PDA

View Full Version : Olympic volunteer shifts

J_D
-25th April 2012, 09:19
Ok, so I've finally got my shifts through for the games!

One oddity is that I've been given a 10 -5 shift on Weds 25th July, before they start, anyone else?

max
-25th April 2012, 09:43
Me too, perhaps it's our venue orientation?

CGRIFF
-25th April 2012, 11:43
I have also had several shifts before the Olympics starts - 7 - in fact and I cannot attend two of them. No idea why we are needed..... Caroline

Australian
-25th April 2012, 12:14
At a guess: initiations and assistance with training areas, weapons control, technical commission, LOCOG and any one of a number of things.

It's not like they roll out the pistes the morning of the event and the competition is run off the lead organiser's laptop.

max
-25th April 2012, 12:47
At a guess: initiations and assistance with training areas, weapons control, technical commission, LOCOG and any one of a number of things.

It's not like they roll out the pistes the morning of the event and the competition is run off the lead organiser's laptop.

I can see that. I have to be there for the 25th but then have 2 days free until Saturday, 28th which is a bit awkward as I've organised accommodation from the Friday. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

purple
-27th April 2012, 12:00

Pfft. Amateurs.

Molineli
-27th April 2012, 13:39
Me to J-D. Not worth going back home for two days. Will have to take in some of the culture for two days. Don't mind the day of in the middle of the following week though.

Molineli
-27th April 2012, 13:46
Me to J-D. Not worth going back home for two days. Will have to take in some of the culture for two days. Don't mind the day off in the middle of the following week though.

Danum
-28th April 2012, 16:05
I seem to have every other day which is a real pain and some 5.45 starts too. Wht couldn't they do my 7 days in a row. A lot of people will, I am sure, withdraw because of extra accommodation cost. I start on 25th too.

J_D
-1st May 2012, 11:56
Having declined the 25th, I start on the 28th, finish on the 5th with the 30th & 4th off. A couple of 6am starts should be interesting!

Anyone else doing the RST on Sunday?

n_freebody
-2nd May 2012, 10:15
Ive asked to swap my afternoon shift on the 5th for a morning one due to having tickets but have yet to hear back from them. J_D I will be at RST on Sunday, probably slightly hungover due to a beer festival the day before :)

purple
-12th May 2012, 13:23
The shift on the 25th appears to be universal, and /appears/ to be venue orientation. I'm bloody well hoping it is, otherwise it'll be another trip down to Nodnol.

pcooper
-13th May 2012, 22:49
Anyone going down from Manchester/Bolton area and want a lift, for a share of fuel? Considering driving.