PDA

View Full Version : On TV?

Jenrick
-19th March 2004, 00:03
Does anyone know if the Olympic fencing will be on TV? I presume not on BBC/ITV. Maybe I'm wrong

Rdb811
-19th March 2004, 00:08
It was one of two sports the Beeb didn't take a commentator for last time and didn't show.

Weight lifting is very exciting and free of drugs and has lots of Brits taking part.

Prometheus
-19th March 2004, 00:12
They usually show it on Eurosport - with our favourite commentator.

uk_45
-19th March 2004, 18:04
Was that some sarcasm there.

Lets get it on the BBC every one email them telling them that we feel it is a important part of the true olympics and they should continue that tradtion be covering it!

Jenrick
-19th March 2004, 21:49
Sounds good, Maybe we should all bombard bbc and itv to show it. Once I find an e-mail address to send it to I'll post it here.

Australian
-20th March 2004, 10:07
Originally posted by Jenrick
Sounds good, Maybe we should all bombard bbc and itv to show it. Once I find an e-mail address to send it to I'll post it here.

please do

hayleyjade
-20th March 2004, 14:25
yeh, gte the email add on here! we need 2 watch!

Jenrick
-20th March 2004, 20:27
Check out this link for Olympic fencing coverage on BBC.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics_2004/schedule/default.stm
Not sure if they are only showing the medal places or the actual matches.

uk_45
-20th March 2004, 20:38
wow thats not to bad!

uk_45
-20th March 2004, 20:44
PS shame it aint on my b'day tho:<

vil
-20th March 2004, 21:01
Check out this link for Olympic fencing coverage on BBC.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics_2004/schedule/default.stm
Not sure if they are only showing the medal places or the actual matches.

Jenrick: any idea if that's what the BBC is actually showing, or is it just when the events take place in Athens? Would love to see some quality fencing on telly instead of Andy bloody MacDowell applying her skin cream with a foil. :)

Jenrick
-20th March 2004, 23:13
Don't know. found an e-mail address so why not hit it and we'll all find out. Besides as for Andy mcDowell - It could be a lot worse for face cream ads. She's not to bad at all for over 40!
sport.interactive@bbc.co.uk
Question if we had a fencing program who best to present it?
Maybe a new thread idea here!

hayleyjade
-21st March 2004, 09:38
there seems to be a lot of fencing, maybe they are just showing the fights where medals are won?

im going to email soon! lol!

doobarz
-21st March 2004, 10:24
Don't know. found an e-mail address so why not hit it and we'll all find out. Besides as for Andy mcDowell - It could be a lot worse for face cream ads. She's not to bad at all for over 40!
sport.interactive@bbc.co.uk
Question if we had a fencing program who best to present it?
Maybe a new thread idea here!

That is the address for the website team - might be able to help. I had a look and couldn't really find a proper address, though there is an e-mail form on the website you can fill in.

They list one of their highlights as WE Individual final, so I guess they are intending to show it.

Naughty foilist
-22nd March 2004, 07:28
Looks like the beeb will leave at least two members of my family in the not happy catagory on their sports.

My sister, the 4th dan black belt, has much the same situation in the listings with 'Taekwondo (medals)' appearing with the same frequency as 'Fencing (medals)'.

And I thought they would show the oriental martial arts even if the european ones got sidelined.

lorca
-6th April 2004, 15:35
Dave Gordon is the head of major events - covering the olympics. the email would be dave.gordon@bbc.co.uk

foiledagain
-12th April 2004, 20:56
I don't think they have showed it in Canada's Olympic coverage...such a shame. I don't understand how it is that some of these events go without coverage. Honestly, who doesn't want to watch fencing? Or the martial arts - judo and taekwondo dont' ever make it onscreen here. People love that kind of thing. Ditto for archery.
If I were in charge...

uk_45
-12th April 2004, 20:57
Money they judge how much airtime it gets by how much money is in the sport all though you do have some very attractiove epeeists over there!