PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Region Cadet Training Day

harsnett1
-30th April 2013, 20:27
The Eastern Region is pleased to announce it's first training day aimed at Cadet aged fencers from the region. We have lined up three of the very best coach's the region has to offer. If succesful, we aim to hold 3-4 training days per year, moving the venue around the Region in order to involve as many of the Region's young fencers as possible.

Phil Green - S&C Coach An experienced Strength & Conditioning Coach based in Ipswich, Suffolk. Phil has been educating, coaching and training people young and old for over six years. He heads up S&C and Athletic Development at several junior sports academies as well as consults at several high schools, colleges and universities.

Prof. Bob Bales - Head Coach/Sabre Coach Bob is a three weapon Master who has over 30 years coaching experience actively teaching and training fencers at all weapons and levels. During his career he has been a GB National coach.

Prof. Liam Harrington - Foil Coach Liam is a Maitre d'Armes of the British Academy of Fencing (BAF) and has level 5 Diploma coaching qualifications in Epee, Foil & Sabre. In 2010 he achieved a bronze medal in the Master-at-Arms category in the Fencing Masters’ World Championships in Switzerland. He is Head Coach at Three Rivers Young Blades.

Chris Howser - Epee Coach We are very pleased that Chris is now part of the Eastern Region. Chris was the 2005 British Epee Champion and has won medals at the Senior British Championships on 4 occassions in total. He has been ranked as the British Number 1 in epee and has won silver medals at 3 Commonwealth Championships. He has been a qualified coach for 20 years and is a level 4 Epee Coach.

Venue. Mid-Suffolk Leisure Centre, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1LH
Date. June 30th 2013
Time. 09.30 - 1600hrs
Cost £35.00 per person
Number of places per weapon 12

An Application and Consent form is attatched and they will also be made available from www.bfaeastern.org (http://www.bfaeastern.org)
Hard copies will be available at the E.I.S this weekend.
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis with no preference given to any club or county within the Region. in case of over subscription a waiting list will be started, email confirmation of your place will be sent.

Number of remaining places will be updated on this forum.

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

harsnett1
-2nd May 2013, 17:12
Applications are beginning to arrive. Fantastic initial response. Will try to keep number of places updated daily.

Initial number of places per weapon 12.

No. of places remaining.

Epee 8

Foil 10

Sabre 12

Waiting lists will be created in case of oversubscription.

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

bufc99
-2nd May 2013, 21:47
Hi All,

The forms are now up on the website.

An information sheet with a short bio of the coaches involved and the details of the day is available here (http://www.bfaeastern.org/docs/entry_forms/Eastern%20Region%20Cadet%20Training%20Day%20-%20Information.pdf) and the application/consent form is available here (http://www.bfaeastern.org/docs/entry_forms/Eastern%20Region%20Training%20Day%20-%20Application%20Form.pdf).

harsnett1
-12th May 2013, 15:37
Update of available places on the first Eastern region Cadet Training Day to be held at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre, Stowmarket, Suffolk on 30th June 9.30am - 4pm. Coach details and application forms can be found at www.bfaeastern.org

Epee 7
Foil 9
Sabre 12

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

harsnett1
-21st May 2013, 09:05
Update of available places on the first Eastern region Cadet Training Day to be held at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre, Stowmarket, Suffolk on 30th June 9.30am - 4pm. Coach details and application forms can be found at www.bfaeastern.org

Epee 6
Foil 7
Sabre 10

Keep those entries coming. Places are given on a first come first served basis.

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

harsnett1
-28th May 2013, 10:10
Applications are steadily being received. I will update the Forum with up to date entry numbers later this week. However, I will be moving on the 7th June, and whilst i will be using the Royal Mail redirect service i am unsure as to the how it works and if there is a delay in my post being sent to my new address. Therefore, if you know you would like to attend, please try to post your application sooner rather than later.

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

harsnett1
-30th May 2013, 11:16
More entries received this morning. I will send an email to confirm those entries.

Places Remaining as of today (30th May)

Epee - limit reached (12)
Foil - 7
Sabre - 9

If anymore entries for Epee arrive postmarked before today's date, they will be accepted. Please keep sending your entries in for Foil and Sabre.

Many Thanks
David Cook

harsnett1
-30th May 2013, 11:41
Sorry, Slightly miscounted, Sabre spaces remaining is actually 8, not 9.

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

harsnett1
-4th June 2013, 20:30
Entries slowly being received for the initial Eastern Region Cadet Training Day. We have agreed to allow entry to fencers who attended the regional qualifiers in the U12 age category. However, we must remind you that the training day is aimed at intermediate fencers and not beginners.

Number of spaces available

Epee - Full
Foil - 7
Sabre - 7

Closing date for entries is 20th June.

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

harsnett1
-6th June 2013, 20:51
Two more entries received from Foilist's today. Will try to post updates as soon as possible after house move. Will be without Internet until Tuesday 11th June. There are still approximately half a dozen places for both Foil and Sabre, Epee is FULL. There are only two weeks until the closing date. More details can be found at www.bfaeastern.org

Details of day are.

Venue - Mid-Suffolk Leisure Centre, Stowmarket, Suffolk
Time - 10am - 4pm

Coach's
S&C - Phil Green
Head/Sabre - Prof. Bob Bales
Foil - Prof. Liam Harrington
Epee - Chris Howser

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

harsnett1
-20th June 2013, 15:42
The first Eastern Region Cadet Training day is almost full. We've had an excellent response from across the region. Closing date was to be today, however, as I have not been able to update thread on Forum with remaining spaces until today, due to house move, no internet and forum being down, it has been decided to extend the deadline until 27th June to try and fill the remaining few places.

Epee - Full
Foil - 4 places remaining
Sabre - 6 places remaining

If you want to ensure you get a place please PM me and I will keep a place for you until I have received your entry (48hrs). I have emailed all of those that have applied so far. I will try to keep this thread updated.

Many Thanks
Dave Cook

harsnett1
-25th June 2013, 04:45
Three days to go until final closing date. There are still some spaces left in Foil and Sabre. Entry and consent forms can be found at www.bfaeastern.org .

Many Thanks
Dave Cook