jmayle
-4th March 2013, 22:26
Hi all in the southern region

Our next training day will be Sunday 24th March 2013
New Venue: St Gabriel's School, Sandleford Priory, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 9BD
Time: 10am to 4pm
Cost 25 (regional fencers only).
All ages from 10 to 80, all weapons

Coaches: Gabor Papp (foil), Pavel Rymes (Epee), Peter Wright (Sabre).

Online entry: http://www.southernfencing.org.uk/contacts/southern-regional-hub-entry

Anyone outside the region who wishes to attend, please PM me.

All Coaches in Southern Region are very welcome to attend. There will be some opportunity for coaches to work with our guest coaches for their own personal developoment, if interested, please let me know.

June
Chair

miraberis
-5th March 2013, 09:50
This was really good last time. Good to see it's open to seniors again, June.
I would definitely like to come along if I can. Will check the diary.

Titanium
-5th March 2013, 12:13
Hi all in the southern region

Our next training day will be Sunday 24th March 2013
New Venue: St Gabriel's School, Sandleford Priory, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 9BD
Time: 10am to 4pm
Cost 25 (regional fencers only).
All ages from 10 to 80, all weapons

Is the cost of the day the same for all Hub days because the one in the NW was significantlymore expensive (40), which I considered very expensive considering it was just training and food wasn't included? Does British Fencing not set prices etc?

foilerist
-5th March 2013, 15:58
Is the cost of the day the same for all Hub days because the one in the NW was significantlymore expensive (40), which I considered very expensive considering it was just training and food wasn't included? Does British Fencing not set prices etc?

As a person who has organised various events I would imagine that the cost if these things will vary a lot dependant on hall hire and coach fees.

I have had halls that cost between 150 and 600 per day and this is a major contributing factor to end cost to the individual. I would also expect that these days aren't subsidised by BF, could be completely wrong though.

ED_R
-5th March 2013, 21:51
Cost shouldn't be controlled IMO. More a case of what people will pay.

Let the best events charge more, or charge less and fill up with fencers enjoying great value.

jmayle
-5th March 2013, 21:58
Cost shouldn't be controlled IMO. More a case of what people will pay.

Let the best events charge more, or charge less and fill up with fencers enjoying great value.

Hi all,

No BF do not control the prices. Our hub training days are open to all, we aim to break even not profit and if we are fortunate enough to do so will plough it back into fencer and coach development.

We have purposely kept the prices down as in the region we have quite a lot of famillies with siblings fencing, at 40 a day, the days bill can get quite exciting when there are two or even three of them. Being a parent, I appreciate how much these things add up to annually and the idea is to encourage them, not put them off.

Will be nice to see you there Miraberis, considering May for a coach development day, will let you all have further details as they formulate.