PDA

View Full Version : Google whack

UglyBug
-15th February 2004, 23:15
Was introduced to this by a fellow fencer, don't know if she reads/posts on fencing fourm. Anyway, I think the idea is that you get a google whack when you type something in to google and only get one result. I was doing some research at work recently and only got one result for:

"wizz degreaser chemical"

Is this a google whack, or should it just be one word? And what else have people found?

doobarz
-16th February 2004, 07:26
I believe it should be two words.

A googlewhack is what happens when two words are entered in to Google and it comes back with one and only one hit.

From www.davegorman.com

And then there is www.googlewhack.com

hokers
-16th February 2004, 08:43
I read Dave's book on the subject this weekend, VERY funny.

You've got to find two words (no quotes allowed) that are both underlined (which means they're listed on dictionary.com) that produce one and only one hit.

colliebeast
-16th February 2004, 12:46
I went to see Dave's show it was mega brillo!
Googlewacks have to be two words and went typed into google both have to be underlined at the top of the page (this shows there in the google dictionary.) Then with only one hit (not a dictionary list) it's a Googlewack!
I have spent MANY an hour at work searching for them and it is highly recomended if you can't be arse with work!

hokers
-16th February 2004, 14:14
4th attempt, Whack!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=condensers+plectrums&spell=1

colliebeast
-16th February 2004, 14:18
nice work!

i always like sesquicentennial prepuce

but there you go...

Hurruh for not working!

hokers
-16th February 2004, 14:19
Got another one too:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=purgatorial+marsupials+

Better get back to work :o

UglyBug
-16th February 2004, 18:01
Got one!

degrease sepulchre

hayleyjade
-16th February 2004, 18:16
my cuz intor'd me to this, very funny, i found quite a few! (cant remember any of them though!)

uk_45
-16th February 2004, 20:51
Yep i own the book very very very funny! got loads some where! you want a challenge try going with 2 words which make sense in context and getting no results!

hokers
-16th February 2004, 22:22
Got a fencing one! Only took me about 30 attempts!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=pronating+disarmament

UglyBug
-17th February 2004, 07:26
Dave Gorman probably owes companies billions in productivity time...

hokers
-17th February 2004, 08:38
Not for the last one, I was waiting while Steam was reinstalling. But generally you're probably right. Theres a bit in the book about that.
"Human productivity has probably never been as low, because the machine you work on all day every day is also connected to the greatest source of entertainment that ever existed..." Or something like that.

wingnutLP
-17th February 2004, 18:05
I really do worry!

hayleyjade
-18th February 2004, 09:54
wooo! i like finding them with my name in!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=beaumont+wooble&meta=

the wooobl bit was a take opn weebl and bob!

hokers
-18th February 2004, 10:07
Strictly speaking that one doesnt count hayley, the two words need to be underlined in the "Searched the web for" bit, which means they are official dictionary.com listed words.

we'll let you off this time....;)

hayleyjade
-18th February 2004, 10:30
o i forgot about them having to be real words! dammit!

Aoife
-18th February 2004, 18:58
I saw David Gorman last Thursday. He signed my Googlewhack book! :tongue:

(he was doing a bookreading in my local Waterstones).

I've Googlewhacked for a long time, I've registered about twenty on the Whack Stack :D

(Hey, I get bored in my free periods!)

hokers
-19th February 2004, 00:01
but can you find another fencing-related whack?

symon
-21st February 2004, 00:05
Originally posted by Aoife
I saw David Gorman last Thursday. He signed my Googlewhack book! :tongue:

(he was doing a bookreading in my local Waterstones).
I've Googlewhacked for a long time, I've registered about twenty on the Whack Stack :D
(Hey, I get bored in my free periods!)

I'd noticed Dave gorman's brought out a book on the google whack syndrome is the book worth a read???