PDA

View Full Version : British Championships

Keith.A.Smith
-17th March 2004, 21:13
Dear All,

The entry form for the British Championhips at RAF Cosford is on the BFA web page. Individuals on 10th July and teams on the 11th July.

Enter in good time as entries are limited.

If anyone can offer to help on either day please let me know.

Keith

Australian
-18th March 2004, 12:08
Originally posted by Keith.A.Smith
Dear All,

The entry form for the British Championhips at RAF Cosford is on the BFA web page. Individuals on 10th July and teams on the 11th July.

Enter in good time as entries are limited.

If anyone can offer to help on either day please let me know.

Keith

i can referee both days

assuming i can't fence since i'm not a citizen....

Marky Irish
-18th March 2004, 16:03
what actually are the eligibility rules?

is it just holding a british passport?

Epeecurean
-18th March 2004, 16:16
If you hold a British passport I think that by definition you are a British citizen, no?

Unless you have some sort of special passport like they issued in Hong Kong before the handover to China (I think).

Australian
-18th March 2004, 19:33
as far as i know you need to be a british citizen to compete in the individual event....

if anyone knows any sort of workaround feel free to give me a call ;) ;)

Prometheus
-19th March 2004, 00:09
Originally posted by Australian
as far as i know you need to be a british citizen to compete in the individual event....

if anyone knows any sort of workaround feel free to give me a call ;) ;)

Phone HG Wells and ask to borrow his time machine. Go back 200 years and convince your ancestor not to emigrate (assuming he was a Brit of course). Other than that you're scuppered, cobber.

Perhaps you could help lay out pistes or something? ;)

Prometheus (anti-antipodean? No, of course not - some of my best friends are upside down :) )

tigger
-19th March 2004, 08:26
quote - Phone HG Wells and ask to borrow his time machine. Go back 200 years and convince your ancestor not to emigrate (assuming he was a Brit of course). Other than that you're scuppered, cobber.

Of course there's a strong chance his ancestors didn't have much choice in whether they emigrated or not - unless those manacles were purely decorative :grin:

PSn If you want to know how sad I really am, I've entered the nationals already...it's just that normally I forget til the last minute and then panic:eek:

Boo Boo
-19th March 2004, 08:47
Originally posted by Australian
i can referee both days

assuming i can't fence since i'm not a citizen....

If you end up refereeing, you will be really appreciated.

With so much going on at once, they could always use more, competent referees.

Boo