PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Line-ups

Insipiens
-2nd July 2004, 15:12
Does anyone know where I can see a list of all the individuals who are going to be fencing at Athens for each weapon?

The official Olympic and Athens websites do not appear to have the detail. I saw a page which showed everybody except those who were the individuals for the countries that are sending teams.

As it is only six weeks till it starts I thought there might be somewhere.

:cool:

Rdb811
-2nd July 2004, 15:12
It's somewhere on www.fie.ch

Insipiens
-2nd July 2004, 15:26
That is where I found a list of the other qualifiers and the teams (see link if it works)

http://www.fie.ch/download/homepage/fr/Qualifications%20JO%202004.pdf

But what it does not tell me, is who will be fencing for the nationalities. Still, I will keep looking.

:dammachin

Rdb811
-2nd July 2004, 15:32
See what you mean - it doesn't show who the team members are,

Australian
-3rd July 2004, 12:38
thats because that selection is up to the federation, and in some cases has not been done yet

reposte
-3rd July 2004, 13:25
You can look at the specific federation web site for a look at the teams.
If I'm not mistaken the German MF is Joppich Wessels and Bissdorf (I think Senft as fourth but maybe Breutner? Kleibernik?)
and the Italians are Cassara Vanni and Sanzo. Ramacci as replacement.
But that's just me thinking that MF is the only thing in existence....

gbm
-3rd July 2004, 19:22
Well there is WF as well, to be fair.

Australian
-5th July 2004, 08:46
Originally posted by goodbadandme
Well there is WF as well, to be fair.

not for olympic teams :)

Insipiens
-13th July 2004, 16:44
quotations from the Korean Herald 14 July 2004

KOC [Korean Olympic Committee] officials expect the nation to win three golds in taekwondo, two golds each in archery and wrestling as well as at least one in badminton, fencing , gymnastics, judo, shooting and table tennis.

"I have really worked hard and will do so for the remaining month to repeat the glory in Sydney," said Park Hee-kyung, a fencer who is aiming for gold in the men's individual foil. His coach Kim Young-ho gave South Korea its first Olympic fencing gold in the same category in the last Olympics.

Ulrika
-13th July 2004, 21:11
Originally posted by Insipiens
"I have really worked hard and will do so for the remaining month to repeat the glory in Sydney," said Park Hee-kyung, a fencer who is aiming for gold in the men's individual foil.

I have fenced Park (epée)! :)
Practise at Military World Games 2003. Needless to say I did not score many touches on that guy... :tongue:

reposte
-13th July 2004, 21:17
I don't recall seeing him anywhere near an A grade final the last couple of years...?

tigger
-29th July 2004, 10:27
But then the same applied before Sydney...

michel
-29th July 2004, 18:45
Go and see the French Federation (FFE) website (http://www.escrime-ffe.fr/competitions/jo/athenes_2004/athenes_2004.htm).
On the bottom of this page, it is written "Listes probables des engagés individuels", where you can find weapon by weapon the list of the fencers who should participate.
And somewhere on the FIE website and on the same page of the FFE website, you can find the possible matches of team competitions ("Tableaux théoriques des compétitions par équipes").