PDA

View Full Version : Athletes' Representatives

Boo Boo
-7th May 2003, 10:58
What happened to those?

For anyone who is not aware, a representative for each weapon in the UK was selected/voted in at the beginning of the season.

Since then, I haven't heard anything about it.

Boo

Tech
-7th May 2003, 13:03
Best to check with the representative for your weapon. The representatives are meant to meet regularly and they elect from amongst themselves a fencer to attend Board Meetings, though there is not always a rep. there.

Fencers should keep in touch with the person they elect and ask them to report - say at a competition.;)

kingkenny
-7th May 2003, 13:06
Yet again great organisation.
:grin:

Boo Boo
-7th May 2003, 13:26
Hhhhmmmm, it is a bit "relaxed".

With 6 reps, am surprised that there can't be someone at each board meeting. My guess is the reps should provide feedback to the fencers, rather than need to be asked to provide feedback.

Any idea if this initiative is active in any respect at all in any weapon?

Boo

doobarz
-7th May 2003, 18:18
I believe the WE rep is Jo Beadsworth, and MS is James Williams. MF might be James Beevers, but I'm not really sure. read it in the Sword somewhere I think, a qucik e-mail to the BFA will confirm....

Boo Boo
-7th May 2003, 22:52
Yes, Doobarz, I believe you are right. Women's Foil is Camy and Women's Sabre is Charlotte Brown (although not sure if anyone has taken over from her since she has retired). Have no idea who the Men's Epee Rep is...

Boo

haggis
-8th May 2003, 08:14
ME - Neil Thomas