PDA

View Full Version : Fencing camps in mainland Europe

WilhelmSchnotz
-24th February 2012, 11:50
Hey guys one of the reasons I joined the forum was so I cold ask you guys if you knew of any fencing camps (épée) for 14 year olds during the summer in Spain, France (not nouvelle) or Hungary. Thanks. :)
P.s. I don't mind other countries it's just I speak French and Spanish and am trying to learn Hungarian.

Peter Pan
-24th February 2012, 12:58
....... if you knew of any fencing camps (épée) for 14 year olds during the summer in Spain, France (not nouvelle) or Hungary. Thanks. :)

Solti Camp in Szombathely:

"Period: August 3rd - 12th 2012. MODIFICATION !!!
Place: Puskás Tivadar Fém- és Villamosipari Szakképző Iskola
Berzsenyi Dániel Kollégiuma, 9700 Szombathely, Ady tér 2.
Tel.: + 36-94-312198
Participation: Fencers from Hungary and about 15 other countries.
Price: 350,- EURO"

Daughter went twice and loved it!

WilhelmSchnotz
-24th February 2012, 13:42
What sort of level of fencing is It?

Peter Pan
-24th February 2012, 13:55
What sort of level of fencing is It?

Wide range, up to top European cadets & juniors + a few Americans - typical age around 15 - 16 with a few adults as well.
A big camp with over 500 fencers - seems to be something for everyone.

you can take the core coaching and sparring but there are also many individual coaches who will provide as many 1-to-1 lessons as you want (paid extra). Several top coaches are there

WilhelmSchnotz
-24th February 2012, 14:48
Thanks a lot this really helps :D

Foilling Around
-25th February 2012, 09:40
Be prepared for VERY basic pre1970s style hostel accommodation and the least nutritionally balanced diet ever experienced, but the fencing is great for that age group.

I would not recommend sending a youngster on their own. If that is what you want then I would go for one of the camps run by Team Melia or Salle Kiss which are also in Hungary but run by British based clubs and have mostly British and Hungarian fencers.

The overall cost for the fencers is more but for Szombathely you really need to have an adult present in my opinion and so the total cost does up.