PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Swap for Olympics?

gettingonabit
-29th June 2011, 09:26
I mentioned elsewhere that I was interested in swapping tickets, the Forum would seem to be a great venue for this.

If you missed out, didn't get the ones you wanted, or got more tickets than you needed, why not post a notice here?

(I have two for Men's team foil finals, would like tickets for any epee event.)

Kate

ED_R
-29th June 2011, 10:02
Four for womens sabre team :(

Anything in epee :D

gettingonabit
-29th June 2011, 10:05
Sorry, too subtle for me.. does that mean you have 4 and would like....

ED_R
-29th June 2011, 10:07
I HAVE: Four for womens sabre team

WANTED: Anything in epee

:)

Sorry to disappoint. (It would be good if I could have offered anything in epee.)

gettingonabit
-29th June 2011, 10:22
Ah well.

sabregran
-4th July 2011, 14:51
I HAVE: Four for womens sabre team

WANTED: Anything in epee

:)

Sorry to disappoint. (It would be good if I could have offered anything in epee.)

Really? That sounds suspicious!

fencingmum
-5th July 2011, 10:47
I know it's a long shot, but

Wanted:
2 tickets to individual WF, both sessions, and 2 for individual MF both sessions.

P.S. I assume no one's going to be mean and try and make a mint out of this, but re-sell at cost.

hokers
-5th July 2011, 11:01
You *CAN'T* resell these tickets. You'd have to go with the person who bought them in the first place. Their ID will be required to get you in. But if anyone got multiple tickets, this is plausible.

fencingmum
-5th July 2011, 11:20
Ah, I hadn't understood that bit of it. Could make things a bit complicated - arranging to meet and so on.
What about the big public "re-sale" that's supposed to be the next stage? What will happen there? Will "ownership" of the tickets be passed on then?

hokers
-5th July 2011, 11:28
As I understand it, the last bit is for people who have returned their tickets as unwanted. Returns will be via the official ticketing agency, so ownership transferred like that.

Can't think that's going to be a very high percentage though..

andrew britton
-5th July 2011, 13:08
Looking for two for Mens Sabre...

CaptainCommuter
-5th July 2011, 16:45
You *CAN'T* resell these tickets. You'd have to go with the person who bought them in the first place. Their ID will be required to get you in. But if anyone got multiple tickets, this is plausible.

Incorrect. You can resell them to family and friends but not for profit. ID is not required for entry.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2011/06/olympic-tickets-can-be-re-sold-to-friends-or-family

Tubby
-5th July 2011, 20:39
When they arrive, I will have two spare Class B tickets to Men's Team Foil qualifying session that I would be looking to find a good home for. They are 45 each and I will only sell them as a pair (90). Email me if you are interested: tubbyatwhichdotnet

Tubby
-6th July 2011, 08:21
When they arrive, I will have two spare Class B tickets to Men's Team Foil qualifying session that I would be looking to find a good home for. They are 45 each and I will only sell them as a pair (90). Email me if you are interested: tubbyatwhichdotnetTickets now allocated.

Tubby
-3rd August 2011, 12:22
Given the direction of the World Championship selection, I'm looking rather silly now with my 16 tickets to WET :shrug: :o:

Highlander
-3rd August 2011, 12:45
Thats one of the reasons a lot of people didnt go to sheffield!

We didnt have a team.

Andy
-3rd August 2011, 19:50
Just get the tickets you want from Germany, they are cheaper, you can get what you want, and due to EU law, they can't stop you buying them (it just uses the German allocation)

PS - For Germany you can replace with any number of EU member states.

A.

gettingonabit
-7th August 2011, 11:00
Very happy to take some off your hands. Kate