PDA

View Full Version : A grade in Croatia

Tihon
-29th June 2004, 14:13
As I was reading some materials on past tournaments, I have discovered a nice line from our Fencing association secretary : one of our Croatian tournaments, "Mazuranic", that is held in March each year will become an A grade. Yeeeaaaaaaa! I know Nats & Arturo will b there, perhaps someone else?

haggis
-29th June 2004, 14:18
Which weapon?

Prometheus
-29th June 2004, 15:10
Originally posted by Tihon
As I was reading some materials on past tournaments, I have discovered a nice line from our Fencing association secretary : one of our Croatian tournaments, "Mazuranic", that is held in March each year will become an A grade. Yeeeaaaaaaa! I know Nats & Arturo will b there, perhaps someone else?

Really???? So you get one of the few a grade slots available next season???

Is this Satellite, perhaps?

Prometheus
-29th June 2004, 15:11
They usually do in Croatia :rolleyes:

Insipiens
-30th June 2004, 13:32
Originally posted by Prometheus
Really???? So you get one of the few a grade slots available next season???

Is this Satellite, perhaps?

On the FIE website calendar for 2004/5 there is a tournament of type "Candidature A" in Zagreb on 19 March 2005 but I think it is a junior women's competition.

Candidature A is presumably A Grade? It is distinct from satellite but not a World Cup event.

rory
-30th June 2004, 13:34
If I remember right, a Candidature A is a tournament that isn't an A-Grade, but is under consideration for inclusion in the next year.

Rdb811
-30th June 2004, 13:34
An apprentice event (i.e. in it's first year) - if you search the forum, there will be a debate over whether or not it carries points.

Neo
-30th June 2004, 17:56
I'm bored... need fencing! :transport

UglyBug
-30th June 2004, 18:52
And that is relevant to this post how?!

Neo
-30th June 2004, 19:21
this thread? absolutely none at all :P

natsgrant
-1st July 2004, 10:49
Bok!

Sta ima? I kako je Sara?

We'll be there!!!!

You know we're moving? The flight to Zagreb is only 45 mins and will be able to afford it now I have a proper job.

Is the date definitely 19th March? Will try and round folk up from our new club (as yet unknown).

Keep reminding me until I get a 2005 diary.

Imacemo zabava subota 17-i jula (ne znam juli na hrvatskom). Morate doci!

Arturo
-1st July 2004, 14:41
Ako ti i Sara ne cete doci u zabavu, ja cu plakati. Imace mnogo piva i rakija, i ti mozes da vidis lijepo Banja Luka!

natsgrant
-1st July 2004, 14:58
Sad. So very sad.

;)

Australian
-2nd July 2004, 14:23
it does carry points for the official ranking

natsgrant
-2nd July 2004, 14:49
it does carry points for the official ranking

Zaista? :o:

Well, I'm hoping that the Thong-Lord and I will be able to make it. Planning on it.

Australian
-2nd July 2004, 15:04
assuming its a CA event, then yeah

natsgrant
-2nd July 2004, 15:06
Scary bix. Even more opportunity for getting arse wiped all over floor.

Vive the beginners! :|

Prometheus
-2nd July 2004, 15:49
Isn't there selection criteria (even in Croatia)?

Australian
-3rd July 2004, 12:37
since the event in in europe (last i checked :tongue: ), it will follow the usual fie selection criteria for how many fencers can go to an A grade from the home country

natsgrant
-3rd July 2004, 14:16
Boo...

Well, it's not far. I'll go watch.

Have no idea what my 'home' country is anyway. How is that worked out? Residence? Birth? Parentage? Citizenship?

I'm a bit of a 10p mix-up, so...

Rdb811
-3rd July 2004, 17:19
Up to you, I think. I'm just about the only 100% Englishman I know and I fence in London/SE and Surrey so so there is no chance of ever being selected for a representative match.

anteanteportas
-23rd July 2004, 05:23
ok crowd...MAZURANIC TOURNAMENT is a SENIOR foil and epee tournament (ladies and gents)...croatian ranglist tournament...and is opened to all...but that story of FIE-A grade goes like this...to that tournament is gonna b added JUNIOR FOIL LADIES tournament that is to become an A grade 2006 (that so is called CANDIDATURE A at first year running 2005)...at least people from FIE say thats it...so...i assume that we shall see a lot of foreign fencers at that tournament... and not only at junior ladies foil but at senior epee and foil too....so....people see ya there!

Danny_Boy
-23rd July 2004, 17:42
So it's Senior Mens & Women's Foils, and it's an Open, right?

Okay, cool. What do you reckon the Men's Foil standard will be like?

-

Danny Boy

anteanteportas
-26th July 2004, 05:25
since JUNIOR LADIES FOIL part of tournament is gonna be FIE candidature...midlle hardness....but rest of tournament (senior part m/w foil and m/w epee) that isnt FIE candidature IS OPENED TO ALL FOREIGN FENCERS THAT ARE REGISTERED TO THIER NATIONAL FEDERATIONS...i think that will be excellent control tournament for top fencers(especially foil men and epee men)...

natsgrant
-26th July 2004, 10:11
So Michael and I will have to be registered with the Hungarian Fencing Association?

Again confused as we're British (Scottish and Welsh born), but will be Hungarian residents - with whom do we need to register generally?

Or is it easier to get an FIE license?

Help...

anteanteportas
-27th July 2004, 05:26
Nat and Michael are welcome and without any licences ;) ....kidding...just at federation of the country that you have your passport ... or fie licence...whatever...