PDA

View Full Version : Weak ankles

agentcheesecake
-19th March 2012, 09:36
Morning all!

Slightly odd question today. I sprained my ankle again on Thursday night, and it's starting to become a regular occurrence on both ankles. Apart from the obvious pain and inconvenience, I also have to miss fencing when it happens. It's never happened while fencing though.

So my question is - I've always had weak ankles, but every time I get another sprain it will weaken them more. Do any of you lovely people know of anything I can do to strengthen them?

Thanks!

Mellish
-19th March 2012, 16:34
There's a bunch of physio exercises you can do - tho get a physio to give you specific guidance for your ankles. In addition you could also buy some basketball trainers, the ones that lace up over the ankles. The high lace-up is specifically to provide ankle support. Addidas used to do fencing shoes that laced up over the ankles - and there's other similar out there (but a decent pair of basketball trainers would work fine):

http://www.absolutefencinggear.com/shopping/product_info.php/products_id/1096/cPath/19_20?osCsid=1n2u44p4acbp0q9u2lg49v97e1

agentcheesecake
-6th April 2012, 09:37
Thanks Mellish! I'm just about ready to try anything to stop this happening again! I'm losing weight at the moment as well which I'm hoping will help.