PDA

View Full Version : Summer Fencing at ULU Fencing Club

Goldilocks
-24th July 2012, 00:23
Are you frustrated with your club's closure over the summer? Would you like an extra place to train so that you're still in form at the start of the season? Well, help is at hand!

At the University of London Union (ULU) Fencing Club we remain open throughout the summer months, however as we are a student club many of our usual fencers are not in London during this period. Therefore, we invite non members from other London clubs to come and train with us, giving them some extra training and also giving our regular members some new people to fence.

We are a friendly club, who believe that enjoying the sport is just as important as doing well at competitions. We have competitive fencers in all three weapons fencing at the club on training nights, and have spare equipment (including electric sabre kit) should any of you need to borrow anything.

We train on Tuesday evening in the Upper Hall on the 3rd floor of the University of London Union, Malet St. WC1E 7HY (opposite Waterstones). Nearest Tube stations are Goodge St, Russel Sq., Euston and Warren St. Training is from 7pm to 10pm, with a social afterwards. Cost is 4 per night.

Please come along, and let your clubmates know about us too!

Hope fully see you there,
Graham Miles
VP
ULU Fencing

Mapk
-7th August 2012, 13:30
See you there

dshevy
-7th August 2012, 13:57
I may be there too!

fa266
-9th August 2012, 09:39
Very much enjoyed the session on Tuesday - thank you to ULU for being so welcoming :D:D

Joe Nickel
-9th August 2012, 12:23
Great session on Tues - three weapons, nice floor, good standard fencing (for sabre at least), welcoming atmosphere. A bargain for four quid!

hokers
-9th August 2012, 13:03
But do they have volleyball as the warmup?

TLove
-9th August 2012, 19:43
Thanks all for coming, and the positive feedback.
We are open to the public every Tuesday until the start of term (except the 21st August).

But do they have volleyball as the warmup?

Bring a ball, I'm sure we can accomodate :P

purple
-12th August 2012, 17:26
Bring a ball, I'm sure we can accomodate :P

Only if it's played in regulation beachwear.
What?

Vallangton
-20th August 2012, 09:38
Just a note, ULU is closed tomorrow (the 21st), but will open again for all on the 28th.