PDA

View Full Version : Game update.

kingkenny
-18th May 2004, 12:27
Ok its been much improved for fun so nice coments only remember I am not Mr Sony.

http://www.leonpaul.com/download/games.htm

chortler
-18th May 2004, 12:32
If only I was as good at real fencing as I'm am in the game!

aao
-18th May 2004, 14:48
not again :( with the best will in the world, this version really isn't any better, the fencers still move like athritic sloths (or me on the sunday of the Isle of Wight!) there seem to be only 3 moves available (okay definately similar to the Isle of Wight!) and who actually scored the hit seems rahter random to say the least.

Okay nice comments, its a good effort for an amateur programmer and all credit for you for attempting it but why the 3d graphics? make it as simple as possible with 2d fencers and faster more playable gameplay (the original prince of persia or something) and you'd have a far better game. Sorry Kenny

harry
-18th May 2004, 14:52
just one question.

Why?

kingkenny
-18th May 2004, 15:36
bord.

Mr Flea
-26th May 2004, 10:22
well its helped me pass most of a very boring morning so far today...so any one who can do that deserves my respect, cheers ...

Xerberus
-26th May 2004, 10:39
Help!

I cannot play the game, it will only run at about 1 frame/5 seconds, any 1 know how to fix this.

kingkenny
-26th May 2004, 10:53
What machine are you running it on. What grapics card? Howmuch ram on it and how much ram on the machine.

Xerberus
-26th May 2004, 13:39
PIII 500MHZ processor
128MB RAM

graphics card is a 3D Rage Pro AGP 2X by ATI - not sure how much RAM is on it.

wingnutLP
-26th May 2004, 16:35
Originally posted by aao
not again :( with the best will in the world, this version really isn't any better, the fencers still move like athritic sloths (or me on the sunday of the Isle of Wight!) there seem to be only 3 moves available (okay definately similar to the Isle of Wight!) and who actually scored the hit seems rahter random to say the least.

Okay nice comments, its a good effort for an amateur programmer and all credit for you for attempting it but why the 3d graphics? make it as simple as possible with 2d fencers and faster more playable gameplay (the original prince of persia or something) and you'd have a far better game. Sorry Kenny

My god, it is not meant to be an accurate representation of the nuances of fencing!

It is meant to be a bit of fun and I think it is a laugh to play.

3d because the programmer works programming in 3d for Sony.

Limited moves plus 2 special moves because he doesn't have 200k worth of motion capture in his bedroom.

And the hits aren't random if you are any good!

There is no need for you to be so rude.

harry
-26th May 2004, 16:46
would someone hand wingnut a tissue- i think he is going to cry

wingnutLP
-26th May 2004, 17:01
:tongue:

kingkenny
-26th May 2004, 17:03
~Ok going back a bit to the origanal point.

Iím sorry about that, it seems I screwed up I may have posted the debug version which I use for testing Ė which is intentionally slow. Iíll make a release version of the code and post that instead. That should fix your problems. I will sort it later tomorrow.

Mr Flea
-28th May 2004, 14:52
enjoyed the game, ended up doing very little work the day i downloaded it...one question though....how do you do the 'secial' moves? also when you run throught the game it says well done you have unlocked another fencer. how do i use this fencer?

Cheers, keep up he good work...

kingkenny
-28th May 2004, 15:04
You should be able to select the new character with different moves. For the special moves press escape and they shoud come up. So foward foward backward lunge does a special move.

Mr Flea
-28th May 2004, 15:07
cheers Kingkenny...looks like i will haave to down tools for the rest of the afternoon and give this another crack...friday being POETS day and all...;)

Neo
-9th November 2004, 02:58
This is actually a simulator showing foil under the new timings isn't it? :grin:

Glue Boy
-9th November 2004, 13:42
what does the '0' mean in the special moves? eg left arrow, right arrow, right arrow, 0

Neo
-9th November 2004, 13:56
How do u do special moves?

I was just counter attacking (It really is a demonstration of the new foil timings :grin: ) They always step forwards extend their blade, then stop, and then attack (at which point it will land). After their intial step forward extend, as they very first start to prepare the final attack, extend into their preparation and 9/10 it will land. (whether this works in real life is another matter :tongue: )

I like the end screen.... "you are the greatest fencer. The end". :grin: :grin: :grin:

Neo
-9th November 2004, 18:12
Ben, any chance of source code?

Glue Boy
-9th November 2004, 18:50
i worked out it meant space bar, its too easy! i do what neo does. also as they straighten there arm strp in with them at the same time then duck and straighten your arm and it will work nearly every time.

kingbob
-11th November 2004, 13:35
mint game kingkenny, good job