PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition for Weight Loss

christopherwms
-17th August 2015, 06:51
Hey Guys,

I am following an S+C Program but am struggling with weight loss. I currently have a desk job which leads to the obvious gut, etc. Can anyone give advice on what kinds of food to eat/avoid and post some recipes.

MGuarino
-17th August 2015, 12:25
http://www.foodforfitness.co.uk/fitness-recipes.php

Friends boyfriend founded this company. He's really good and the testimonials etc. are true. lots of recipies that are tasty on the link.

Good Luck

Foilling Around
-19th August 2015, 09:26
There are only three things you can change about your diet; quantity; quality and timing. (The same applies to an exercise/S&C programme incidentally)

Any programme is a combination of these.

Catherine Nicoll
-19th August 2015, 22:27
Hey Guys,

I am following an S+C Program but am struggling with weight loss. I currently have a desk job which leads to the obvious gut, etc. Can anyone give advice on what kinds of food to eat/avoid and post some recipes.

Hello,
I am a female 68 year old ex fencer and last year lost 45 pounds ( 170 down to 125 ) between May and December . The diet I followed will definitely work for you if you follow it without deviation . It is a book The Fast Metabolism Diet by Hayley Pomroy. I was never hungry and didn't have any cravings . You will not like it and will doubt you can do it. You will need huge commitment . But the weight will dissolve and you will feel absolutely energised and be eating really healthily and in my case eating huge amounts of food . I have now completely changed the way I eat and have not been following the 3 day plan but eating more or less the allowed foods and I have not put on any weight since I stopped the formal diet . And I now do drink alcohol and eat sweet things occasionally . I look and feel fabulous . Do give it a go . Read the book several times before you start to understand how your body will be directed by the foods to burn the fat . I think you have to buy into her theory to be able to really give it a serious go. By the way if like me you love fruit the saviour for the none fruit days is rhubarb as it is classified as a vegetable . I stewed up masses with stevia. Suggest you then freeze a lot before the season ends to tide you over winter until season starts again. Any tinned rhubarb I found contains sugar so is no good . Good luck Catherine Nicoll

coach carson
-25th August 2015, 12:27
....or.....eat less, exercise more.

Foilling Around
-25th August 2015, 16:53
As CC says, the main problem is that people usually underestimate the amount they eat and overestimate the amount of exercise they are doing. Diets simply provide a focus for people to introduce controls. If you can make 25% less volume for food for every meal you eat and not compensate by snacking more then it would have a dramatic effect.

Not quite a Vet
-25th August 2015, 18:36
I'm glad to see its just a 25% reduction in food your suggesting FA, and not in Vino... :D

Foilling Around
-25th August 2015, 19:51
Nah, that's 50%!!

christopherwms
-3rd September 2015, 14:56
Thank you Catherine. I just got the book in Kindel and will be giving it a try.

I will also be trying the website that was recommended.