PDA

View Full Version : SW regional - anyone have my sabre?

ceprab
-24th March 2004, 16:18
A clubmate who borrowed my sabre left it at the SW regional comp for me last Saturday (i.e. lost it).

RH Leon Paul sabre with black rubber grip and black foam pad. May have my name across the guard in chunky black marker, but not sure.

Please PM me if someone has found it.

Cheers

PKT
-22nd April 2004, 23:18
tsk, tsk, i guess he'll have to buy you a new one, eh?

How can people leave a piece of equipment like a sabre behind.
I can see leaving a body wire under the score-box table, but i always leave mine with my 2nd sabre... Or i'll take my whole fencing bag to the piste...

it's mind boggling.

PK

ceprab
-23rd April 2004, 14:35
It turned up thanks to having 'Bath' clearly written across the guard.

Thanks

randomsabreur
-23rd April 2004, 16:13
Given that I can misplace recently used sabre mask and glove plus water bottle during a poule (I am often seen vaguely looking around the general vicinity of my piste when the ref says I'm getting ready) - problem is there is quite a lot of clutter around a piste (spectators, fencers and everyone's kit and it all looks quite samey - I can see that not having any memory of where spare sabre was placed (with spare bodywire and mask clip attached) after you have been knocked out, gone and kicked a wall and berated yourself for your own total stupidity and then decided that it is about time to get a shower it is quite possible to forget that you had a spare sabre at piste side.

Of course, people hassling you to get a move on with getting changed and going home can also cause a few memory lapses

uk_45
-23rd April 2004, 16:15
Originally posted by ceprab
It turned up thanks to having 'Bath' clearly written across the guard.

Thanks

the Joys of marker pens.

I try to hold onto my kit while stading round a poule.

oddball
-14th May 2004, 19:35
Marker pens, or tippex..

gbm
-14th May 2004, 21:00
Black marker pen for anything that isn't black, white painy/tippex for anything that is (like the guard on my foil)...

uk_45
-14th May 2004, 21:23
And LP's forth coming black guard!

Trying to catch some one goodbadandme?

gbm
-14th May 2004, 21:34
Meant to say the cushion in the guard on my foil. You are too clever for me. :o

Rdb811
-14th May 2004, 23:24
I have a little machine to produce labels - well worth the money if you lose a bit of kit.

Neo
-15th May 2004, 18:43
Originally posted by uk_45
And LP's forth coming black guard!

black guard?

uk_45
-15th May 2004, 18:53
Tis what I said.

Neo
-15th May 2004, 18:54
explain!

gbm
-15th May 2004, 19:20
LP are currently developing an optional black coating for their ultra-light aluminium sabre guards. Which will we pricey, but cool.

Neo
-15th May 2004, 20:44
Originally posted by goodbadandme
LP are currently developing an optional black coating for their ultra-light aluminium sabre guards. Which will we pricey, but cool.

black guard and gold blade is in order me thinks...

which reminds me, I need to replace that LP blade with another before Cole Cup... :S

Ulrika
-15th May 2004, 23:08
Originally posted by goodbadandme
LP are currently developing an optional black coating for their ultra-light aluminium sabre guards.
For sabre only? *hoping for black epée guards aswell*

Moose
-23rd May 2004, 01:51
I nearly lost a pair of breeches that didn't belong to me, which I was panicking about until they turned up in someone elses bag