PDA

View Full Version : Weird finger problem

Honeybadger
-8th March 2013, 20:33
In the last couple of weeks ive been noticing something wrong about my fingers on my sword hand. Every now and then when i adjust the position of them when they're under strain (for example, shifting my grip on a glass) or something pushes between the joints (e.g. flick hits while pommeling) i get what i can only describe as a slightly alarming yanking and tingling sensation, as if the tendon isnt long enough. Its only happening in my index and middle finger, and only on the one hand. Has anyone else had anything like this before? If so, did it precede an agonising and/or crippling injury, or just go away after a while?

Cyranna's Father
-8th March 2013, 21:04
In the last couple of weeks ive been noticing something wrong about my fingers on my sword hand. Every now and then when i adjust the position of them when they're under strain (for example, shifting my grip on a glass) or something pushes between the joints (e.g. flick hits while pommeling) i get what i can only describe as a slightly alarming yanking and tingling sensation, as if the tendon isnt long enough. Its only happening in my index and middle finger, and only on the one hand. Has anyone else had anything like this before? If so, did it precede an agonising and/or crippling injury, or just go away after a while?

No idea what it is BUT go and see your GP asap & see if you need physio.
Reason - rugby (no yawning please), I have a permanently bent middle finger and a friend had such a bad one he had to have his middle finger amputated. They both bent as a result of damage to the volar (speeling?) plate and consequent tendon damage.
Of course it might just be "pinball finger" - light nerve damage or a little strain Have it checked in case

Honeybadger
-9th March 2013, 22:00
No idea what it is BUT go and see your GP asap & see if you need physio.
Reason - rugby (no yawning please), I have a permanently bent middle finger and a friend had such a bad one he had to have his middle finger amputated. They both bent as a result of damage to the volar (speeling?) plate and consequent tendon damage.
Of course it might just be "pinball finger" - light nerve damage or a little strain Have it checked in case

GP on monday, i think. Thanks for the help.

Agentchow
-3rd July 2013, 03:35
I feel the same way when I play the piano, only it happens along the side of my wrist. When I went to see a orthopedic doctor, he told me I would be fine as long as I stretch out my wrist and fingers before playing.

Never had any problems with my fingers while fencing though...