PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Prize to be won!!!

kingkenny
-1st April 2004, 10:46
Answer a 5 minute on line questionnaire and you could win one of four 100.00 prizes for yourself or over 700.00 for you club!

We are offering you the chance to win some great prizes and at the same time improve our services! All you have to do is click here and fill out the 5 minute questionnaire.As an incentive we are offering over 1000.00 worth of prizes:

Firstly each week for the next 4 weeks we will be picking one person who has answered the questionnaire at random and giving them a 100 Leon Paul gift voucher. The first draw will take place next Friday and the winner will be notified by E mail.
Secondly when you answer the questionnaire you will be asked to include the name of the club that you attend. At the end of the 4 weeks we will take the 5 clubs from whom we have had the most responses and one will be chosen at random to win our star prize. The prize will consist of a battery powered 3 weapon box, a pair of spools and ground leads in a padded case worth a total of over 700. Tell all your club mates about the competition, persuade them to give us their opinions and in 4 weeks your club could have a new box!
We look forward to your input. Click here to go to the Leon Paul questionnaire.
Click here to go to the Leon Paul questionnaire. (http://www.leonpaul.asp-host.co.uk/questionnaire.htm)

PM1
-1st April 2004, 11:14
The most obvious glitch with the club prize that I can see is that the clubs with the most members who can be enviegled into joining the forum and answering the questionnaire stand the best chance of winning the box - isn't it the smaller clubs that could do with the help?? and our school club has just broken up for Easter, too........but then, that bit of the comp goes on for a bit longer, doesn't it.... read the thread again, girl.....:rolleyes:

Anyway - thanks for the opportunity. A good idea.:grin:

Tubby
-1st April 2004, 12:03
...and is not an April Fool's ............

fitch
-1st April 2004, 12:10
this isn't a hideously complicated april fool is it...? ;)

PM1
-1st April 2004, 12:12
Well, the questionnaire looks ok, and I've just received the newsletter, and it IS after noon , so if it IS a trick, IT'S BACK ON YOU, KK

wingnutLP
-1st April 2004, 12:51
We promise it is not an April fools!!

That said we are in a position to do some mighty funny stuff, watch out for next year!

Point taken RE who wins the grand prize however we couldn't really have given it to the club with the least entrys could we!

hokers
-1st April 2004, 12:53
Well I've just completed the form. Can I suggest that anyone who either doesn't fence at a club very often, or has no particular affiliation, puts as their club the scottish club who lost all their kit to a fire recently?

If anyone at LP wants more info about what I thought was wrong with the website, PM me, website QA is my thing.

hokers

PM1
-1st April 2004, 12:59
What a splendid idea, Hokers - take that as my club, if you would, KK.

Good one !!

srb
-1st April 2004, 13:01
Ditto.

I'd competed it already, so KK change my club from Swindon to the scottish one.

srb

Mantis
-1st April 2004, 21:46
Yes, everyone, it is an April Fool! Don't enter it!

By the way, KK, did you get my answers? :grin:

Barry Paul
-2nd April 2004, 07:10
It's not an April Fool joke! We hope the feedback can improve our products and service to fencers. Barry Paul

Mantis
-2nd April 2004, 07:57
Originally posted by Barry Paul
It's not an April Fool joke! We hope the feedback can improve our products and service to fencers. Barry Paul

Sorry, my post was intended as a joke but I realise that it might not have been clear.

You are not the only company who fell foul of making announcements on 1st April. Yesterday, Google announced their new email service, Gmail, and no one believed them. :tongue:

uk_45
-2nd April 2004, 14:43
Yeah there where a few otheres, personaly i always feel the budget should be announced on april 1st!

Aoife
-6th April 2004, 09:25
The most obvious glitch with the club prize that I can see is that the clubs with the most members who can be enviegled into joining the forum and answering the questionnaire stand the best chance of winning the box - isn't it the smaller clubs that could do with the help??

I agree; couldn't the club be chosen at random as well? Bigclubs probably already have electric kit, whilst I know of quite a few small clubs in my area with none. If smaller clubs get their own electric kit, surely that means they can get bigger?

uk_45
-6th April 2004, 17:29
Ywah i agree with Aoife smaller clubs have less funds and there for have less if any electric equipment. When they get electric equipment there fencers are able to imporve faster thus getting the club a better reputation, and this brings in more memebers and so increases funds. allowing them to become bigger clubs.

Aoife
-9th April 2004, 18:59
If it was done randomly the clubs with the most entries would have a better chance anyway, but the small clubs would at least have some chance!

uk_45
-9th April 2004, 19:04
Yeah this is true

ahhhhhhhhhh statistics hate them i hate them!!!how about picking a club at random as in for each club that has had one or more entries to the comp's name is put in a hat etc etc etc

Neo
-29th April 2004, 00:08
I think since they've already announced it, they can't very well change it now