PDA

View Full Version : New/Latest Posts

Captchris
-12th March 2011, 19:17
When I click on either of these links the screen goes blank. The following is what is in the address bar...

http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post&v

I'm using Google Chrome. Any suggestions/answers?

pinkelephant
-12th March 2011, 20:34
When I click on either of these links the screen goes blank. The following is what is in the address bar...

http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post&v

I'm using Google Chrome. Any suggestions/answers?

This has already been pointed out elsewhere (Forum Announcements) - it's happening with all browsers and the team are aware.

Paulin
-15th March 2011, 10:49
OK the problem is a bit more complicated than I expected. I will fix it as soon as possible, but maybe not until tomorow...

Thank you for your patience!

Hungry Hippo
-16th March 2011, 07:50
Worked for me today, at last! Seems like you've sorted it now, but does everyone else agree?

bufc99
-16th March 2011, 11:55
Yep, all good for me.

Rdb811
-16th March 2011, 12:05
The red '2' is still there, adding an air of mystery.

bufc99
-16th March 2011, 14:01
It's part of the logo image, so I'm assuming Fencing Forum v2?

Rdb811
-16th March 2011, 14:47
It's part of the logo image, so I'm assuming Fencing Forum v2?

It' to indicate teh new server

Hungry Hippo
-17th March 2011, 08:24
A couple of other problems I've noticed, Paulin.

Now that the new/latest posts tab works, the list produced doesn't seem to include the small arrow that indicates that you had posted on a thread before - not sure of the proper terminology, but I hope you know what I mean.

Also, when you do produce a new post, it doesn't seem to like similes any more - at least mine didn't. The post was fine without one, but as soon as you tried to include a similie, there was a blank page and no further action.

Sorry to be a nuisance!

Paulin
-17th March 2011, 10:27
test :confused:

EDIT: The smileys seems to be working fine for me....:thumbs_up

And the little blue arrows as well! Do anyone has the same problem as Hungry H?

pinkelephant
-17th March 2011, 18:34
test :confused:

EDIT: The smileys seems to be working fine for me....:thumbs_up

And the little blue arrows as well! Do anyone has the same problem as Hungry H?
:confused: Blue arrows fine for me. I have to use "Go Advanced" to get the smilies up, but then they work. I'm on Google Chrome.

Hungry Hippo
-18th March 2011, 09:07
:confused: Blue arrows fine for me. I have to use "Go Advanced" to get the smilies up, but then they work. I'm on Google Chrome.

Smilies worked fine this time, didn't even need to use "Go advanced"! Must've been a glitch.

However, still don't get the Blue Arrows, and don't know what server I'm on (at work), how can I check this, if it helps fault-finding?

Paulin
-18th March 2011, 16:29
However, still don't get the Blue Arrows, and don't know what server I'm on (at work), how can I check this, if it helps fault-finding?

Have you checked if you where logged in the forum ? If you are not, the blue arrows won't be there.

Hungry Hippo
-18th March 2011, 21:00
Course I was - Couldn't post otherwise! Still not showing on the 'New Posts' list, even now!

cesh_fencing
-13th April 2011, 11:07
Latest post seems not be work for me today. Anyone else having this problem?

Paulin
-13th April 2011, 12:10
Latest post seems not be work for me today. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes I noticed that. I don't know why is it broken again, I'm working on it, it should be back soon...

27ab1c
-14th April 2011, 19:15
hope you're still on the case, Paulin. Good luck.

nippy sweetie
-17th April 2011, 08:24
Glad its not just me wondering whats happened to latest posts!

27ab1c
-19th April 2011, 18:05
Still not happening - I have to say, this is deterring me from spending much time on the forum.

Paulin
-20th April 2011, 10:02
OK - After spending hours in vBulletin forum, I gave up a sent a message to vBulletin support. I'm now waiting for their reply.

I am sorry I couldn't deal with it sooner, I had plenty of other stuff to do... But don't worry, I'm on it now =)

The Driver
-20th April 2011, 13:20
Search function appears out of order too

Paulin
-20th April 2011, 15:26
Yes I know... I still got no news from vBulletin support (those who created the forum software)... I give up for today I will try again tomorow.

I am very sorry for that, I really don't know how the problem came..

pinkelephant
-20th April 2011, 17:23
I started when the forum went down one night for a few hours. When it came back, we got the white screen problem.

fencingmaster
-20th April 2011, 22:25
Gets worse! Blank screen for latest posts, so I tried clicking on name e.g. "Pinkelephant" & "posts" and get same blank screen

fencingmaster
-20th April 2011, 22:31
Now this is getting bizarre. Logged on about 23.20. & showing PE had subscribed to this thread at 18.23. However on this page PE's message was not showing. Made post above and then returned & (miracle) PE's post is now showing! (no jokes about where to hide an elephant please!).

My avatar is becoming more agitated!

pinkelephant
-21st April 2011, 12:48

pinkelephant
-21st April 2011, 12:49
Now it's gone again. It only seemed to cope with "No new posts to view".

Paulin
-25th April 2011, 11:18
For a few minutes you hadn't a blank page ?? That is no-sense I am really lost here.

Tomorow I will be back to the office so I could check if I got any answer from the tech support. If not, I will upgrade PHP...

pinkelephant
-25th April 2011, 18:15
The only time I haven't had a blank page was when it said "No new posts to view".

fencingmaster
-26th April 2011, 09:08
Seems that we're back to normal.

Paulin
-26th April 2011, 09:17
Yep, upgrading PHP from 5.1 to 5.2 was the solution. :)

johncina12
-20th April 2019, 06:06
That's good