PDA

View Full Version : Does Leon Paul's rubber piste conduct?

Epeecurean
-5th March 2004, 08:35
Question for Barry @ Leon Paul,

Is this the same type of pistes they were using at the Slough Open? It was quite comfortable to fence on, not slippery at all, and was grounded. If this is the same piste, it's considerably cheaper than any metallic pistes and I would think in the price range of a lot of clubs. Also, how durable are they? Would one missed epee toe touch put a hole in it?

Cheers,
Epeecurean

http://www.leonpaul.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Competition_Pistes_53.html

Piste rubber 0.7 mtrs. x 11 mtrs. x 4.5mm (42 kilos)(Reference P80)
Rubber pistes provide extra grip on slippery surfaces and act as a shock absorber to help preven knee and ankle damage.

Price: 144.07 / $266.53 169.28 / $313.17 Including VAT at 17.5% (VAT will automatically be removed for orders outside the EU)

Gav
-5th March 2004, 08:50
I believe that these are standard rubber pistes.

3 Card Trick
-5th March 2004, 11:18
These are a new product being tested, they are not the same as the ordinary rubber pistes referred to in the first post.

Epeecurean
-5th March 2004, 14:10
So the Slough Open pistes were prototypes then? Who is developing them? They felt great to fence on -- very good grip and no buckling.

doobarz
-5th March 2004, 14:35
I recall some rubber pistes at Birmingham last year - very light to carry, as epeecurean says, no buckling. Haven't seen any since.

pinkelephant
-5th March 2004, 16:08
The ones at Slough were the same ones which were used at Birmingham, and at the London Open Epee (Miller Hallet). They are yet another Leon Paul development.

PM1
-12th March 2004, 23:14
...and is it the piste that was at the PSC??

PKT
-14th March 2004, 05:24
why are you people referring this product as a rubber piste when the first sentence of the product descriptionis:
Piste phosphor bronze 1.55 mtrs. x 18 mtrs(Reference P92)
These phosphor bronse pistes are made with unique plastic coated edges.
it is made of phosphor bronze, the rubber only goes on the edge; or has LP changed its description since you first read that?

PK

uk_45
-14th March 2004, 11:22
No at the top of the page is the bronze piste Ref P92 but if you scroll down you'll find the rubber piste we are talking about Ref P80

PKT
-14th March 2004, 18:09
Ah so! my oversight.
does anyone have a good foto of said piste?

PK

Epeecurean
-14th March 2004, 19:08
Originally posted by PKT
Ah so! my oversight.
does anyone have a good foto of said piste?

PK

Hi PK,

Keep in mind there are two pistes under discussion, the standard non-conductive rubber piste which is being sold now (Ref P80), and a new rubber piste being tested with conducts electricity and can be grounded. This one isn't being sold yet.

Cheers,
Epeecurean

PKT
-14th March 2004, 19:10
Originally posted by Epeecurean
Hi PK,

Keep in mind there are two pistes under discussion, the standard non-conductive rubber piste which is being sold now (Ref P80), and a new rubber piste being tested with conducts electricity and can be grounded. This one isn't being sold yet.

Cheers,
Epeecurean

do you work for LP?
or are you just another accidental salesman for LP? :grin:

PK