PDA

View Full Version : Epee Training Camps in August

Chris Morgan
-22nd April 2004, 20:20
Does anyone know of any epee training camps this summer? if so can you post here, i dont mind where abouts they are it would just help if i could find a few.

Thanks

PM1
-22nd April 2004, 23:35
Haverstock, Chris.......email Kate Smith. I think the info is on the BFA web site, too.:grin:

uk_45
-23rd April 2004, 15:49
The font of all knowledge!

PM1
-23rd April 2004, 20:28
You DO mean the BFA web site, don't you............:grin:

There is also Canterbury, and a trip to Poland, I believe (blahdy blah blah)........:rolleyes:

uk_45
-23rd April 2004, 21:45
You see i bet there nothing PM1 doesn't know!

PM1
-23rd April 2004, 23:04
........!!!.......:eek:

haggis
-23rd April 2004, 23:05
Summer training camps at Millfield and Canterbury. Not epee only but good epee coaches and fencers at both. Norman Golding for Millfield details and Paul Romang for Canterbury. Both are probably on the BFA web site as well or will be soon.

PM1
-24th April 2004, 00:02
well, fancy me missing off Millfield - sorry, Prof, didn't mean to...:(

Australian
-24th April 2004, 08:19
Originally posted by haggis
Summer training camps at Millfield and Canterbury. Not epee only but good epee coaches and fencers at both. Norman Golding for Millfield details and Paul Romang for Canterbury. Both are probably on the BFA web site as well or will be soon.

the fencing standard at canterbury was pretty low (actually damn low) but the coaching was awesome.

Chris Morgan
-24th April 2004, 20:05
I was looking for one with really high quality coaching and competition, haverstock perhaps iof i can find some many and if some people i know are going, im trying to get as much competition done before the majority ofthe comps are in september to december, plus il be a bit rusty as ive layed off my fencing a little bit while my exams are taking place,

wil see you at warwick 2morro PM1

nirvana
-24th April 2004, 20:08
canterbury, you get good hungarian coaches

Chris Morgan
-24th April 2004, 20:10
If anyone has any links for these courses it would be greatly appreciated

Neo
-24th April 2004, 20:54
Is the obligatory post-fencing orgy included?

haggis
-24th April 2004, 23:44
Originally posted by Neo
Is the obligatory post-fencing orgy included?

Not obligatory. Personal initiative and self-determination are, generally, considered positive factors for a promising fencer.

haggis
-24th April 2004, 23:50
Nothing on BFA website for Millfield or Canterbury courses yet but have a regular look here as I'm sure there will be something before too long.

http://www.britishfencing.com/camps&courses.html

Tubby
-26th April 2004, 11:23
If you email Millfield School on their public contact email they will reply to you. (They replied to me but I've long since binned their email as I can't make the dates otherwise I would've posted their email address and details of the course - AndyW will have details so PM him)

Tubby
-26th April 2004, 11:27
I'm given to believe that Nick Chapman will be running a course at the end of August but has not yet finalised the details. If this happens I will post the details here.

PM1
-26th April 2004, 11:35
It's usally bank holiday week, so that it starts on the Tuesday...:) It is usually NOT INCLUSIVE OF ACCOMMODATION, but can be and is arranged, with adult supervision (of course), if required....:eek:

(from which you will realise that it is usually mostly <17 that go):confused:

(I'll go now, shall I ???.....)

Australian
-26th April 2004, 13:22
Originally posted by Tubby
I'm given to believe that Nick Chapman will be running a course at the end of August but has not yet finalised the details. If this happens I will post the details here.

sounds fun

i'll pester him about it :grin:

Tubby
-26th April 2004, 21:31
I was told by Trist that last year there was even a minibus to transport folk from lodgings to camp...............

Tubby
-3rd May 2004, 00:20
WARWICK TRAINING CAMP 23rd - 27th August

Five day intensive epee training camp primarily for U20/U17/U15 epeeists. Organised by Nick Chapman, with Peter Barrett and other coaches.

Enquiries to Nick Chapman nick@epeefencing.fsnet.co.uk

PM1
-3rd May 2004, 11:11
Ok Tubby - where did you get that from then???

jamie
-3rd May 2004, 12:57
Originally posted by Chris Morgan
Does anyone know of any epee training camps this summer? if so can you post here, i dont mind where abouts they are it would just help if i could find a few.

Thanks

Hey chris come do Haverstock with me :grin:

kitten
-3rd May 2004, 16:07
http://freespace.virgin.net/peter.hfc/SummerCamp2004/summer%20camp%202004.htm

There's the link for this year's haverstock camp - you need to conctact Kate Smith for details, I can give you the email addy if you PM me.

xox
Meg

Boo Boo
-3rd May 2004, 16:51
Originally posted by kitten
http://freespace.virgin.net/peter.hfc/SummerCamp2004/summer%20camp%202004.htm

There's the link for this year's haverstock camp - you need to conctact Kate Smith for details, I can give you the email addy if you PM me.

Hhhmmm, very nice...

Boo
(wishing the camp took foilists as well)

Tubby
-3rd May 2004, 19:10
Originally posted by PM1
Ok Tubby - where did you get that from then??? Sources.;)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

somehow I managed to get on Kate Smith's circulation list, but I cannot remember how.

PM1
-3rd May 2004, 22:24
Right - that's it - she's a blú^%$&*y mate of mine........and I probably got you onto her list....

PM1
-4th May 2004, 20:58
Was speaking with Kate Smith today, and she said she's had lots of enquiries about camp from people she didn't know....the power of the forum !! Likely to close the list soon - Haverstock - unless/until she can get yet another coach. Always an excellent camp, mind you.....:grin:

She and Pete Barret will be at Warwick end of August...traditionally when there is a camp run by Nick Chapman/Prof, and v good it is too. Usually 4 days, tho'...will need to check up the dates...wouldn't trust Tubby, even if I could chuck him....but that's cos he doesn't trust me, neither...tee hee:grin:

Tubby
-5th May 2004, 00:39
I'm only as good as my source - straight cut and paste from Kate's email (why reinvent the wheel) :moon:

PM1
-5th May 2004, 08:13
...even nicking my fav phrases now.......:(

Tubby
-5th May 2004, 21:49
but did I manage to use three of them?