PDA

View Full Version : European Championships

Keith.A.Smith
-13th April 2011, 14:11
I gather that there may well be over 90 GBR fencers competing in the European Championships in France. This is an amazing figure.

Good luck to each and every fencer.

Keith

ragingrabbit
-21st May 2011, 17:12
Car space and Hotel room available travelling from London only 100 for 3 days?
Will collect you from greater London, ferry travel and accommodation in clean budget F1 hotel near venue.
I am fencing foil and epee in male 40-50 category
I am going over by car from London on Thursday 2nd catching 12.15 ferry and back Saturday 4th on 23.30 ferry
I have a hotel room few miles from venue with 2 spare beds.
Just need to book extra ferry space.
Split costs down the middle for hotel, ferry etc which makes it only about 100 each
Interested?

free spirit
-22nd May 2011, 09:21
Based in the SW, I am considering attending event/part thereof this time not as a fencer but as part of cheerleaders crowd. Anyone attending event travelling down Sunday 29th or Mon 1st of June?

CGRIFF
-2nd June 2011, 11:24
Hi there, is there any way we can monitor the results as they happen? Please let me know. Thanks.

pinkelephant
-2nd June 2011, 12:11
Hi there, is there any way we can monitor the results as they happen? Please let me know. Thanks.

http://eurofencing2011.com/competition/results/

Saxon
-2nd June 2011, 15:35
That's the European Championships in Sheffield, I think Keith means the Vets, here http://www.escrimeveteranshb2011.com/en/competition

The results link is not working at the moment.

pinkelephant
-2nd June 2011, 15:58
Sorry - I only read the title of the thread, not which forum it was on.

pcooper
-2nd June 2011, 17:22
Anyone used Eurostar for this? Am I likely to have any problems with my fencing bag?
Paul

pinkelephant
-2nd June 2011, 18:44
Anyone used Eurostar for this? Am I likely to have any problems with my fencing bag?
Paul

For Eurostar you need to book your fencing bag in separately - turn up in plenty of time to do so. It will travel in a separate compartment, and you will have to arrange to collect it from there at the other end.

nurrycat
-3rd June 2011, 00:24
..and I hear there are a nice bunch of medals already! Congratulations! Nice work!

Sara

Keith.A.Smith
-4th June 2011, 12:42
Congratulations to GB medal winners
Dear All,

Here is some excellent news that I have received from Frank Mills and the European Veteran Championships.

Graham Paul Foil European Champion
Richard Cohen Sabre European Champion
Janet Cookey Epee European Champion

Plus Steve Fox bronze, Alan Ault bronze, Kate Elivin bronze, Carol Wengraf bronze and Connie Adam bronze.

Will let you know when we win more medals.

Keep up the good work Team GB.

Keith

Keith.A.Smith
-5th June 2011, 08:28
Dear All,

More good news.

Sylvia Earl European Champion
Janet Cooksey Double European Champion

Kristyn Payne Silver, Jane Hutchison Bronze

GB currently top of the nmedal table.

Really well done to all the European Champions (now 5 titles and all the medal winners).

Keith