PDA

View Full Version : Frank Mills

late starter
-11th November 2014, 20:40
It is with much sadness that I have to inform you that Frank died in the early hours of this morning, Tuesday 11th November.

He faced his final battle with grace, dignity and fortitude and was grateful that he could be at home with his family. He was very pleased to have received so many messages in his last few days. You will not be surprised to know that shortly before he died Frank planned his funeral in detail.

I will let you know what the arrangements are when I have been informed by his family.

There will be an obituary page on our website www.veterans-fencing.co.uk, so if you would to like to pay your respects please email John Mason: john@jrmason.demon.co.uk. Any anecdotes or memories of Frank will be welcome.

Gillian Aghajan

pinkelephant
-11th November 2014, 23:01
That is very sad - I didn't know he was ill. Such a lovely man, and such a wonderful speaking voice - I'll always remember him doing the announcements at the World Vets in Bath.

J_D
-12th November 2014, 07:11
Frank Mills, it was always a pleasure to be with him, whether on the piste or off. The fortitude with which he face his illness and its return after remission was inspiring. I, for one, will miss him

bafco
-12th November 2014, 10:56
He faced his final battle with grace, dignity and fortitude

I am not a member of the veterans but was always pleased to talk to Frank when at their events with my wife. I can well believe the above, in all my meetings with him he came across as a genuinely nice man.

Fleetfoot
-12th November 2014, 11:56
Very sad news.
I first met Frank at London 2012, where he joined the ranks of the Gamesmakers.
It was a treat to know him during the Olympics, where, like all of us, he pitched in and did what was needed.

nickos
-12th November 2014, 12:16
Very sorry to receive this sad news from Gillian.

A difficult opponent on the piste, an absolute gentleman off the piste!