PDA

View Full Version : London 2012 Fencing Tickets Available for British Fencing Members

British Fencing
-19th January 2012, 15:42
LONDON 2012 FENCING TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR BRITISH FENCING MEMBERS

More than 3,000 tickets to be made available to members by ballot

British Fencing are happy to announce the availability of more than 3,000 tickets in all price classifications to be made available to members for London 2012 Fencing events.

Tickets will be distributed by ballot, allowing all members with full membership effective 15th February 2012 to apply in the first round of ticketing, and other members to apply in any remaining rounds of ticketing.

Additional tickets will be available for British Fencing volunteers, staff, athletes, guests, sponsors and working staff at the Olympic venue.

The British Fencing website will soon launch an application portal for members to register their interest, and a payment system for online payment.

The balloting system will operate as follows:

• Members by ballot
– Must be full member effective 15th February 2012 to apply
– Must be full member on date of event
– Applications accepted up to two tickets per member
– Tickets sold at face value + shipping
– Successful applicants must pay the full amount for their tickets within a specified time period

• Second round ballot
– In the event that tickets remain after the first round of ticketing, all BF members may then apply for up to two tickets per member
– The same rules will apply

• Overflow tickets
– In the event that not all tickets, including volunteer, staff, athlete, sponsor, guest and working staff tickets are utilized, those tickets will be made available on or near the event date
– Interested members will be able to subscribe to an email list that will give daily updates on last-minute ticket availability
– Tickets must be paid for on successful application

• Volunteer tickets
– Volunteers who give their time during the year to British Fencing will be able to apply through their appropriate committee structure on a ticket available basis

British Fencing will be providing additional information through the ticketing portal in the coming weeks, but in order to apply you must be a full member as of 15th February 2012!

Touchι Turtle
-20th January 2012, 09:29
Does the term 'full member' include those with U20 membership? Even if they are U18?

British Fencing
-20th January 2012, 10:03
Full and Under 20 memberships are eligible for the first round of balloting. All other membership types are eligible from the second round.

Gav
-20th January 2012, 10:42
OOOOH.

I didn't get any through the regular channel... I'll have to make sure I put in for this!

max
-20th January 2012, 13:34
How can Olympic volunteers register an interest in tickets for particular events when we don't know our shift patterns?

BigPappaBear
-20th January 2012, 14:40
Hmmm why couldn't this have been done a year ago, so people could book the best priced accomadation and travel.

Think I'll stay up north and watch all the foreigners on iPlayer...

J4G
-20th January 2012, 14:53
Hmmm why couldn't this have been done a year ago, so people could book the best priced accomadation and travel.

Think I'll stay up north and watch all the foreigners on iPlayer...

There are still 6.5 months until the events, that's plenty of time to book travel and accommodation at a cheaper rate if you decide to go for it. Having been at the test event, I can tell you that making the effort to go and see is definitely worth it.

It could be worse, you could have no chance of getting any tickets. At least the BFA have managed to guarantee Olympic Fencing tickets for fencers, I am extremely grateful as I didn't get any and I'm sure many others didn't either.

Highlander
-20th January 2012, 14:57
Its ok for anyone who lives in London.....
perhaps the board should have thought more about people in the rest of the country

However they have done a good thing in securing tickets just for us fencers.
not sure how many other govening bodies have done the same if any.

D'Artignan
-20th January 2012, 15:56
Its ok for anyone who lives in London.....
perhaps the board should have thought more about people in the rest of the country
How can you possibly blame the board for the LOGOC wanting to host the Games in erm, London? Am I missing something? :confused:

RIchardn
-20th January 2012, 17:28
How can you possibly blame the board for the LOGOC wanting to host the Games in erm, London? Am I missing something? :confused:

Absolutely :-)

Tubby
-20th January 2012, 18:33

Think I'll stay up north and watch all the foreigners on iPlayer...Most hotels in the big smoke did not release rooms for booking for the Olympic period until July / August 2011.

Road_of_Sheep
-20th January 2012, 19:01
This is brilliant news - well done BF/LOCOG. This is GB at its best in organising a major event.

We want to go to ME.

Please, please, please give us someone to cheer for.

It's amazing what home advantage can do in a tight sport where anyone can win on their day!!!

Highlander
-21st January 2012, 05:52
Yes you are! And you must be
My post just pointed out the obvious point that
the must of known about these tickets ages ago and could have organised the ballot sooner
To give people from far outside London the opportunity to book accommodation at a more favourable time.

Baldric
-21st January 2012, 16:21
the must of known about these tickets ages ago and could have organised the ballot sooner
To give people from far outside London the opportunity to book accommodation at a more favourable time.

Highlander, you really are just about the grumpiest person I have ever come across! :)

Is there anything in life that you can't see the dark side of, and preferably blame the board of British Fencing for?

D'Artignan
-21st January 2012, 17:46
To give people from far outside London the opportunity to book accommodation at a more favourable time.Oh, ffs...

Anyone got a good facepalm image to insert here for me? :helpbanne

Highlander
-21st January 2012, 17:56
Highlander, you really are just about the grumpiest person I have ever come across! :)

Is there anything in life that you can't see the dark side of, and preferably blame the board of British Fencing for?

I'm actually quite an optimistic person

But if we are to take what we are given without question,or debate we won't get very far.

One of the things thats so good about our new board, is that the are not frightened to change/improve, tweek or learn from previous experiences.

Previous boards have been insular and unable to change any or their policies,even when it was obvious that they were not working.

Part of my post was indeed praising the BFA board.
so perhaps it is you thsat only sees the negative!

So in short Balders, I will continue to praise or criticise where i see appropriate and will do so on merit and taking every new instance as a seperate issue.

I have no gripe with the board of British fencing.
British fencing is in by far a better state than I have ever seen it before. That is due to the current regime and they should be applauded for what they have done.
however I will not be a Seal clapping at everything they do without thought.

Tubby
-29th January 2012, 18:17
Apparently more rooms now available

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16780962

British Fencing
-15th February 2012, 20:38
Applications for London 2012 Fencing tickets are now being accepted at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/olympictickets

Applications will be accepted between 15th February 2012 through 15th March 2012. Notification will be made by the 1st April 2012 and tickets must be paid for in full no later than the 6th April 2012.

* The balloting system will operate as follows:

• Members by ballot
– Must be full adult or U20 member effective 15th February 2012 to apply
– Must be full member on date of event
– Applications accepted up to two tickets per member
– Tickets sold at face value + shipping
– Successful applicants must pay the full amount for their tickets within a specified time period
• Second round ballot
– In the event that tickets remain after the first round of ticketing, all BF members may then apply for up to two tickets per member
– The same rules will apply
• Overflow tickets
– In the event that not all tickets, including volunteer, staff, athlete, sponsor, guest and working staff tickets are utilized, those tickets will be made available on or near the event date
– Interested members will be able to subscribe to an email list that will give daily updates on last-minute ticket availability
– Tickets must be paid for on successful application
• Volunteer tickets
– Volunteers who give their time during the year to British Fencing will be able to apply through their appropriate committee structure on a ticket available basis

In order to apply you must be a full member as of 15th February 2012!

miraberis
-16th February 2012, 10:36
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm still a little confused by the wording here.

"You may apply for as many events as you wish up to two tickets, but you can only select one event per application, and can only apply one time per event."

This suggests you have to make a separate application for each event... doesn't it?
But I just completed the survey/application thing once selecting the three events I want to see (ME, WE, WTE) all in one go.
It didn't give me an error or anything.
Did other people do the same as me rather than going through the whole thing multiple times?
Just want to make sure it all goes through nicely so I have a decent chance of getting the tickets!

British Fencing
-16th February 2012, 12:28
There should only be the possibility for one selection (this will be fixed), and other applications should be made separately for each event. If you have submitted multiple entries, please DM me or email head office with your name so we can flag your application and keep it from being rejected!

Barry Paul
-16th February 2012, 12:31
I agree with miraberis, can some one explain how this works? I would like tickets for as many finals as I am lucky enough to get in the ballot. The website allows me to click on two tickets for every final in one visit to the site? What happens if I do this? Do I have to enter the site 6 times only clicking on each different final for two tickets?

British Fencing
-16th February 2012, 12:52
Again, as it says in the guidelines, one application per member per event, each application must be separate for each event:

"You may apply for as many events as you wish up to two tickets, but you can only select one event per application, and can only apply one time per event."

If you want to apply for six different events, you need to apply six different times.

excalibur
-16th February 2012, 13:50
Hi
Just filled in the application form, before reading all the posts.
I have applied for more than one event on one application. In my defence it didn't stop me or say I couldn't !!!
Is it possible to undo this?

British Fencing
-16th February 2012, 14:55
as noted above, please email head office with your details and we will note you application, we are also going through the ones received so far and removing the multiple choice option.

miraberis
-16th February 2012, 19:48
Thanks for the info - will e-mail.
(This really shouldn't be so much hassle, both for us lot and for BF staff!)

27ab1c
-17th February 2012, 09:05
I have applied once. When I try to apply for a second event, the link takes me to the Survey Monkey home page, not to to the BF application page. :(

British Fencing
-17th February 2012, 13:26
You should automatically be taken back to the application link. I will check into it, but this link will work for everyone:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/olympicticket2012

British Fencing
-6th March 2012, 20:03
Just a reminder that the first round ballot for Olympic fencing tickets - for full adult and U20 members ends on 15 March. On that day ALL British Fencing members can apply for tickets under the same guidelines. We will send out a link reminder to all members on that day.