PDA

View Full Version : Twochee

Touchee
-29th March 2004, 17:37
Hi All

My daughter starts fencing at her school next term and I've just signed up for a short course in April (after years of wanting to...)

Be interested to hear what all you experienced swordplayers know now that you wished you knew then.....:)

pqg
-29th March 2004, 17:51
Mainly I wish I'd known how great fencing was and therefore started when I was much younger - might actually have been half decent then.... (I started at 18 btw)

uk_45
-29th March 2004, 19:11
Yeah it is great.

I suspect ypu'll find the collective knowledge here scary!!! Theres so much!

Welcome to the mad house!

Boo Boo
-29th March 2004, 22:15
Hi!

Welcome and congratulations to your daughter for a good choice of sport... :). Which school in London does she go to? Does she know who the coach will be?

I wish I knew:
- anything is achievable if you work hard
- to get the best coach and go to the best club in the country
- to start younger
- footwork, footwork, footwork, footwork, footwork....
- to have lots of self-belief :)

Boo

uk_45
-30th March 2004, 19:13
They are the keys i'd say but also there are some up coming coaches! So i donno oh well somthing else for the list i dont know!

Touchee
-30th March 2004, 20:36
Thanks guys. It is a bit scary - you all seem pretty au fait with the sport. Me - I know where to put the pointy end (and that was before I read UK_45's signature comment!!!)

I'm going to be doing a short beginners course with Haverstock whilst my daughter's at school in Sussex n I don't know who'll be teaching her!

Too late to start younger, darnit!

N Does anyone remember the cartoon 'Touche Turtle'?? Why isn't it on anymore?? What do u make of his technique??:)

Chris
-31st March 2004, 10:13
Originally posted by pqg
Mainly I wish I'd known how great fencing was and therefore started when I was much younger - might actually have been half decent then.... (I started at 18 btw)

ditto, except I was 20 :tongue:

iron maiden fan
-1st April 2004, 06:53
excellent choice mate, good luck to you and your daughter
enjoy it

welcome to the asylum......er, forum

Touchee
-3rd April 2004, 21:50
Thanks...

Insanity is a sane response to an insane world!

bufc99
-4th April 2004, 10:17
Originally posted by Chris
ditto, except I was 20 :tongue:

i was 18 and so wished that i'd discovered this sport earlier. I didn't even know there was a club a few miles from me at home until i took it up at uni and started resarching where i could go during the holidays