PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Shoe Question....

devalleassoc
-12th April 2004, 01:13
Okay, so since I'm a bit of a "gear head", I've discovered the "PBT Fortuna Plus" shoe. It looks fairly ordinary, yet they claim that it has been "developed with the high level competitor in mind". Now they are not exactly cheap either ($149.99 US) has anyone had any experience with these?? Curious, since as I said, they look fairly ordinary.

nirvana
-12th April 2004, 17:57
yep they are pretty ordinary. I think adidas make them, so wouldn't adidas delibratly makes theres better?

devalleassoc
-12th April 2004, 19:38
Yep, if that's the case, then.....yep THAT'S the case!!:grin:

nirvana
-12th April 2004, 20:07
whilst on the topic, anyone know if adidas hav any plans 4 some new fencing shoes?

nirvana
-12th April 2004, 20:12
whilst on the topic, anyone know if adidas hav any plans 4 some new fencing shoes?

jamesthornton
-13th April 2004, 15:53
yes i believe they are releasing a new shoe for the olympics games this year. however i have heard that it is not that spectacular. have you thought of straying away from a shoe with fencing on the side to perhaps a tennis shoe such as the adidas barricade which most of the french epeeists were or handball shoes??? some swiss fencers even were wrestling shoes. i think the tennis shoes especialy are a lot more substantial have better non wear surfaces for lunging as they are designed for clay and concrete courts and also have a grip which is designed for outdoors so eill probably last longer.

aao
-13th April 2004, 16:06
yes but the soles are too thick which can create alot of pressure on your back knee if you roll you're foot when you lunch.

Alot of the tops fencers in the world have no stopped using 'fencing' shoes and have a variety of footwear (alot of which isn't available in the UK) i've found some of the new addidas squash shoes are just about as good at a fraction of the price (and with smalle soles), wrestling shoes are almost perfect but the sole is so thin that even with padding you'll probably bruise you're heel (I tried them out in the states).

rory
-14th April 2004, 08:40
Originally posted by nirvana
yep they are pretty ordinary. I think adidas make them, so wouldn't adidas delibratly makes theres better?

Wrong.
I've had a couple of pairs of PBT shoes - they're made by PBT. And they're OK - especially if you get them at Hungarian prices (45 a pair).
About as good as the D'Artagnans I have now, but not as good as the Adidas Black Stripe I used to have.
The black stripes wore out fast though.

devalleassoc
-14th April 2004, 13:19
That yellow "gummy" looking sole looks interesting. The regular white soles on most shoes, does tend to wear out fairly quickly.