PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the GBR WS veterans team!

Gildas Braine
-18th May 2014, 19:54
Congratulations to Jane Hutchison, Michelle Narey, Jenny Morris and Beth Davidson for their silver medal in sabre at the European veterans team championships in Porec today, well done!

Baldric
-18th May 2014, 20:15
Congratulations to Jane Hutchison, Michelle Narey, Jenny Morris and Beth Davidson for their silver medal in sabre at the European veterans team championships in Porec today, well done!

Sorry Gildas, you must be mistaken. None of those young ladies would qualify for the Vets.

Keith.A.Smith
-18th May 2014, 20:53
Great effort. Very well fenced.

Mini Musketeer
-18th May 2014, 21:07
Womens foil bronze as well I think. Well done!

Keith.A.Smith
-18th May 2014, 21:59
I think is now one silver and two bronzes.

Well done GB Vets.

Stormtrooper
-19th May 2014, 07:36
Well done gals ! European Silver . HUSSAR !!!!

M'son
-19th May 2014, 09:15
Many congrats to the WF team of Kate O'Connell, Jenny Morris and Gillian Worman.
They beat the French - Quelle Horreur I can tell you!!!!

In the bronze medal match they beat the Italians in an absolute nail bitter.
4/4 and last match goes to priority. Anyone who has faced a pressed Italian team knows what those girls and in particular Gillian ( last fencer ) were facing. It did sound like the whole of Italy, not to mention the Italian coach desperately trying to coach during the fight, was against them.

The team kept their cool and were a credit to British Fencing.

Will the Italians now bring Vezzali for the 2016 European team event ( to be held in Medway, kent )
Who knows.!!!!!!!

marg
-20th May 2014, 09:36

Thankyou! We had to beat Austria, Russia, France and Italy on the way so pretty pleased with that!

nickos
-20th May 2014, 12:19
Congratulations to the GB team medalists!

Full results available here:
http://www.hms.hr/veterans2014/rez.htm