PDA

View Full Version : Mutants have always been here

shandydann
-13th February 2004, 14:02
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3485967.stm

And I am left handed.

TAJ83
-13th February 2004, 15:29
That doesn'y make you any less of a dangerous deviant though. I am firmly of the opinion that left handed people were invented to annoy right handed fencers!

You should all be rounded up and made to do things properly.:tongue:

oddball
-13th February 2004, 18:37
.....and I am ambidextrous, so I can be doubly annoying.

jrp-94
-13th February 2004, 19:00
Only left-handers are in their right minds. :grin:

Musketeer
-13th February 2004, 23:46
Since right-handers use the right hand, left-handers must use the wrong hand... :tongue: ;)

PM1
-14th February 2004, 09:44
...unless you are dyslexic, when right handers will usually be right side brain users......and vice versa..........

Aoife
-14th February 2004, 12:45
Nowt wrong with left handers. Some of my favourite fights at tournaments have been against lefties (but then my coach is left-handed, so naturally I find fighting lefties fun).

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

Mantis
-14th February 2004, 23:19
There's an epeeist in the top 50 who is left handed but fences right handed. Some people confuse me. :dizzy:

Anyway, this whole issue is very sinister.

shandydann
-16th February 2004, 15:31
One of our beginners is a right hander but prefers being left handed go figure.

Mind you I think the only difference really between left handers and right handers is just that there are less of us. Cos its not always easy for a leftie to fight another leftie. Vulnerable spots for left and right handed fights are the same. Lefties are just more used to making use of them.

Its partly mind set and partly practice.

Saying that I need to fence more right handers, my coaches are both lefties, my training partner is a leftie, we have 3 more lefties, so its a relief when I can fence a right hander.

Boo Boo
-16th February 2004, 15:54
Originally posted by Mantis
There's an epeeist in the top 50 who is left handed but fences right handed. Some people confuse me. :dizzy:

One of the top 5 WF in the UK is left-handed, but fences right handed...

I am right-handed (fencing and day-to-day things), but use my computer mouse left-haded (taught myself to do it about 4 years ago when I was getting tendon problems in my right hand - using my mouse left handed has solved the problem... :) ).

Boo

Musketeer
-17th February 2004, 02:17
Originally posted by Mantis
Anyway, this whole issue is very sinister.

Now, don't be gauche! ;) :grin:

shandydann
-17th February 2004, 08:02
Originally posted by Boo Boo
One of the top 5 WF in the UK is left-handed, but fences right handed...

I am right-handed (fencing and day-to-day things), but use my computer mouse left-haded (taught myself to do it about 4 years ago when I was getting tendon problems in my right hand - using my mouse left handed has solved the problem... :) ).

Boo

I changed my mouse hand to right when I had to do user interviews so that I could write and check their computer. Then I had problems with both hands. I use a tablet now, although I cant use that right handed. Solved the problem now though.

I suppose the whole opposite fencing handed though is partly a balance thing. What we sometimes do as an exercise is fence with the opposite hand. This is good as any mistakes in footwork or balance is multiplied when useing your opposite hand.

Mantis
-17th February 2004, 08:07
Originally posted by Musketeer
Now, don't be gauche! ;) :grin:

Are you saying I am being cack-handed? :tongue:

oddball
-20th February 2004, 18:42
Originally posted by Aoife

why? if you lost your right arm it would be physically impossible to be ambidextrous.

oddball
-20th February 2004, 18:42
Originally posted by Aoife

why? if you lost your right arm it would be physically impossible to be ambidextrous.

oddball
-20th February 2004, 18:44
sorry about the double posting!!

Mantis
-20th February 2004, 20:23
Originally posted by oddball

Hmmm, a word comes to mind and it doesn't mean 'resembles the metal with chemical symbol Fe'.