PDA

View Full Version : Where is everybody???

PM1
-14th February 2004, 09:57
Ok, peeps - it's 10.55 am, and I'm the only one on the board - not even a guest is here to keep me company.

So - when DO most people use the forum? I log on when I pick me email up in the evening, or like now, when I'm about to do a bit more work (groan) whilst the washing machine does its job.

On other occasions I log on to see if anyone has the results of the comp we might just have arrived back from, and so on.

Any forum habits anyone wants to own up to??:confused: :grin:

hayleyjade
-14th February 2004, 10:39
i appear when im online, which is a rather alarming large amount of time.

i am normally online to talk to my friends (as opposed to meeting up with them)

so i just log on here!

Hamley
-14th February 2004, 12:38
Im usaly on for the same reason as haleyjade. But im in america where the time zone difference is 5 difference.

But anyways is there a chat channle that we can join when where here because it may be nice to talk to some fencers once in awhile.

Noah

Aoife
-14th February 2004, 12:39
I tend to be one quite a bit Saturdays and Sundays, some afternoons (though not much any more as I have fencing 2 nights a week and work in a charity shop the other three, so I'm nackered a lot). I pop on in my free periods sometimes too... or when I've gone to the library in a lesson to do research, and gotten rather sidetracked :)

Tarmac
-14th February 2004, 14:19
anytime i'm supposed to be doing anything else on the computer... which is when i usually should be doing something else off the computer... procrastination - an altogether far too easy art to master..

hayleyjade
-14th February 2004, 15:34
grrr hamley grrrr, its haYleyjade, soz lil pethate of mine!

yes i really should be doing homework, or something right now, curses!

Rdb811
-14th February 2004, 16:35
Usually when i get in (hence the late postings) - also some lunchtimes / when I about to leve work. Or if i,m at home.

uk_45
-14th February 2004, 17:12
Tends to be the same a hayley just one when ever.

pinkelephant
-17th February 2004, 21:51
Displacement activity par excellence. Tends to be when I'm at school, as the broadband connection is really fast, and the old, cranky connection at home isn't. Been absent for four days due to a field trip to the First World War battlefields - the kids found THREE unexploded grenades in a ploughed field on the Somme. (very upset when they weren't allowed to bring them home!)

Tihon
-18th February 2004, 15:53
I usually log on in the morning from work and keep it minimized through the day. If a post that touches my interest appears, I reply or just mumble something for myself without posting.

bufc99
-19th February 2004, 14:32
I'm only on during the day at the moment as I don't have a net ocnnection in my house in Birmingham, so whenever between lectures. During teh holiday's in suffolk, it's whenever I'm online.

Gav
-19th February 2004, 15:10
I work in the 'Biz' so I'm always online anyway. Even though it may say that I'm hanging around I might be doing other things and not paying attention.

Don't get any idea's from that last sentence - eventually I start paying attention again... :grin:

Mantis
-19th February 2004, 16:38
Originally posted by Gav
Even though it may say that I'm hanging around I might be doing other things and not paying attention.

Don't get any idea's from that last sentence

I didn't at first, but after you mentioned it I dread to think! :dizzy:

PM1
-22nd February 2004, 13:54
I guess I tend to "hang around" sometimes too.......still trying to work out how to pick up emails when I'm away. I used my brother's comp over the last couple of days, and the forum avatars dance on HIS machine and not mine.....haven't for ages, so will have to get our resident computer nerd to check it when he comes home from building his brother's new computer in Brum.....not the boy, you understand - he's been working on/ clearing out my brother/his uncle's computer and is now in London, training.....and I should be doing the ironing. Yeh, right....:grin:

Time for a cuppa!!

oddball
-23rd February 2004, 07:58
Lunchtimes, breaktimes, after school...............

Aer
-23rd February 2004, 08:47
mornings before lectures, evenings after tea & Training

madfencer
-25th February 2004, 15:21
well im on fencing forum during the wk (not wkendz as i havent got internet at home!!!) between around 10.50am and 11.15am
also between 12.30pm and 1.15pm everyday
i also go on after school every wkday apart frm wed wen ive got fencing after school so thats 4pm-4.30pm!!!!!!!!!!!
hope thatz ok!!!!!!

oddball
-27th February 2004, 07:55
You never seem to be on the forum when I am.

madfencer
-27th February 2004, 12:10
sorry!!!!!!!

oddball
-5th March 2004, 12:34
Well u are now.

madfencer
-8th March 2004, 09:59
lol!!!!
well ive told ya wen i go online so u shld kno wen im on!!!! lol!!!!

devalleassoc
-8th March 2004, 21:44
Usually in the A.M. before I go to work. (remember, I'm in N.Y.C., so the time differential) I usually get "Madfencer" (what a shock, eh??!!) and others at that time, since it's around 1:00P.M. in the U.K. Also, I work late at night, which is the middle of nowhere for anybody, or else verrryy early in the A.M. over by you!!

madfencer
-9th March 2004, 11:58
ok thanx. im onlie at luch (between 12.30 and 1.15pm our time) and at break (between 10.50 and 11.15am our time) and after school most days (between 4pm and 5pm our time apart frm fidays (between 3.30 and 4pm our time).
i do not go online after skool on wednesdays as i hav fencing after skool. i will not b online after skool today.

oddball
-9th March 2004, 16:49
Methinks that through putting posts on this forum I am finally learning to type ok.

Sarah
-9th March 2004, 22:21
i am actually quite surprised on how many people are online at this time..but then guess theres not usually that much to do on a tuesday night!

Boo Boo
-9th March 2004, 22:47
Originally posted by Sarah
but then guess theres not usually that much to do on a tuesday night!

yes, fencing.... but am back from that ;)

madfencer
-10th March 2004, 09:57
Originally posted by oddball
Methinks that through putting posts on this forum I am finally learning to type ok.
good 4 u!!!!! try using Mavis Beacon! itz a computer typing thing-u learn 2 touch type etc.!!!! install it on ur comp.!!!

madfencer
-10th March 2004, 09:58
tues nights? well normally i go 2 me best frndz house but i was grounded so there was **** all 2 do!!!!! but i dont hav the internet at home!!!

oddball
-10th March 2004, 11:50
Bad luck.

madfencer
-10th March 2004, 12:08
yea it sucks, and even tho i wa sonly grounded last night i cant go to her house till friday coz i got ma drama performance 2night and tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!! so ill be l8 for fencing on thurs. ill be there at around 8.45pmish!!!!!!
by the way i kinda fancy Rob H.'s personality also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oddball
-18th March 2004, 11:51
OMIGOD!!!!! How on earth did you manage that?? No dont want to know!!!

madfencer
-18th March 2004, 12:11
wot how did i manage to fancy rob h's personality alos?!!!!! lol!!!!! easy enough m8!!!!!!! nah, i got grounded the usual way-argument wiv me dad.

hayleyjade
-18th March 2004, 18:38
lol, iv done that before, ended up fancying someone after talking to them alot, on the net usually, gets me into trouble normally, espesh with m8s hu dont approve of my crush's!

devalleassoc
-19th March 2004, 01:41
Hayley, Halyey, Hayley...... you ARE trouble!! ;)

madfencer
-19th March 2004, 09:56
i just normally fancy any1 called Matt or any1 wiv a good personality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
none of u then!! ;) teehee!

devalleassoc
-19th March 2004, 12:13
HaH!:tongue:

madfencer
-22nd March 2004, 15:29
ne1 named matt here?:moon:

devalleassoc
-23rd March 2004, 00:21
Ahemmmm!!!!!!:(

madfencer
-23rd March 2004, 15:23
well?!:grin:

devalleassoc
-23rd March 2004, 19:02
AAAAAHHHHHhheeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!:sam:

madfencer
-24th March 2004, 15:21
thats a yes then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:
take it ur one of the fit matts in this world then?!!!!!!! ;) :moon: ;)