PDA

View Full Version : Leon Paul Epee Tang sizes

Australian
-28th March 2004, 16:32
grr

bought a new fie epee wired blade from LP yesterday and when i tried to put my grip from an StM fie blade, the little nut thing wouldn't screw on... i tried it with a few others to no avail.

Please don't tell me that the tangs are different sizes....?

Might have to be a trip up to Camden Town tomorrow?

Prometheus
-28th March 2004, 22:41
Could be!

wingnutLP
-29th March 2004, 06:51
It may be the thread rather than the tang that is the problem? If so then you may be able to save yourself the trip buy buying just the LP nut.

Australian
-29th March 2004, 10:04
Originally posted by wingnut
It may be the thread rather than the tang that is the problem? If so then you may be able to save yourself the trip buy buying just the LP nut.

yeah thats what i was thinking (and hoping)

still means a trip up the northern line to get the nut tho... strange really, considering how many nuts we have on this forum :grin:

Prometheus
-29th March 2004, 10:29
and nutty threads :)

srb
-29th March 2004, 12:00
Have a look at the thread on your tang. It is likely that the pitch of the threads is the same, but when whoever cut it down, they damaged the start of the thread so you can't get the nut on.

Normally after cutting down a tang you would file the burr down to stop someone cutting themselves. The last blade I bought had the burr filed down too much, which damaged the thread, and I couldn't get the nut on.

If this is the case, you just need to get someone to re-cut the start of the thread with a dye. I bought my blade just before the Hampshire Open, so I just got the armourer at the competition (Dave Lichfield) to start the thread again for me, and the nut fitted fine.

srb