PDA

View Full Version : Golubitsky Grip?

gbm
-11th March 2004, 19:38
I was on the Golubitsky web site earlier, and I noticed it said that Leon Paul was going to start selling the 'Golubitsky Grip' this month. Any info?
Also, when is the official release of the new point?
Is it going to be better than German points (since it will have recessed screws, a good long sliding surface, and should have the potential to be really really good and hopefully still reliable?)

reposte
-11th March 2004, 19:44
I wouldn't hold my breath to the new tip - the FIE changed the foil tip definitions and I guess LP would have to re design, no?

rory
-12th March 2004, 07:55
Nope. The new tip goodbadandme is discussing is a new "normal" tip. The FIE regs changes (the Mangiarotti point, which no one is yet producing) are for Junior fencing only, starting next season.

The new LP tip is something Barry Paul mentioned about a month ago, and is presumably on its' way.

reposte
-12th March 2004, 10:26
If I'm not mistaken, the new point will be in effect senior as well sa junior after the Olympics?

Prometheus
-12th March 2004, 10:29
What makes you think that, Reposte?

Barry Paul
-12th March 2004, 12:35
We are making a new Golubitsky handle and hoped it would be out before Easter, but might miss the date by a few weeks.

The new points are now standard on all new maraging blades, so far so good.

My view on the new points is that a trial will be done, problems will occur, flick hits will be found not to be a problem and then the whole matter will be dropped. Barry Paul

reposte
-12th March 2004, 16:35
What makes you think that, Reposte?

Just hanging about, keeping my ears open...

So what's the new grip like, a little info if you would...

Prometheus
-12th March 2004, 18:29
Originally posted by reposte
Just hanging about, keeping my ears open...

Ah, so rumour-mongering and based on no evidence what so ever.

Can we consign this remark to the bin marked 'b*****cks' then?:moon:

Australian
-15th March 2004, 10:46
Originally posted by reposte
If I'm not mistaken, the new point will be in effect senior as well sa junior after the Olympics?

FIE letters and announcements say you are mistaken...

mind you, the tip hasn't even been sent to the manufacturers yet... so i'm doubting it'll be ready in time