) FIXED

pinkelephant
-28th January 2011, 18:24
More colour please. I like pretty colours.

I also like the fact that I've got line breaks back, and it looks like I can upload documents again.

Paulin
-28th January 2011, 20:05
More colour please. I like pretty colours.

Yep, we had the same thought and we'll add some pretty colors on Monday =)

D'Artignan
-28th January 2011, 20:13
When I log in, I'm getting redirected to a page I don't have permission to access. Not a major hassle, as just clicking on the "home" button gets me back into the forum, but still quite confusing the first couple of times.

Spider5
-28th January 2011, 20:14
Testing

This

Page

Spider5
-28th January 2011, 20:23
Don't like the new layout, site seems slower, don't like the 5 minute edit timeout, the My Profile tab names are blacked out when you select them and you can't always select and change the Location entry.

Teething problems no doubt.

Gav
-28th January 2011, 20:54
When I log in, I'm getting redirected to a page I don't have permission to access. Not a major hassle, as just clicking on the "home" button gets me back into the forum, but still quite confusing the first couple of times.

I get this too.

Look at your bookmark, it's probably:

http://www.fencingforum.com/forum.php

Look at the forum top level address.

http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/forum.php

It's because the new forum has a different structure or has been implemented differently.

D'Artignan
-28th January 2011, 21:05
Yup, that seems to be the problem. Cheers Gav :)

fencingmaster
-28th January 2011, 23:19
Get re-directed when I try to log in. Eventually get in but, screens still asks for log-in, so can't log out. When actually shown as logged in the "log out" button is completely hidden and I can't log out. This is more confusing than trying to explain cricket to a French intern!

Paulin
-29th January 2011, 00:31
Yes I noticed the problem with the "home" button that should even not be there. I'll fix that soon.

My Profile tab names are blacked out when you select them...
I'll fix that too thanks for telling me

...and you can't always select and change the Location entry.
I don't understand that part, can you be more precise?

Get re-directed when I try to log in. Eventually get in but, screens still asks for log-in, so can't log out. When actually shown as logged in the "log out" button is completely hidden and I can't log out. This is more confusing than trying to explain cricket to a French intern!
Yes indeed! You say the log out button is hidden? Can you upload a screenshot to see what's wrong ? The log out button is normaly black on white, should be visible...

Keep in mind that this new forum is still very "young", and it is normal that there's still bugs/problems that have to be solve. Right now I'm at home and don't have the access but Monday I will fix all the problems you spotted. So tell me everything you think is wrong and together, we'll make this forum awesome ! :cool:

fencingmaster
-29th January 2011, 10:57
where is log out?

fencingmaster
-29th January 2011, 11:01
Paulin, first image above is after several attempts to login & log out is hidden somewhere. Attached thumbnail above is page I usually get after (successful) login.

miraberis
-29th January 2011, 13:42
Log out is currently hidden on the black bit just above the search function for me. Hovering over it shows it up.

Paulin
-29th January 2011, 14:07
OK that is really strange.. Which browser are you using ? It should be like that :

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8500/fencingforumtop.png

d_f_a
-29th January 2011, 17:07
I like the new look Paulin, much more professional and up to date.
Are you able to do a similar job on some of the members LOL.

miraberis
-29th January 2011, 17:13
Ie7

fencingmaster
-30th January 2011, 18:11
OK, using IE it takes 5 or 6 attempts to login & I get the screens above or misdirected. However I've just switched to Firefox and logged at first attempt with correct screen displays.

Hungry Hippo
-30th January 2011, 23:14
Seems fine - same log-in problem as others, but soon fixed. Glad to get rid of the loud orangey colour!

You'll need to widen the 'last post' column on the New posts page - currently, you can't see most of the times.

Keep up the good work, Paulin!

Paulin
-31st January 2011, 10:21
Thank you Hungry Hippo!

I have moved the topic to the correct forum. I have also listed all the problems you told me in the top post.

I think have fixed the login problem, if you still have problems when you log in, please ell me which browser do you use! Thxs =)

wingnutLP
-1st February 2011, 11:35
I get this too.

Look at your bookmark, it's probably:

http://www.fencingforum.com/forum.php

Look at the forum top level address.

http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/forum.php

It's because the new forum has a different structure or has been implemented differently.

Are you sure about this? my bookmark is and always has had am extra /forum/ in it...

we certainly didn't intend to move the forum into a subfolder called forum.

Hungry Hippo
-8th February 2011, 07:06
Paulin, What's happened to the 'user CP' link?

It used be the on the far left of the second row, but that has been replaced by a duplicate of 'New Posts'.

We now have two New Posts links and none for User CP on the forums page - unless I'm missing something obvious (which wouldn't be the first time!).

Paulin
-8th February 2011, 09:31
It used to be a link "User CP" but with the new version it has been remplaced by a "My Settings" link a the top right of the page. You can also click on "Forum Actions" then "General Settings" or "Edit Profile".

stephenda
-10th February 2011, 15:48
I'm finding the site quite slow compared to before - anyone else?

Paulin
-10th February 2011, 16:56
I'm finding the site quite slow compared to before - anyone else?

Yes you are not the only one to repport it... I think this is due to the new server rather than the new vBulletin version. We are considering moving to a quicker server to improve the speed of the forum =)

stephenda
-10th February 2011, 16:58
Yes you are not the only one to repport it... I think this is due to the new server rather than the new vBulletin version. We are considering moving to a quicker server to improve the speed of the forum =)

Thanks

wide eagle
-13th February 2011, 19:35
"The forum with over 9.000 members and sometimes 100 people browsing and discussing at once it really is the place to be."

just thought i would point out the 9.000.

cainey
-13th February 2011, 21:30
Whenever I visit the forum, not logged in, my eyes are instantly drawn to the 'remember me' text - can it be moved to the right so its not over the gherkin?, it makes it difficult to read.

Paulin
-14th February 2011, 09:28
"The forum with over 9.000 members and sometimes 100 people browsing and discussing at once it really is the place to be."

just thought i would point out the 9.000.

Oh yes thank you for pointing that out, french habit...

Whenever I visit the forum, not logged in, my eyes are instantly drawn to the 'remember me' text - can it be moved to the right so its not over the gherkin?, it makes it difficult to read.

Fixed ! =)

hokers
-14th February 2011, 12:52
Column width is wrong on the last updated time column in search results, truncates the last bit of every line.

Paulin
-14th February 2011, 16:12
Column width is wrong on the last updated time column in search results, truncates the last bit of every line.

Done !

Hungry Hippo
-15th February 2011, 07:51
................ You'll need to widen the 'last post' column on the New posts page - currently, you can't see most of the times ...............

This still comes up with many of the times obscured - and can you make the times show correctly? A time of 06:11 PM is a bit of a contradiction, surely the 24h clock would be better? Much prefer the way I've seen it used over there, in the style of 18h11.

Paulin
-15th February 2011, 09:58
This still comes up with many of the times obscured - and can you make the times show correctly? A time of 06:11 PM is a bit of a contradiction, surely the 24h clock would be better? Much prefer the way I've seen it used over there, in the style of 18h11.

I think the "Last Post" column is large enough, isn't it? And I changed the time format ;)

bufc99
-15th February 2011, 14:00
There appears to be a space missing in the Last Post column on the front page between the word "by" and the Username. For example, against Forum Announcements, the Last Post was on the Favicon Contest thread "byreminho" instead of "by reminho".

Paulin
-15th February 2011, 17:01
There appears to be a space missing in the Last Post column on the front page between the word "by" and the Username. For example, against Forum Announcements, the Last Post was on the Favicon Contest thread "byreminho" instead of "by reminho".

I don't have this space problem... Can you post a Print Screen please?

bufc99
-15th February 2011, 18:23
The screenshot is attached here (http://stuartclough.co.uk/ff/no_space.jpg). I can't seem to get the built-in uploader to work.

I'm using Google Chrome (9.0.597.98) as a browser on Windows XP.

bufc99
-15th February 2011, 18:35
I've just checked in IE6 and FF3.6.6 and I get the same thing.

pinkelephant
-15th February 2011, 18:52
The screenshot is attached here (http://stuartclough.co.uk/ff/no_space.jpg). I can't seem to get the built-in uploader to work.

I'm using Google Chrome (9.0.597.98) as a browser on Windows XP.

I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 7 and don't have the problem.

LifeBeginsAt58
-21st February 2011, 23:38
I'm finding the site a wee bit slow. Should I move up to a Trimphone or just replace the foam on my acoustic coupler?
:)

LifeBeginsAt58
-21st February 2011, 23:41
PS
I've been advised to reboot. Is that the same as pressing Button B?

LifeBeginsAt58
-21st February 2011, 23:43
... or am I just talking Cobblers?