PDA

View Full Version : looking after your kit

DrT
-15th May 2003, 10:31
Can someone offer some advice on caring for your kit? I was particularly thinking about preventing or removing rust from blades, but is there anything I should do with my mask or other kit to make it last a bit longer?

Hudson
-15th May 2003, 11:09
When you get back from a comp and you've had all your weapons, mask and jacket etc in the same bag. Make sure you take your mask and weapons out, dry them as they will have picked you moisture from your clothes and don't put them all back in your bag if you have space, put your mask outy of the way so it dosen't get squashed (nothing like trying to put your head into a mask that had someone sit or stand on it an squash it) Stand or lay your weapons down and cover them up some how (some people have a piecs of tube to go over each blade, i us an old dust cover i've rigged up in my cupboard) Keeping your kit clean and dry is the important bit though.

Moose
-16th May 2003, 19:03
Oh and wash your kit too, cos there is nothing worse than the smell when you open your kit bag :)

Hudson
-16th May 2003, 19:27
I've meet a few that don't seem to bother with washing their kit, Not very nice to fence against