PDA

View Full Version : Selection Rules Survey

Stormtrooper
-30th December 2011, 11:06
The BVF Committee have now circulated the Selection Rules Survey. To date a small proportion of the membership have replied to the survey. I urge every member of BVF to take a few minutes to complete and return the survey. It is your chance to make your opinions known.

Best wishes for a Healthy and Wealthy 2012.

PLS-F
-30th December 2011, 13:41
Done

nickos
-30th December 2011, 16:02
What is the difference between these two options:

The selected team for the European Team Championships currently comprises three fencers plus a travelling reserve. Should four fencers be selected with no specified reserve?

Does the reserve only fence if one of the team members has to withdraw due to injury etc?

As the combined age of the team of three must be >= 150 you would need a reserve/4th fencer at the higher end of the age range.

marg
-30th December 2011, 20:03
I admit I have not yet filled in the survey yet but will be.
If lots of people do not bother to complete it will it be assumed they are happy with no change?

Saxon
-31st December 2011, 02:22
Not received.
Not surprised.

PLS-F
-31st December 2011, 07:12
www.veterans-fencing.co.uk/nva-selection-survey.shtml

Stormtrooper
-31st December 2011, 08:44
What is the difference between these two options:

The selected team for the European Team Championships currently comprises three fencers plus a travelling reserve. Should four fencers be selected with no specified reserve?

Does the reserve only fence if one of the team members has to withdraw due to injury etc?

As the combined age of the team of three must be >= 150 you would need a reserve/4th fencer at the higher end of the age range.

In the past when I have been team captain I have always fenced the three selected fencers to fence at the start of the competition and used the reserve in the event of injury or if one of the selected fencers was not fencing well. It is, as always the responsibility of the team captain to field the strongest team for each match. It may be that the dynamics of the team have to be changed to insure victory over an opposing team. In my opinion the reserve is ALWAYS regarded as one of the team to be used as required. Depending on the dynamics of the team the 4th fencer may or may not be required to be in the higher age range.

nickos
-31st December 2011, 18:07
In the past when I have been team captain I have always fenced the three selected fencers to fence at the start of the competition and used the reserve in the event of injury or if one of the selected fencers was not fencing well. It is, as always the responsibility of the team captain to field the strongest team for each match. It may be that the dynamics of the team have to be changed to insure victory over an opposing team. In my opinion the reserve is ALWAYS regarded as one of the team to be used as required. Depending on the dynamics of the team the 4th fencer may or may not be required to be in the higher age range.

Thank you Stormtrooper.

So responding either Yes or No to the following question would appear to be the same difference.

"The selected team for the European Team Championships currently comprises three fencers plus a travelling reserve. Should four fencers be selected with no specified reserve?"

I have completed the survey.

MisterBurns
-6th January 2012, 00:35
Not received.
Not surprised.

You would only receive the survey if you are a member of British Veterans Fencing.

Saxon
-6th January 2012, 13:52
Words fail me.

MisterBurns
-7th January 2012, 12:55
Words fail me.
Please send your name and email address to me at BVF@jrmason.demon.co.uk and I can then investigate why you have not received notice of the survey.