PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring Posters

Boo Boo
-10th March 2004, 13:20
Is there (or can there be) some function where you can choose to "ignore" a certain poster for thread notifications?

If you use the facility which emails you every time a new posting has been made to a thread that you have subscribed to, you get sent an email... could there be some way to "ignore" certain posters to your subscribed threads (so you don't get sent emails)?

(i.e. Boo Boo posts a load of rubbish on just about every thread imaginable, could there be some way to stop me receiving email EVERY time - FAR too regularly - that she does this...?)

Boo

Rdb811
-10th March 2004, 21:07
"User CP / Edit ignore list" should hide the posts I don't know how it interacts with the mail function. (which I don't use as I was getting 100's of posts a day.

Having said that, tou still get to see that the person has posted, not the content, so it's not much of a feature.

Not having the top ten list and the number of posts visiable would probably be a better step.

Gav
-11th March 2004, 10:14
Yeah, I don't suggest using email functionality for every thread. You just get spammed...

I've only subscribed to a couple of threads in the past and only for short periods of time [while I'm keeping an eye on something]. If people are posting rubbish on a thread that you are interested in then;

Click on their profille,
Look near the bottom their is an option to add them to your ignore list, click on that.

They will be added to your ignore list. There posts will still appear but the content will not be visible. You will have the option to view a post if you want but at least you can just browse past them.

Boo Boo
-11th March 2004, 10:16
Thanks Gav and Roger - that works nicely... :)

Boo(far too easily distracted... ;) )

Rdb811
-11th March 2004, 11:56
Actually it would be useful to see ore than just the last poster on a thread, in case a proper discussion has been mucked up by the usual suspects.

But I suspect that's not built in to the software.

Prometheus
-11th March 2004, 12:19
Maybe this ignoring tedious posters doesn't work?

I mean I can still see RDB11's posts! ;)

and Boo Boo's too :moon:

Boo Boo
-11th March 2004, 12:21
Originally posted by Prometheus
and Boo Boo's too :moon:

:tongue:

Gav
-11th March 2004, 12:29
Originally posted by Rdb811
Actually it would be useful to see ore than just the last poster on a thread, in case a proper discussion has been mucked up by the usual suspects.

But I suspect that's not built in to the software.

Craig at Fencing.net has moved the board onto the next version of VB and you can do this on that. This version doesn't support that.

reposte
-11th March 2004, 19:26
Are you Brits still treading far behind your American cousins...?

Gav
-22nd March 2004, 08:14
Originally posted by reposte
Are you Brits still treading far behind your American cousins...?

cheeky reposte - very cheeky...

uk_45
-22nd March 2004, 16:15
Yes we are though! But at least we can speak english like what its menna be spoke!