PDA

View Full Version : Three of these four bought their lame's in Baby Gap!

wingnutLP
-19th October 2011, 09:10

Does anyone else think that 75% of this lineup have bought their lames from Baby Gap?

:whistle:

Tubby
-19th October 2011, 09:16
Good one!

At the cadet nationals one boy was despatched by the ref to get a new lame as the one he was wearing didn't cover enough of his shoulders. I suppose its different for an international ref to reject an Italian's lame.

Agricola
-19th October 2011, 09:18
"Heya! Itsa nota my fault! Dis stupido lame ita shrunk in da washa ... honest!"

Gav
-19th October 2011, 09:34
Oh so that's why they win everything...

Agricola
-19th October 2011, 09:38
Oh so that's why they win everything...

Don't tell me you've wasted your time away practising technique instead of putting your lame on a hot wash?

Cyranna's Father
-19th October 2011, 10:06
foil! *shakes head*

"lies on floor bleeding to death and crying 'you can't have killed me it wasnt your turn' "

Gav
-19th October 2011, 10:12
Don't tell me you've wasted your time away practising technique instead of putting your lame on a hot wash?

No, I just put on weight.

Not quite a Vet
-19th October 2011, 10:19
There is some Seniors, Juniors and Cadets that do the fencing circuit that could quite easily join that line up.

I always thought jacket had to over-lap breeches and then lame had to cover jacket. Simples, even for the Italian Lads to follow.

Ref should have informed them they'd obviously picked up the lames of the petit WF Team by mistake!

miraberis
-19th October 2011, 10:39
I suppose its different for an international ref to reject an Italian's lame.

It's more important that they do, on such an important stage.
It should also be easier. They're an international referee. They should be able to get armourers and DT behind them. It may be an unpopular decision, but it could hardly be called controversial.
In fact, the FIE could sort this from the top. Simply instruct referees and DTs to enforce the rules about length of lame and warn the fencers beforehand that they will be enforced. It might create a little stir at a couple of world cups, but people would soon get the idea.

Not quite a Vet
-19th October 2011, 11:02
It's more important that they do, on such an important stage.
It should also be easier. They're an international referee. They should be able to get armourers and DT behind them. It may be an unpopular decision, but it could hardly be called controversial.
In fact, the FIE could sort this from the top. Simply instruct referees and DTs to enforce the rules about length of lame and warn the fencers beforehand that they will be enforced. It might create a little stir at a couple of world cups, but people would soon get the idea.

Here, here...couldn't agree more. Rules are Rules, whats the point in having them if they're not adhered to.

RIchardn
-19th October 2011, 11:03
What are the rules regarding the size of a lame? I though ot had to come down to the hips.

Tubby
-19th October 2011, 11:43
What are the rules regarding the size of a lame? I though ot had to come down to the hips.You can find them on the LP website, and yes down to hips. One of the funniest things to watch is a foilist trying to hunch and crunch to prove the lame comes down to the hips.

Rids
-19th October 2011, 11:52
Good one!

At the cadet nationals one boy was despatched by the ref to get a new lame as the one he was wearing didn't cover enough of his shoulders. I suppose its different for an international ref to reject an Italian's lame.

That was my son!! He had previously been challenged over its position over the hips, but that was deemed ok. I never realised about the shoulder-blade coverage. I challenged this to DT, who agreed with the ref.

Great start - red card due to kit failure & failed complaint. One point down & not even on piste yet.

Another expensive day in Sheffield.

(By the way, if anyone is looking for a slightly used lame, pm me. Leon Paul size 36.)

Tubby
-19th October 2011, 12:51
Great start - red card due to kit failure & failed complaint. One point down & not even on piste yet.I think in the old days it was also 25 to DT. No doubt some of my fellow coggers will correct me on the levy.