PDA

View Full Version : Parental interference

pinkelephant
-7th May 2003, 10:59
Gold - why are you on this forum during lesson time?:tongue:

wingnutLP
-7th May 2003, 12:46
Doh...

I believe the word for that is CLOCKED!!

How are you gonna get out of that one??

Gold
-7th May 2003, 18:42
Quite simple really i know where she lives... oh and why were you also on during lesson time no one to teach then?;)

wingnutLP
-8th May 2003, 07:46
The plot thickens...

kingkenny
-8th May 2003, 09:20
I wish my teachers had been that understanding.

At least I got the magic hat with the D on and got the best veiw of the whole room from the corner.:grin:

Aoife
-8th May 2003, 12:16
You got a hat!!!! :(

I want a hat!!! :wink:

Not to mention having the best view. Not the silly view from the front row (although that's certainly the best place for heckling)

pinkelephant
-8th May 2003, 12:34
Originally posted by Gold
Quite simple really i know where she lives... oh and why were you also on during lesson time no one to teach then?;)

But teachers have FREE lessons, while pupils (for the next 2 weeks at any rate) have PRIVATE STUDY:moon:

Aoife
-8th May 2003, 19:14
Some people have private study already? For GCSEs? I'm still in lessons (study leave starts on the 16th May, last exam- for me- on the 13th June)

twohappyhippos
-8th May 2003, 21:20
i know, i break up on monday!!! cant wait, but i have a latin exam the next day :( poo!!! mmm i think quite a lot of schools break up tomorrow. had my last ever latin lesson today, spent it eating chocolate and singing songs...oh and watching pearl habour FIT FIT FIT FIT FIT FIT. mmm josh and ben............... hehehe

pinkelephant
-9th May 2003, 03:48
Gold is doing A Levels (allegedly) - hence the Private Study. I'm also his mum, not just a teacher - the poor dear boy can't get away with anything!:grin:

twohappyhippos
-9th May 2003, 07:02
i so know the feeling, having a teacher as a mum!

Mischa
-9th May 2003, 08:10
I go on study leave on the 19th - my first exam is on the 20th. They finish on the 17th June (Physics).

:(

bufc99
-9th May 2003, 09:08
i sympathyse with you gold, i had my dad as a teacher in the same school for 5years and actually teaching me for a-level chemisttry for 2. I'm lucky though that he hasn't got the foggiest about computers so couldn't tell if i was working online whilst on things like this or not.

kingkenny
-9th May 2003, 09:17
Did you get better grades than the others? or was your dad impartial.

Aoife
-9th May 2003, 10:52
I go on study leave on the 19th - my first exam is on the 20th

My first exam is four days before my study leave starts :upset:

randomsabreur
-9th May 2003, 17:13
Glad to see I'm not the only one not revising because I'm here. 1st exam (Law finals) monday. I am in denial - too much work!

bufc99
-9th May 2003, 19:19
I got a C for my Chemistry, only 2 marks off a B, so not too bad. He tried to be impartial but if anything he picked onme more. If he asked a question and someone else said something he'd be 'yes that's true, but......' whereas if I said the same thing i'd just get 'no, it's that AND ......'

I've got rid of him now and am living on the other side fo the country (Birmingham 150miles and 2hrs drive away) from him:grin:

Mongoose
-17th May 2003, 11:05
Gold, I pity you, my parents are not computer literate enough to be on here :)

Moose
-17th May 2003, 15:10
I dont know when my first exam is and tbh dont much care :confused:

PM1
-17th May 2003, 22:18
Poor randomsabreur - how's it going?? been there, done that, and still wondering why........;) ;)

randomsabreur
-21st May 2003, 16:55
Nearly finished.

Will go better if I stop denying reality and go to the dreaded main library (horrible place, law library is much nicer and usually the right temperature) and try to find a couple of useful articles on the resistance in France. Silly having to do a French history type module in a law degree damn it.

I feel sorry for whoever has to mark our scripts. By the end it must be deja vu all over again as there are only so many answers in the revision books we all have :sleep:

I could never do it. I'd either be asleep in minutes, or I'd give the best marks to the most amusing wrong answer!

Neo
-21st May 2003, 18:11
try the union instead :D

Rdb811
-21st May 2003, 21:32
Originally posted by randomsabreur

I could never do it. I'd either be asleep in minutes, or I'd give the best marks to the most amusing wrong answer!

Friends of mine usually read out the worst bits to their mates.

Moose
-22nd May 2003, 06:29
You have to give marks for comedy value :)

randomsabreur
-22nd May 2003, 13:02
Just been to the guild (=union) I am such a lightweight. 1 pint and I can't walk

Exams finished, now over to the markers!

Neo
-22nd May 2003, 17:18
get then pissed too and see what marks they come up with :grin:

PM1
-22nd May 2003, 19:23
well done, randomsabreur: a good kip, a greasy fry up/kebab, and you're off to celebrate;) ;) Enjoy. Until the results.....eeeek!!

Moose
-22nd May 2003, 21:04
Hmmmmm, maybe not the kebab tho, eh? :)_