PDA

View Full Version : London 2012 schedule

rpryer
-14th February 2011, 23:20
The schedule for the fencing events has been released, ahead of the ticket ballot opening next month.

For individual events the rounds up to and including the L8 are in the early session (9.00 or 10.30 start) (remember, no pools) and the semi-finals onwards begin at 18.00. For team events, all matches upto and including the semi-finals are in the early session, with the medal matches in the later session.

28 July - WF indiv
29 July - MS indiv
30 July - WE indiv
31 July - MF indiv
1 Aug - ME and WS indiv
2 Aug - WF team
3 Aug - MS team
4 Aug - WE team
5 Aug - MF team

Captchris
-15th February 2011, 06:45
Thanks for that Robert. It looks as though we could be in for a few trips to London! I dont fancy staying over in a b&b/hotel; I'm sure the prices would be extortionate!

hokers
-15th February 2011, 08:46
Man, this could be expensive. But the 1st August first session and the MF team look like the ones to go for probably.

Can probably buy tickets for final sessions if your fencers get through, as presumably some people will be selling them?

purple
-15th February 2011, 08:54
Just looked through the ticket prices.
If you want to see all the fencing, across all events, that'll set you back 450.

For the cheapest seats, it'll cost you 50 to watch a full event. 30 to watch the finals.

I suppose it is London, should expect to pay southerner prices.

Insipiens
-15th February 2011, 09:22
How much does it cost to watch Manchester Utd or Liverpool play for 90 minutes?

This is the Olympics. Chances of it happening again in the UK in your or my lifetime are very small.

I think the fact they are selling tickets at all for 20 is pretty surprising - although probably at a distance from which you cannot see anything.

randomsabreur
-15th February 2011, 09:27
Seriously torn - my favourite spectator sport of the Olympics clashes with the MS, and the WS has ME on the same day. Not sure I want to spend half the time watching epee. MS Team might have to be the one - limited chance of Brit representation there and no way of second guessing the selection policy to work out who might make it from Team GB.

hokers
-15th March 2011, 10:29
So they're on sale. Who's going for what events?

pigeonmeister
-15th March 2011, 14:10
I don't suppose there is a plan of the venue, so you can find out what seating area you get for your money?

I think I'm going for MF finals (31st) and L16-L4 MFT (5th).

The team gives me guaranteed GBR matches and lots of fencing. Obviously I want to see some medals being won as well...hopefully by Brits!

cainey
-15th March 2011, 14:40
My dilemma is; as I've signed up to volunteer, and selection events aren't until November, do I go ahead and attempt to buy tickets that I will be charged for in May that I might not then be able to use if successful in getting a volunteers job in November?

found the answer:

We advise that you apply for tickets when the application period opens on 15 March 2011, but please note that if you take on a Games Maker role you will not be able to change your shifts to attend events. However, we will be launching a London 2012 ticket resale programme, further details of which will be released prior to the start of the application period.

Not very encouraging!

aao
-15th March 2011, 14:42
This ticketing system really is a bit painful, the fact that you don't know what you might get means it is a complete lottery while applying! I really wish they had a system which had allowed you to pick your favourite date for an event, but if you didn't get it you automatically went into the ballot for your next favourtie date etc etc.
This way, I've ended up applyingfor multiple days for a number of sports and somehow run up a potential bill for 1000! :( (not knowing exactly when and how much I will eventually be charged adds to the fun)

AMC
-18th March 2011, 13:22
I don't suppose there is a plan of the venue, so you can find out what seating area you get for your money?

I think I'm going for MF finals (31st) and L16-L4 MFT (5th).

The team gives me guaranteed GBR matches and lots of fencing. Obviously I want to see some medals being won as well...hopefully by Brits!

I spoke to ExCel and was forwarded to Olympic ticketing. There IS no seating plan and there ARE NO PLANES TO PRODUCE ONE.

Peter Pan
-28th March 2011, 22:00
So they're on sale. Who's going for what events?

For some reason, volleyball is already over-subscribed but Seb thinks we'll have to change the equipment regs if fencing is to attract the crowds ..............

Well, that's according to the Daily Mash anyway! http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/volleyball-sold-out-201103163631/

(stick with it, fencing reference 4 paragraphs from the end - and don't get distracted!

kalivor
-29th March 2011, 09:28
For some reason, volleyball is already over-subscribed but Seb thinks we'll have to change the equipment regs if fencing is to attract the crowds ..............

Well, that's according to the Daily Mash anyway! http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/volleyball-sold-out-201103163631/

(stick with it, fencing reference 4 paragraphs from the end - and don't get distracted!

We clearly need to expand the visors below the mask.

Miss_P
-29th March 2011, 20:10
If you're prepared to buy a package along with tickets to hockey and or dressage and prepared to stay in a hotel near Heathrow and travel from west to east to the venues then you can get tickets via Thomas Cook. If you want a central London hotel you'll pay about 400 per person for 2 nights and tickets to a couple of events. Not all sessions of the fencing is offered.

If you can afford it - contact the VIP / corporate hospitality suppliers, tell them what you are looking for and they will provide ...

Gav
-30th March 2011, 11:51
The ticket system is retarded. Who thought this was going to be a good idea?

Aside from the user unfriendliness of it all.

"We are proud to accept only Visa"

That's something to be proud of?

I have a visa card so it's not exactly a hardship but... come on. No wonder people think the UK games are going to suck.

hokers
-26th April 2011, 09:23
Last day today.

Went for MS, WS and MFT day sessions, not finals. Am sure there will be people selling off finals tickets if any of our guys get through. Seating plan would have been really helpful, but sadly not to be. Kids tickets very cheap indeed, but only in category C and D seats. Fingers crossed.

pigeonmeister
-26th April 2011, 14:43
I went for MF finals (31st) and L16-L4 MFT (5th).

Australian
-27th April 2011, 07:25
The ticket system is retarded. Who thought this was going to be a good idea?

Aside from the user unfriendliness of it all.

"We are proud to accept only Visa"

That's something to be proud of?

I have a visa card so it's not exactly a hardship but... come on. No wonder people think the UK games are going to suck.

That's an IOC thing. Singapore Youth Olympics was the same, only visa, everywhere. All the food places, merchandise, everything.