PDA

View Full Version : in general

James
-6th May 2003, 19:02
right
i've finally got myself registered and logged on
had a few problems
(dont laugh im normally not half bad with computers)
i havent been fencing long
and i'd really like to know what the comps are like
im thinking of attending the inverclyde one
are there different grades for different levels of fencers
or am i just going to have to play with the big boys?
hope you all enjoyed my first post
and opologise for not putting it in the new member introductions

James

srb
-6th May 2003, 19:51
James,

Have a look on the BFA website and follow the links - Rankings - then Positions with results and it will give you the current national rankings, with the individual results in various competitions. Have a look at the competitions listing.

In foil they all have an 'N' number. The bigger this number the more points can be gained at the competition, so the harder it is. The foil address is www.foilcommittee.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rankings/men_sen_rank/htm

Otherwise, a rule of thumb could be if Sussex House, and Salle Paul are fencing, its hard, if they are not, its not.

Don't know about the Inverclyde though, that sounds north of Hampshire?

srb

James
-6th May 2003, 19:59
just a "bit" north of hampshire
its up glasgow way

thanks for the information
however im fencing epee
i had a few matches and was told i was a natural
Yay!
but im sure i kind find links through to the epee side of things

thanks
james

srb
-6th May 2003, 20:03
James,

Try

www.btinternet.com/~fencing/

Otherwise follow the relevant links

That overweight proddy stick thing is all a bit confusing to me, so I could comment about the standard of the competitions.

srb

PM1
-6th May 2003, 22:43
Welcome JAmes, and don't take no truck from the pointy stick brigade!! Follow the bfa site link into rankings, and depending on how old you are - cadet, <20, senior, the guff is all there and kept briliantly up to date by Rodney Francis. If you are a cadet, there is a list of ranking comps, including LP comps. And the season has just begun. Tell us yer relevant group, and we'll guide you thru the best comps to start with. We're all buds here!!:party: :party:

Gav
-7th May 2003, 08:41
srb: Inverclyde is in Scotland - just a wee bit north of Hapshire.

James: Inverclyde is a good fun tournament. There's lots going on and this year there appears to be a lot of interest. Don't forget that it's helf in Largs so you can also go and get some world famouse Nardini ice cream!

Incidentally there's a whole set of threads about Inverclyde. Have a look and read 'em.

you can find out more at:

http://www.inverclydeopen.co.uk/

Check out the entries.

At inverclyde you'll meet a wide range of people of differing fencing abilities.

James
-7th May 2003, 09:49
brilliant
thank you
i live in scotland and would be trying to avoid traveling too far

James