PDA

View Full Version : Well Hellooo

Tubby
-5th May 2003, 01:56
This is one of the better forums I've come across, which may say something about my technophobia, anyway I just had to get in.

Greetings from the White Rose county. I try to fence foil though now and again I hack away at epee on club night if I feel that I need a bit of a rest. I used to fence sabre but since the rules changed about hit to the fingers its not been the same...............................
:transport

PM1
-5th May 2003, 22:03
Greetings, fellow Yorkie. Maybe see you one club night???well, me boy might, but he's into epee most, but picked up a sabre and quite enjoyed it........:confused: not spending any more money on weapons.................:upset: :upset:

Tubby
-6th May 2003, 19:22
I haven't made it out to Hull yet. Harrogate and Skipton are where I've shamed myself so far :o .

I sometimes get to the training days in York but dragging my bulk around on the warm up jog seem to be enough for me these days.

I'm also on the kit up curve for my two kids so do I trump your :upset: :upset: with another :upset: ?

PM1
-6th May 2003, 22:37
Could be I'll grant you that one, Tubs, as I have only the one to kit up as the other is a thesp (painful) and no longer as expensive as she used to be as a dancer. Perhaps we could start a thread for re distribution of no longer needed kit?:rolleyes: LP especially, of course :) but we all know how expensive even the worst quality kit is to buy new, don't we:dizzy: And taking up another string/thread about how awful the Scottish web site is, have you stumbled across the Yorkshire one??? I don't anymore, as it's never up to date, and there's never anything on for the youngies - shall we start a revolution and set up a web page for them ??:tongue: :tongue: :party:

Tubby
-7th May 2003, 00:20
I have seen the Scottish site its a bit rubbish, and though I concur with your sentiments about the Yorkshire site, I think its better than the Scottish one. It just needs plenty of work to bring it up to date. A techie with time at no cost is needed. (I've just had a quick look at the Yorkshire site and it does have some recent results on).

Andrew
-7th May 2003, 09:21
Hellllllooooooo yorkshire.

im from wakefield.

nice to see fellow yorkshire(wo)men

PM1
-7th May 2003, 23:14
hellooo Andrew!!! hey - do we start a yorkie thread or what??

If the Yfence bothered putting the youngsters results on and not just the growd ups I might be a bit more enthusiastic, Tubs, but they give me the very clear feeling that they are eletist and ageist, and I wish I had the time and energy to do something constructive about it.:mad: Ah well, :moon: to the lot of them....for the time being, anyway

Tubby
-7th May 2003, 23:22
Andrew - I owe you drink - its half a coke right? Saw Gillian and Jim tonight.

Tubby
-7th May 2003, 23:26
PM1 - I understand that the Yorkshire Committee will be looking at ways to modernise, they are supposed to be meeting this weekend. I'll pass your comments on.

PM1
-7th May 2003, 23:39
Thanks, but it won't be the first time it's been said, and by peeps I would have thought they might listen to. I have said I'd help, so they'll know who this is........The boy has been National epee champ for 2 years running (<14 and <16), and never a word, let alone GB rep x 3 this year - and it's not for want of me passing the info on. And the boy isn't the only one. It's time to celebrate success - if the regions can't or won't, how the bejazers can we expect the doubting press and public to do so? Encourage the young, or lose them.

Moan over - let me know what happens, please?? Ta;) Had a BAAAAAAD day at the office.............:(

Andrew
-9th May 2003, 13:23
Originally posted by Tubby
Andrew - I owe you drink - its half a coke right? Saw Gillian and Jim tonight.

you ask gill or jim, if i drink coke.....

remember im an epeeist

Surgical spirit at least....

Andrew.

(btw did you meet michael last night ??)

tall blonde, wears black and drives a (black) 406. he'll have the coke

Tubby
-9th May 2003, 22:15
[i]The boy has been National epee champ for 2 years running (<14 and <16), and never a word, let alone GB rep x 3 this year.

I've heard good things about your boy.

One of the difficult things with bigging up Yorkshire results is that the area is so big and the local press is really only interested in local people and the Yorkshire Post wants an angle. Though I'd have thought they would have jumped all over the national championship results.

Tubby
-9th May 2003, 22:18
(btw did you meet michael last night ??)

tall blonde, wears black and drives a (black) 406. he'll have the coke I wasn't at Skipton last night.

PM1
-9th May 2003, 22:58
Well thank you, kind sir, I'll pass the good vibes on to him who has just decided he wants an hour long lesson - oh, the fickleness of youth, whocouldn't be a...sed to have a 15 minute lesson for weeks......

ANYWAY, as to the YoPo et al, I have a mate who was a free lance journalist who did a write up for him after the champs this year and sent it to the YoPo and the Hull Daily Wail and bite was there none.

Spoke to Dave Jerry at Club this evening - and going to tryand get him to join up to the forum - he tells me there are to be taster sessions at the Armouries this summer.....press interest there, do you think??

I think I'm going to start a new thread - how do people get the media to cover this sport??? Answers on a pin??;) ;)

Tubby
-26th May 2003, 08:49
PM1
ANYWAY, as to the YoPo et al, I have a mate who was a free lance journalist who did a write up for him after the champs this year and sent it to the YoPo and the Hull Daily Wail and bite was there none.
I think I'm going to start a new thread - how do people get the media to cover this sport??? Answers on a pin??;) ;) [/B]

I contacted YoPo re results from the GB U10 and didn't even get a reply. All the local and not so local papers, Harrogate, Knareborough, Wetherby, Pateley Bridge etc carried the story but not YoPo. The last time YoPo carried a story was when one of our lads went to Aus for the CWG.