PDA

View Full Version : Wot u guyz giving up 4 Lent?-I dread 2 think!!!-go on tell all!!!!!!!!!!!

madfencer
-25th February 2004, 15:26
Wot u guyz giving up 4 Lent?-I dread 2 think!!!-go on tell all!!!!!!!!!!!

im giving up da alcohol (ill break dat wivin a day!!!!!!!!!!!) and glue sniffing (i havent glue sniffed since january now thanx 2 gav and my sister in america!!!-THANX GAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

hayleyjade
-25th February 2004, 16:32
um.......... crisps

yes not quite as interesting but hey

uk_45
-25th February 2004, 16:33
alchol

and to my teachers homework!!!!

hayleyjade
-25th February 2004, 20:12
teehee! yes i have just given up homework, cant be bothered!

Marcos
-26th February 2004, 08:53
giving away soft hits - at MOFT I was beating guys 5-3 who, with due respect, I should have beaten 5-1.

Tried giving-up alcohol one Lent whilst at uni - kept it up for 3 weeks, but the a cold Labatt's Ice after fencing was too tempting.

Was going to give-up red meat, but as soon as I thought it my entire being screamed for a bacon buttie.

So my lenten resolution is to call/email my extended family more

madfencer
-26th February 2004, 10:07
lol!
i told u id break da no alcohol rule-broke it last night-couldnt resist some of the sauvignon blanc a guy i like bout me 4 me 15th bday!!!!!!!! so i think ill just stick 2 no glue sniffing (ill prob. break dat aswell!!!!) and trying not 2 hit flat and offtarget in fencing (i do dat a lot!!!)

symon
-26th February 2004, 14:20
Hhmmmmmm????? can you give up Lent for Lent???:rolleyes: or suppose i could give up alcohol .................. til the weekend of course!!!:grin: ............. aaaaahhhhhhh I know I'll give up jaffa cakes!!!!!!!:grin:

oddball
-26th February 2004, 17:02
Fencing like a muppet... well trying to stop

madfencer
-27th February 2004, 10:12
READ ME LENT SUCKS THREAD

oddball
-27th February 2004, 11:11
why? It's naff

madfencer
-27th February 2004, 12:14
well thanx!

hayleyjade
-29th February 2004, 19:55
lol

oddball you and madfencer dont get on do you?

i mean like at ALL

Aoife
-29th February 2004, 20:58
Several years ago I gave up giving things up for Lent- still managing it. I also resolved to not make any more New Years' Resolutions, holding strong there too.

My word I have enormous willpower.

(when I was about twelve I remember telling a teacher who rudely questioned my Lent-giving-up-ness that I had given up hope for Lent.... she didn't seem to impressed :) ).

By the way... you don't have to give something up for Lent, it's a common misconception. You can do something positive instead like "help old people cross roads" or "look after stray cat" or even "be nicer to people during Lent". (wow, seven years of Catholic school actually HAS taught me something!)

Sarah
-1st March 2004, 21:52
Me and my housemate have decided to give up caffeine as we consume definitely far too much of the stuff. However, I feel that we are completely addicted to the substance and now starting to get withdrawal symptoms i.e. shaking (not good when you have a foil in your hand!) and falling asleep in lectures!!

pot noodle
-2nd March 2004, 09:03
I gave up all foods that begin with the letters 'ch'.
Its random but funny..
I've thought of loads of them but I'm sure I've missed some out.....

bufc99
-2nd March 2004, 09:39
Originally posted by Aoife
Several years ago I gave up giving things up for Lent- still managing it. I also resolved to not make any more New Years' Resolutions, holding strong there too.

Aoife, a girl after my own heart. I made the very same resolutions quite a while ago and I too am sticking strongly to them.

Sarah: Giving up caffeine. :eek: How can you do this to yourself. You're a student it should be one of your major food groups. Well not quite food but you know what I mean.

Sarah
-3rd March 2004, 10:06
I know! I'm hoping that in the long run that i'll get over needing the stuff but the sad thing is I am now consuming far too much chocolate and sugar to compensate! Oh dear! x

Aoife
-4th March 2004, 13:45
Years back I gave up coffee (as I decided that much coffee for a 13 year old wasn't too healthy) and instead I drink lots and lots of Pepsi Max (low sugar, HIGH caffine) Doh!

symon
-4th March 2004, 14:34
that'll be the pot calling the kettle black rhen Aoife:grin:

Sarah
-4th March 2004, 18:45
I was told today that chocolate contains caffeine! Oh No! x - How a girl can give up chocolate, i don't know!

hayleyjade
-4th March 2004, 19:50
nooo dnt give up choc! everyone will hate you!

or everybbody hated me wen i dint eat choc!:dizzy:

Australian
-4th March 2004, 20:31
ice cream for me

Mantis
-4th March 2004, 21:57
Sorry to bring a bit of seriousness to this, but I think giving up anything with caffine in it is missing the point. Give up caffine, all well and good, but not for Lent.

Anyway, I would recommend not giving it up in one go if you consume a lot because you do get withdrawl symptoms. I know because I have experienced it. For me these were headaches mainly and although they stopped after a few days I'd rather not have had them at all. Oh, and the craving ... :dizzy:

For what it's worth, I've given up coffee. And I think the original poster should give up exclamation marks and 'kool' abreviations. :grin:

Aer
-5th March 2004, 09:15
alcohol...

diet coke/ coke / decaf coke/ etc etc

madfencer
-5th March 2004, 11:52
Aer:
i wld just stick to giving up the alcohol, it is not at all realistic 2 giv up all the other things u listed!!!!!!!!!!!! think about it, after lent u can get totally ****** out of ur head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(totally missin the point of course!!!!) :dizzy:
ps. y is ur username 'Aer'-thatz a bit strange isnt it?!!!

madfencer
-5th March 2004, 11:53
no1 giv up chocolate!!!!!!!!! wotz da point???!!!!

oddball
-5th March 2004, 12:15
I could give up ice cream, a tough one cos I work in an ice cream van.

Sarah
-9th March 2004, 21:58
2 weeks down the line - how much longer now?? Anyway still have kept of the caffeine. has not been easy though especially as i have to be at work in a coffee shop (great student job) for 7.30 in the morning *arghh*. And surrounded by coffee is not good when you have decided to give it up. I have however decided that it probably will be a good thing to keep my caffeine intake down to a low as i actually feel that i'm starting to benefit - sleep so much easier and my skin looks a bit clearer than it did previously. saying that i did manage to fall asleep for an hour (i hope the lecturer didn't notice but i was sitting at the back) but i feel that this is more to do with having a tiring fencing practice session last night followed by going out followed by lectures at 9 am.
Has anyone kept up with lent as well?? x (an once i have included no exclamation marks in my message. :) )

madfencer
-10th March 2004, 10:13
well i havent glue sniffed at all but u guys kno i broke da alcohol 1!!!!!!!!! how u guys doing wiv lent? oddball, thatll b really hard 4 ice cream bt go 4 it!!!!!!!!

oddball
-10th March 2004, 11:49
To be honest after working in a van 4 two years I hate the stuff!

madfencer
-10th March 2004, 12:06
i wld luv it man, free ice cream-mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i luv mr softy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can u get me n me friend sum free ice cream su m time?! pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee ee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how much do u get payed? surely u can get a better payed job than that?!

hayleyjade
-12th March 2004, 22:03
yum ice cream, was gona get a tub @ lunch time, untill i remeberered it was snowing this morning, so maybe a bit too cold!

iv managed mine so far! lol, i did have prawn crakers the other day tho, oops! forgot the were kind of similar!

april 11th is easter sunday i believe, so another month (ish) to go!

madfencer
-15th March 2004, 11:50
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
another month??????!!!!!!! surely not?!!!
ive kept up so far wiv no glue sniffing but havent kept the alcohol couldnt resist so gave up!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!! as for flat hits and off targets-no comment-itz impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP POSTING HOW UR DOING!!!!!!!!
:grin:

hayleyjade
-15th March 2004, 17:45
lol! im doing ok, i have resisted crips, however i ate toilla chiips on sat, they r ?NOT crisps tho! teehee!

i am giving up alcohol forever now! lol! eurgh! my liver h8s me!

Sarah
-15th March 2004, 21:57
I tried to give up alcohol once...lasted a week until the next time I went out. Although I am very proud of myself cos i'm still off the caffeine!!!Its still difficult though working in a coffee shop and everything but I luckily discovered that decaf- tastes the same!
hayley-the best thing to do is to go a few weeks without and then you'll find that the next time you do drink, it won't take much which is good cos it costs less and does your liver less damage. Also the best hangover cure, well prevention is to drink 2 glasses of orange squash before crashing out. the water hydrates you and the orange gives you sugar. Don't take any pain relief in the morning cos it dehydrates you further making you feel worse...all from experience mind :)

hayleyjade
-17th March 2004, 21:13
)teehee! thanx! im grounded atm anyway so i wont be going out for a while! im a light wieght anyway, doesnt take much!

(a quarter of a bottle of a bicardi breezer and i couldnt talk str8!:dizzy:

madfencer
-18th March 2004, 10:11
im a light weight in that way aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got sloshed on PIMMS wen i wen i ent to england-my aunty got me sloshed!!!!!!! i almost fell down the stairs after 2 glassses!!!!!!!! ok, so i was 13 or 14 but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madfencer
-18th March 2004, 10:13
becuase i (used to-for now wiv lent going on!) sniff glue etc. i was sniffing for like 1/2 an hour frm glue sticks and marker pens and then drinking white wine. i dread 2 think how dangerous it was. id had hardly any food either. i was sniffing so much id actually go blind 4 like 30secs which was scary. i was also lying totally out of it on the floor!!!!!!!!!

oddball
-18th March 2004, 11:46
Hey madfencer, if u want free ice cream phone me and if im working u can come to the van and get as much as u like! By the way, keep yer blimmin phone on at da weekend please, its always off!!!!!!!

madfencer
-18th March 2004, 12:02
heya!!!!! can me m8 come along and get sum 2?!!! u met her at the north show!!! ya kno?!
wen do u work at the van??????!!!!!!!!
i normally dont hav me phone on saturday or sunday as i sleep at me b. m8s house and stay rnd sat.
in future ill take it 2 school and hav it on on sundays ok? did ya get me txtz?

Neo
-9th November 2004, 00:24
Originally posted by madfencer
Wot u guyz giving up 4 Lent?-I dread 2 think!!!-go on tell all!!!!!!!!!!!

im giving up da alcohol (ill break dat wivin a day!!!!!!!!!!!) and glue sniffing (i havent glue sniffed since january now thanx 2 gav and my sister in america!!!-THANX GAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

sex.... I mean my wrist won't get as much exercise, but I'll get by.