PDA

View Full Version : British Fencing Olympic Pathway

munkey
-2nd July 2011, 23:13
Funding cuts for existing Pathway members (including a short but not very sweet "go home" email for some). Apply again if you 'really think you're good enough'. Welcome to the new world of Olympic Pathway. Medals in 2012 or potential to medal in 2016. Anyone else can re-apply but you'd bettrer make a strong case.

Bold but too late for 2012 IMHO. Welcome to BF chaos, Alex Newton.

Regards

Munkey

Comments from fencers, coaches and other interested parties welcome as always.

d_f_a
-3rd July 2011, 16:43
Not completely connected with this thread but have we thought of looking at the strategy of other Olympic sports with a low commercial value to see how they operate? At least one must have the whole set up running successfully. Why reinvent the wheel all the time.

Landcrab
-3rd July 2011, 18:47
Not sure I understand your point, am I missing something?

Funding cuts for existing Pathway members (including a short but not very sweet "go home" email for some). Apply again if you 'really think you're good enough'. Welcome to the new world of Olympic Pathway. Medals in 2012 or potential to medal in 2016. Anyone else can re-apply but you'd bettrer make a strong case.

Bold but too late for 2012 IMHO. Welcome to BF chaos, Alex Newton.

Regards

Munkey

Not sure if I understand your point! Am I missing something?

Comments from fencers, coaches and other interested parties welcome as always.

Gav
-5th July 2011, 22:31
Well I'd heard that there were some changes afoot. That was interesting reading. Is there a rational reason for such last minute changes?