PDA

View Full Version : Carrick Castle Tournament

Jenrick
-26th April 2004, 15:14
That time of year again. - The chance to fence in medieval castle. This year we have a full junior comp in foil. Ages
U.8 years, 9-10 years and 11-13 years. All based on age as of 1st January 2004.
Details at http://www.stormontfencingclub.com/C'fergus%20Open.htm (http://)
Special rates with Quality hotel. fly via belfast city or belfast international.
Only 20 mins from either and 20 mins from Larne or Belfast ports.
Limited numbers so early reg needed.

Neo
-13th May 2004, 13:03
Would help if you posted a working link ;)

This is the same weekend as the Cole Cup (and a couple other comps posted here) so it looks like I won't be going :P

Prometheus
-13th May 2004, 13:46
http://www.stormontfencingclub.com/C'fergus%20Open.htm

Strange the cut off for age is September 2003 not 1/1/04?

Prometheus
-13th May 2004, 13:47
Strange, URL seems to be playing up (or is that user error as we say in IT)?

Try again:

http://www.stormontfencingclub.com/C'fergus%20Open.htm

Prometheus
-13th May 2004, 13:49
Grrrrrr - must be because it's an Irish thread....:mad:

Gav
-13th May 2004, 13:58
That's why folk should refer to www.rcpfc.co.uk! RCP have been sending folks over there for the last couple of years.

Grr, couldn't get the link to paste successfully. Do here (http://www.stormontfencingclub.com/) and follow the link to Carrickfergus tourney.

spirall333
-13th May 2004, 14:45
Hands up whos going over?
B

Neo
-13th May 2004, 14:54
Welp I can't put my hand up - off to Cole Cup that weekend;)

Peanut_UK
-13th May 2004, 15:17
I should be if I can pull my finger out and get some transport sorted... that, and remember how to use one of those Epee things...

Neo
-13th May 2004, 15:25
Originally posted by Peanut_UK
I should be if I can pull my finger out and get some transport sorted... that, and remember how to use one of those Epee things...

ewww no, put your "finger" away, we don't want to see that! :tongue:

Peanut_UK
-13th May 2004, 16:31
Tsk... the slightest mention of poo, and our posts get deleted... ah well...

Gav
-13th May 2004, 16:34
Actually no. I've stated several times how much I dislike 'bloat'. Also I have a duty to attempt to maintain standards on this board. I've already received complaints today on this very subject.

Jenrick
-13th May 2004, 23:17
The age has been cjanged to start on 01/01/04 age 8 and under, 10 and under and 12 and under. New web manager is trying to get to grips with it and entry form should be amended accordingly.
Gav any more coming for this year - Brett did excellent last year. Epee Final against Steven Paul was brilliant to watch. Steven won't be attending this year.

vikkia
-14th May 2004, 05:38
Can my boy enter 2 comps 9-10 and 11-13 as they are on different days? It would really make it worth while coming over then!!

Gav
-14th May 2004, 08:36
Originally posted by Jenrick
The age has been cjanged to start on 01/01/04 age 8 and under, 10 and under and 12 and under. New web manager is trying to get to grips with it and entry form should be amended accordingly.
Gav any more coming for this year - Brett did excellent last year. Epee Final against Steven Paul was brilliant to watch. Steven won't be attending this year.

Don't know who will be going this year. I'm not as regular up at RCP as I used to. I'm going with some of the guys tonight - if I find out I'll let you know.

Brett probably... ;)

PM1
-14th May 2004, 09:42
...that's the fourth tournament he's missing that w/e.....another year I don't get to Belfast and play in a castle (not ME fencing, you understand....I just like, well, like playing in castles....):( :(

Jenrick
-14th May 2004, 22:14
Unfortunate the clash of dates. we had wanted the previous week but a couple are using it for a wedding!!! Hopefully next years date won't coincide with the Corble etc.
As for playing in castles - doesn't everyone!!!:rambo:

All the junior comp on the Sat only.

Jenrick
-18th May 2004, 19:26
Web site was down but is now working properly. All details have been updated and ages clarified entry form updated.etc. Sorry for inconvenience.
Sat MF/WF MS/WS Juniors U.8, 9-10, 11-13.
Sun ME, WE

Marcos
-26th May 2004, 10:43
looks like the entry is almost filled, Jim

Jenrick
-27th May 2004, 19:27
Yea, the entry is great. In fact the sabre is excellent (we were surprised. we are waiting for Fabrice to confirm some senior/Junior entants and ages by e-mail to Jonny. The cut off will be on Tuesday. After that it depends on the availability of pistes. We hope to have not only ITV but BBC and a local cable TV company. Pity you can't make it, Or can you?

spirall333
-2nd June 2004, 11:58
Easy jet have free seats on offer to Belfast but they must be booked by tomorow midnight.
I think the seats are from the 25th of june to the 30th of october, No good for this comp but if there is any thing else in the Northern Ireland calender it could be very useful.
B

Jenrick
-2nd June 2004, 15:29
As far as I know all next seasons dates have to be determined yet. It would have been good though.

Marcos
-22nd June 2004, 08:40
Hey Jim, when are you posting the results up on the website?

I know that one of the lads I've been tutoring (Owen) came 3rd in Sabre :)

Jenrick
-22nd June 2004, 18:45
Should be shortly. He beat me in the DE. But at least my quality improved.

spirall333
-24th June 2004, 14:05
Chears to all at Carrick.
Its not often you get to fence on home ground in the grounds of a castle, and at least the weather held!
b

gbm
-24th June 2004, 14:11
Cardiff University fencing club had a competition in Cardiff Castle which didn't go TOO badly...
only Cardiff Uni fencer's went though (although I'm sure it's not a closed competition!).

Jenrick
-24th June 2004, 22:16
Cardiff castle sounds interesting. Is it still going?

gbm
-25th June 2004, 11:58
I don't know. It is planned that a repeat will be done, but we don't have any plans for when, and the Uni club is shut down for the Summer.

We only had two pistes marked out (with chalk!), and we had (fairly minor) problems with sunlight on the boxes, but it was fun!

It was just in a fenced-off section of the castle by a wall. We were meant to just be doing a fencing demonstration I think, but we ran a competition to demonstate it! It was one of the football Div 1 playoffs that day, so we attracted a few of the football crowd.