PDA

View Full Version : Olympic test event 26/27th November

munkey
-12th November 2011, 11:04
The Olympis test event for men's foil at the Excel will now feature a GB "B" team to be selected on Monday. Will be interesting to see who is selected!

Regards

Sean

Lefty Foilist
-12th November 2011, 15:18
Most interesting indeed. Kruse, Halsted, Kenber Jefferies for the A team, of course: it's probably pointless, but just for a little fun, any guesses on the B team?
The (former?) Junior team maybe (Fitzgerald, Davis, Tofalides, Rosowsky), or a Melia, Peggs, Mepstead line-up?

munkey
-12th November 2011, 21:59
My pick would be Cook, Davis and Melia plus one from Rosowsky, Mepsted and Tofalides. Ziemek and Maciek are the selectors in Alex Newton's absence on holiday.

munkey
-13th November 2011, 21:24
Looking forward to selection decision even more after Amsterdam results this weekend.

British Fencing
-14th November 2011, 08:03
Following the weekend's results, Peformance Manager Alex Newton has confirmed the GBR 'B' team as:

Keith Cook
James Davis
Marcus Mepstead
Husayn Rosowsky

Lefty Foilist
-14th November 2011, 09:35
Well well, kudos to Cook for the last ditch effort!

Gav
-14th November 2011, 09:49
Following the weekend's results, Peformance Manager Alex Newton has confirmed the GBR 'B' team as:

Keith Cook
James Davis
Marcus Mepstead
Husayn Rosowsky

Looks like munkey was pretty much on the money.

Destiny Angel
-14th November 2011, 10:52
This sounds like a 'grand day out' and a chance for us to check out our route and the venue prior to the main event in the summer. How do we obtain tickets?

British Fencing
-14th November 2011, 11:14
This sounds like a 'grand day out' and a chance for us to check out our route and the venue prior to the main event in the summer. How do we obtain tickets?

As noted previously on the Forum, this event is a facilities and procedures check for LOCOG and is not a public event for which tickets will be sold. Some passes are available through British Fencing, but most attendees at this event will be directly involved in the 2012 event (e.g., national governing bodies, work force, volunteers).

Lefty Foilist
-14th November 2011, 12:23
Sorry to be picky, but shouldn't this story have been announced on the official website before posted on a forum?

British Fencing
-14th November 2011, 16:12
Information on pass availability for the Olympic Test Event can be found here:

http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/showthread.php?15968-Olympic-Test-Event-Passes-for-Members

Highlander
-15th November 2011, 09:16
Does anyone know if the B team be fencing in the individual event?

munkey
-15th November 2011, 09:24
Does anyone know if the B team be fencing in the individual event?

Yes they will. Full list of fencers has been sent to the team. Format is same as Olympics - straight DE.

Highlander
-15th November 2011, 11:36
Thanks Munkey

Very exciting

Gav
-22nd November 2011, 15:28
The FIE have put up some information on the Test Event.

http://www.fie.org/en/news/the-test-event-preparing-for-london-2012-0-1185

And some chat from the lads.

http://www.beazleybritishfencing.com/videos

Threestain
-23rd November 2011, 07:13
I have to say that I feel that this is missed opportunity by LOCOG and by BF.

You could have an actual test event with fencers (used to glitches in the system) getting to watch actual fencing for a small fee (say 5) and get a bit of a war chest and increased marketing (next best thing to Olympics etc).

Sadly now there will be no test of the event with an actual crowd, and very few people who want to watch fencing will see fencing (LOCOG's awful ticket 'system' at fault here).

Fortunately I will be much happier at the alternative event - Miller Hallett...

Fernando Schlindwein
-23rd November 2011, 23:52
How odd.
Are my eyes deceiving me or the ranking is
7 - Rhys Melia
65 - Husayn Rosowsky
Why, I wonder Rhys was not selected?

Barry Paul
-24th November 2011, 08:29
any idea where I can find info about the test event. Not least the countries participating?

Rids
-24th November 2011, 08:43
any idea where I can find info about the test event. Not least the countries participating?
http://www.fie.org/en/news/the-test-event-preparing-for-london-2012-0-1185

valentino46
-24th November 2011, 08:48
Have to agree with fernando. But teams should be selected under the rankings. Only fair!

munkey
-24th November 2011, 09:11
Have to agree with fernando. But teams should be selected under the rankings. Only fair!

Wait till you see the revised Olympic Selection Policy if the proposed changes are accepted by the BF Board!

Not quite a Vet
-24th November 2011, 09:12

It can't possibly be done on Ranking alone!

Scenario - Say a fencer 11 months ago wins a European Event (tons of points). But over the last 9 months has been performing well below par. Are you going to select this fencer over someone who's on form and out performing the previously mentioned fencer?

Ideally to use Ranking alone would be great, but surely selectors should be choosing the best people at the time to achieve the best for the Team.

valentino46
-24th November 2011, 09:36
i understand that. But 7th in the rankings for rhys? 65th for Rosowsky?

Cook - justified
Mepstead - justified
Davis - justified
Rosowsky - Isnt, not really
Melia - should be justified

Even if Melia and Rosowsky wasnt thought of for this event, other people like peggs, fitzgerald should have that chance. No disrespect to the fencers mentioned they are all top athletes. But as you said before, one result in the last 11months like rosowsky which was 10th at the leonpaul cup and then you have rhys and other people above rosowsky that have done more competitions that they have had points from. Obviously the people above rosowsky are on better form, if rosowsky had done more competitions or at the competitions he had fenced in had the results to back up the selection then thats fine.

Not quite a Vet
-24th November 2011, 09:55
I couldn't possibly get involved in the pros and cons of individual athletes.

The only case I was making, was that selectors have the sometimes difficult job in making decisions that are unpopular. But at the end of the day, any selector should be able to honestly explain their choices.

I think the main problem we have is a lack of transparency in the whole procedure, and that's not just BF but in some cases the Home-Nations.

It would be nice to think that boards and committees have been populated by individuals who can carry out their roles honestly and fairly.

Not quite a Vet
-24th November 2011, 10:11
Anyway on a lighter note hope the Test Event goes well, and anyone with an axe to grind proves their point on the piste...

hokers
-24th November 2011, 11:15
How odd.
Are my eyes deceiving me or the ranking is
7 - Rhys Melia
65 - Husayn Rosowsky
Why, I wonder Rhys was not selected?

Three words.

Discretionary. Selection. Bad.

wingnutLP
-24th November 2011, 20:08
couple of pics here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.405363099977.64570.104177204977&type=1

I wouldn't have gone for blue carpet but I suspect that is an Olympics wide decision...

Barry Paul
-24th November 2011, 20:52
The carpet at the Olympics is going to be very dark blue, not the light blue at the test event.

thedoc
-24th November 2011, 23:26
Out of interest, how far are the stands going to be away from the pistes?

The Driver
-25th November 2011, 08:10
Out of interest, how far are the stands going to be away from the pistes?

Probably just the other side of the running track :whistle:

munkey
-25th November 2011, 17:46
The draw for Brits tomorrow:
Cook vs Massialas (USA)
Kruse vs Minuto (ITA)
Rosowsky vs Lei (CHN)
Davis vs Imboden (USA)
Mepsted vs Cherimisinove (RUS)
Jeffries vs Simoncelli (ITA)
Halsted vs Chamley-Watson (USA)
Kenber vs Zhu (CHN)

I'll post the full draw when Keith sends it through to me.

Apparently Weapon Control was absolutely brutal - new blades failing x-ray tests, all the wireless t-shirts failing, lames failing because the name print was too dark, etc.

munkey
-25th November 2011, 17:51
And for The Driver's benefit, apparently the spectators are very close to the fencing!! The ExCeL looks amazing with other sports (boxing and something else) holding their test events there this weekend too.

munkey
-25th November 2011, 18:56
Full draw from 32:

1. V Sintes (FRA)
32. F Fark (GER)

17. L Halsted (GBR)
16. M Chamley-Watson (USA)

9. D Rigine (RUS)
24. M Braun (GER)

25. E Jefferies (GBR)
8. L Simoncelli (ITA)

5. J Ma (CHN)
28. M Kroeplin (GER)

21. T Lari (ITA)
12. L Zhang (CHN)

13. M Marcilloux (FRA)
20. A Khovansky (RUS)

29. H Rosowsky (GBR)
4. S Lei (CHN)

3. A Cheremisinov (RUS)
30. M Mepstead (GBR)

19. J Kenber (GBR)
14. J Zhu (CHN)

11. A Foconi (ITA)
22. R Ganeev (RUS)

27. J Davis (GBR)
6. R Imboden (USA)

7. A Massialas (USA)
26. K Cook (GBR)

23. M Minuto (ITA)
10. R Kruse (GBR)

15. G Meinhardt (USA)
18. B Guyart (FRA)

31. A Sinita (GER)
2. E Le Pechoux (FRA)

First matches scheduled to start at 10.30.

Rudd
-26th November 2011, 14:08
Any updates or results?

Interesting that Germany and Italy sent their B/Junior squads. That said the Italian team is still ridicoulsy strong.

Rudd
-26th November 2011, 14:21
Found the updates on Twitter. (http://twitter.com/#!/britishfencing)

Peaseblossom
-27th November 2011, 10:48
Oldest son has just found USFencing's write up from yesterday's event:

http://usfencing.org/news/2011/11/26/meinhardt-and-chamley-watson-win-gold-and-silver-at-olympic-test-event-imboden-places-fourth/45609 (http://usfencing.org/news/2011/11/26/meinhardt-and-chamley-watson-win-gold-and-silver-at-olympic-test-event-imboden-places-fourth/45609)

At the bottom of the page is a link to the complete results from yesterday.

pinkelephant
-27th November 2011, 14:18
The carpet at the Olympics is going to be very dark blue, not the light blue at the test event.

Will that be the same "midnight blue" that you use for the Cornish kit?:whistle:

pinkelephant
-27th November 2011, 14:23
Will that be the same "midnight blue" that you use for the Cornish kit?:whistle:

on pink elephants computer i would respond 'not quite as dark as that, 9get back to your D.T. duties!!!!!!! Barry

JackSparrow
-27th November 2011, 16:04
First period of the L16 Massialas vs Kruse is up on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69wv8P9XUfs

Also, I hear the Men's Foil A Team are in the final after beating France 45-25. Great result!

D'Artignan
-27th November 2011, 16:22
Also the B team is in the 3rd/4th fence off just now, having been beaten by Russia 45-42 in the other semi.

rpryer
-27th November 2011, 17:47
GBR win 45-34 to take the gold medal against RUS.

Lefty Foilist
-27th November 2011, 17:47
GB A 45 Russia 34.... HUZAH!

Hazel
-27th November 2011, 18:02
GB 2 lost to France in Bronze match but GB1 take GOLD

Foilling Around
-27th November 2011, 18:40
The first really good news for the new PM. Let’s look at the magnitude of this achievement. Alright it was not a World Cup points scoring event so you could say that the GBR boys had much more to play for than the others. But that was also true on Saturday and the GBR boys did not rise to the occasion; today they did. Unfortunately I was there yesterday but not today!

I have given the Team world rankings of each team and the individual world rankings of the fencers to show that this was no Mickey Mouse event.

Today our B team beat Italy who sent their B team – but their B team is better ranked than our A team.

GBR2 – World Ranking N/A
J Davis (GBR) 123
K Cook (GBR) 114
H Rosowsky (GBR) 242
M Mepstead (GBR) 185

Italy – Effectively their B team but still better ranked than our guys
A Foconi (ITA) 25
L Simoncelli (ITA) 14
T Lari (ITA) 60
M Minuto (ITA) 72

Our A Team beat China in the L8

GBR 1 – World Ranking 10
L Halsted (GBR) 44
E Jefferies (GBR) 113
J Kenber (GBR) 57
R Kruse (GBR) 22

China – World Ranking 2 (3 of top 4 present)
J Ma (CHN) 12
L Zhang (CHN) 24
J Zhu (CHN) 27
S Lei (CHN) 10

They went on to beat France in the Semis

France – World Ranking 4 – Their A Team
V Sintes (FRA) 3
M Marcilloux (FRA) 26
B Guyart (FRA) 62
E Le Pechoux (FRA) 7

Followed by Russia in the Final

Russia – World Ranking 5 (3 of top 4 present)
D Rigine (RUS) 18
A Khovansky (RUS) 50
R Ganeev (RUS) 63
A Cheremisinov (RUS) 9

This is the first time our foilists have proved to the PM that they have what it takes to medal at the top level. Beating the World ranked numbers 2,4 and 5 teams in consecutive matches is a great result. A lot of these fencers will be in the ExCeL again next August and GBR have put down a marker. Well done.

Gutted I didn’t stay down for today!

Anarch
-27th November 2011, 18:52
Gutted I didn’t stay down for today!

I almost wish I'd stayed, but was rather tired after catching a 6am train to get there this morning. However the fencing I did see was fabulous, both days. This certainly wasn't a weak event by any standard, it was amazing to watch!

hokers
-27th November 2011, 19:57
Anyone got video of the event?

Video of RK on the FIE FB page, looking full of belief and confidence, you have to watch it, it's great to see.
http://www.facebook.com/fie.org

Was it really only a few weeks ago in Catania that they capitulated against Germany? Is this really the same team, shooting down top 10 fencers consecutively? Long may it continue.

fencingmaster
-28th November 2011, 09:08
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/fencing/15904573.stm

Danum
-28th November 2011, 09:08
I was a volunteer for this event and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I worked with a great team over the weekend and never heard a grumble from them about anything. We did a variety of jobs from interviewing volunteers to litter picking, from chasing paperwork to giving out meal tickets. Just one request - an Olympic issue Segway please- we all walked miles!!!:D

J_D
-28th November 2011, 11:32
Danum,

I second that! My only regret for the weekend was knowing that if I stayed for the final I would have been too tired to drive home. Great weekend, great experience, great team and it wass an honour to be part of the vets group who fought a L16 tournament on the Friday.

JD

d_f_a
-28th November 2011, 13:50
It was great fun being a 'minder' to the fencers; watching them warm up, prepare, compete and cool down.
The only disappointing part was the lack of spectators, the 400 seats were only half full at best. A missed oppertunity.

max
-28th November 2011, 13:59
I missed the fun of being a minder to the fencers as by the time my afternoon shift started we were down to the last 8 who didn't seem to need to warm up. Plus I wasn't on the rota for Sunday so missed our medals. chiz chiz.

A good time overall and I hope to be a bit busier next year.

Skartha
-28th November 2011, 17:17
Le Grauniade has a few photographs as well: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery/2011/nov/28/london-2012-olympic-boxing-in-pictures#/?picture=382480649&index=2

JohnL
-28th November 2011, 21:06
Great Team result.

There were a number of the worlds top 20 there and NO top fencer likes losing to ANYONE.

Well done the team!!!

hokers
-28th November 2011, 21:09
Now that's what I'm talking about.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery/2011/nov/28/london-2012-olympic-boxing-in-pictures#/?picture=382480645&index=5

Barry Paul
-28th November 2011, 21:35
Five things which was very encouraging.
1. The B team nearly beat the Russians in the semi finals.
2. Richard was back on top form getting better and better as the weekend went on. In the last fight a position he has been recently reluctant to forefill he was masterful.
3. Ed Jefferies, who had sat on the bench all day, was thrown in second last fight of the day fencer with controlled aggression and determination and won against a world rank 18 fencer 5/2.
4. Kenber seems to get better and better with a display of intelligent controlled fencing with penetration attacks with disengages which were a pleasure to watch.
5. Halsted was back to his old form sporadically but seemed to slump in the final match.
A good start to a Olympic season.

Barry Paul
-28th November 2011, 21:40
I forgot to mention, our new latest technology RGB repeater horse shoe floor and under piste LED light looked great and performed faultlessly, even surviving a kicking from J Davis. (Not quite an achievement as would have been a year ago as he has lost 4 stones)

Danum
-28th November 2011, 22:12
Thought he was looking slimmer. Do you think he could give me his secret? Joking apart it was a great weekend.

Goodwood
-29th November 2011, 06:56
Quite agree it was a great weekend and a fantastic result for GB.
Having a commentator that is both clear and indeed informative is a real bonus, really enjoyed the whole experience.

Anarch
-29th November 2011, 08:13
Also James Davis's L32 fight in the individual was encouraging. He brought it back, could have won, but looked like he tensed up for the last two hits. Hopefully next time he'll have learnt and manage to close it out.

JackSparrow
-29th November 2011, 08:29
Alex Newton's thoughts on the result:
http://www1.skysports.com/olympics/story/21847/7338979

Barry Paul
-29th November 2011, 08:43
I noticed that Richard kruse mentioned the help of the home crowd and support. I am therefore not surprised to hear a rumour (so it must be true) that the performance director Alex Newton although please with the progress of the fencers considers that we need a performance plan and training for crowd support. Some or the older fencers Nick Bell, Graham Paul and myself after our weekends trials have already been approved as green flagged and have been excused the training, but the rest will be expected to attend some week end training camps.

So next year at the Olympics I am expecting some louder, more unrestrained(less reserved) cheering for the home fencers. http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.pnghttp://www.fencingforum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.pnghttp://www.fencingforum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.pnghttp://www.fencingforum.com/forum/images/smilies/whistle.gif

TomA
-29th November 2011, 08:53
Britih Fencing announces new WCPP cheerleading squad!?

JackSparrow
-29th November 2011, 09:09

As long as I don't have to relocate to London

Lefty Foilist
-29th November 2011, 09:10

Judging from the cheerleading capacity of Leicester Uni's fencers at our local championship on Sunday (and just about every BUCS match this season), we'd be up for that!

hokers
-29th November 2011, 09:46
Alex Newton's thoughts on the result:
http://www1.skysports.com/olympics/story/21847/7338979

While I note that this is a big result for Alex Newton, is anyone else getting a bit annoyed that the only time we seem to hear anything from her is via the press? There isn't even anything along these lines in the news section on the BF site.

Gav
-29th November 2011, 10:27
While I note that this is a big result for Alex Newton, is anyone else getting a bit annoyed that the only time we seem to hear anything from her is via the press? There isn't even anything along these lines in the news section on the BF site.

If could can find anything you want...

Gav
-29th November 2011, 10:27
Some nice pictures in the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery/2011/nov/28/london-2012-olympic-boxing-in-pictures?fb=native#/?picture=382480647&index=0

hokers
-29th November 2011, 10:37
If could can find anything you want...

Huh? Did you accidentally a word?

Gav
-29th November 2011, 10:38
Huh? Did you accidentally a word?

Oops yes.

What I meant was, in response to your complaint, "If you can find anything you want..."

I can never find the articles or information I want so I don't look at it for news.

Barry Paul
-29th November 2011, 11:23
see http://www1.skysports.com/olympics/video/21660/7338958/ great reviews of olympic set up.

Clare Halsted
-29th November 2011, 22:19
A big thank you to Alex, foil coaches Ziemek and Maciej and the team at the EIS who have all been working incredibly hard over the last few months to support the foil squads. And thanks - fencers - for your dedication to training and the exciting outcome on Sunday.

thedoc
-30th November 2011, 20:35
Clearly the break through is due to novel coaching methods by Ziemek: wrestling Richard as a warm-up...

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/head-coach-ziemek-wojiechowski-and-richard-kruse-celebrate-news-photo/134163572

Hungry Hippo
-1st December 2011, 07:35
see http://www1.skysports.com/olympics/video/21660/7338958/ great reviews of olympic set up.

Good to see some interviews although perhaps some of those boys good do with a little media training on how to be interviewed. Anna was pretty good, although Natalia (who's not known for being verbose) probably got it best by saying just enough! But the boys......

fencingmaster
-1st December 2011, 16:54
we need a performance plan and training for crowd support.
Well, Barry, another commercial opportunity..... you could brand these for sale by BF...!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela

swordmaster
-2nd December 2011, 11:44
Apparently Weapon Control was absolutely brutal - new blades failing x-ray tests, all the wireless t-shirts failing, lames failing because the name print was too dark, etc.
Not brutal - we are there to ensure that everyone taking part is safe and adheres to the rules. Blades were checked using FIE approved Eddy Current checks - this ensures that any blade that has a likelyhood to brake in a potentially fatal way (to either fencer) is not used during the competition. The T-Shirts are part of the electrical system and as such require to be within certain resitance ranges - this is needed so that the scoring works, it's as simple as that. There were no equipment problems or injuries at the event so weapon control did it's job. Regarding the lame jackets and naming it's in the rule book.

riposteinprime
-2nd December 2011, 12:46
No There were no equipment problems or injuries at the event so weapon control did it's job. Regarding the lame jackets and naming it's in the rule book.

“Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is working like a charm!”

Duncan Rowlands
-2nd December 2011, 18:04
Not brutal - we are there to ensure that everyone taking part is safe and adheres to the rules. Blades were checked using FIE approved Eddy Current checks - this ensures that any blade that has a likelyhood to brake in a potentially fatal way (to either fencer) is not used during the competition. The T-Shirts are part of the electrical system and as such require to be within certain resitance ranges - this is needed so that the scoring works, it's as simple as that. There were no equipment problems or injuries at the event so weapon control did it's job. Regarding the lame jackets and naming it's in the rule book.

I'm not sure how the naming on a jacket can fail for being too dark. Rule m.25.3.h states;
" ... The letters must be in dark blue, in capitals, ..."

I can understand the naming failing for being too light / faded, but too dark???

munkey
-2nd December 2011, 21:56

Don't be so defensive, Swordmaster. From a fencer or coach point of view, you want Weapon Control to be an entirely pain-free minor diversion before the fencing. The issues I highlighted were things that are never tested for elsewhere. Hence my comment. I do appreciate that it IS a test event for the Olympics so standards will be higher than anywhere else. And that's fine.

"Potentially fatal"? A little over-dramatic perhaps. I was at a competition for under 10s and under 12s at the same time the test event was on. No weapon control at that and certainly no Eddy Current (who's he?) test yet, amazingly, nobody died.

munkey
-2nd December 2011, 22:11
tried to edit the last post but too slow.

I also wonder about the "likelyhood to brake in a potentially fatal way". How likely? High? Medium? Low? Virtually non-existent?

And "potentially fatal (to either fencer)". Really?!?!? I think we are all aware of fatalities in our sport (almost all of them long before the advent of 1600n masks and 800n jackets, underplastrons and maraging blades) but only ever where the fencer has been hit by a broken blade held by an opponent, surely! I'm struggling to think how I could fatally injure myself with a broken blade in my hand. It's possible I suppose but would require some real ingenuity.

Regards

Munkey

Red
-3rd December 2011, 10:14
While we're on weapon check... Why was an Italian fencer allowed to fence in the old style Adidas socks with the massive stripes?
Why was the Adidas logo on some of the jackets/breeches covered up but stripes and swooshes on shoes left for the world to see? I'm guessing that such logos will be allowed in the summer so I'm failing to see why they were covered up this time.

I love the rules on logos etc in the venue. No sponsor logos at all... except Omega...

Vicomte_de_Bragelonne
-11th December 2011, 22:53
i understand that. But 7th in the rankings for rhys? 65th for Rosowsky?

Cook - justified
Mepstead - justified
Davis - justified
Rosowsky - Isnt, not really
Melia - should be justified

Even if Melia and Rosowsky wasnt thought of for this event, other people like peggs, fitzgerald should have that chance. No disrespect to the fencers mentioned they are all top athletes. But as you said before, one result in the last 11months like rosowsky which was 10th at the leonpaul cup and then you have rhys and other people above rosowsky that have done more competitions that they have had points from. Obviously the people above rosowsky are on better form, if rosowsky had done more competitions or at the competitions he had fenced in had the results to back up the selection then thats fine.

there was the small matter of 6th place for Rosowsky at the World Student Games losing to Lei, world top ten, in L8. 1st place in the top 2 UK competitions in consecutive weeks tells you who the form fencer is. I suspect the rankings will reflect more accurately next time out!

http://www.twitpic.com/6gyvym

valentino46
-12th December 2011, 08:40
Yes Rosowsky did get a L8 at the world student games but thats one result, granted that Mr. Rosowsky is on brilliant form now but before the selection for this event he only had one ranked result from the events he had done + the L8 at the world student games, if these results recently were before this event or near to this event then id understand why he was selected but how would you know from one result that rosowsky was on the form hes on? But these results recently do justify why he was selected.

munkey
-14th December 2011, 22:25
Yes Rosowsky did get a L8 at the world student games but thats one result, granted that Mr. Rosowsky is on brilliant form now but before the selection for this event he only had one ranked result from the events he had done + the L8 at the world student games, if these results recently were before this event or near to this event then id understand why he was selected but how would you know from one result that rosowsky was on the form hes on? But these results recently do justify why he was selected.

Last season was Husayn's last as a Junior so have a look at his excellent junior results to see why he was selected and is considered a star of the (near) future by many good judges (and me:tongue:).

Foilling Around
-14th December 2011, 23:18
Husayn has always had the talent to compete with the best in the world. The question has always been whether he would eventually get his temperament right. And I am saying nothing here I have not said to him directly even at breakfast after he went out at the cadet worlds in Turkey in 2007.

I am delighted that he seems to be doing so in this his first Senior year. Ziemek obviously also sees the talent and if you are looking for medal prospects in 2016 and 2020 you have to take a gamble on talent.