PDA

View Full Version : British Fencing Championships 2004

kingkenny
-13th July 2004, 11:38
OK here it is with all the results all the news and over 100 pictures.
http://www.leonpaul.com/news/big_news_story/news_letter_bfc04.htm

Click here to see just the pictures:
http://www.leonpaul.com/BFC2004.htm

Gav
-13th July 2004, 12:18
oh man, I look like sh$t...

Boo Boo
-13th July 2004, 12:18
Thanks KingKenny - Leon Paul have the news first (before the BFA website) again...

From the photos, it looks like the Women's British (Foil, Epee and Sabre) Championships will be held another weekend... ;)

Nice picture of Gav and Haggis though.

Boo

kingkenny
-13th July 2004, 12:25
Yer sorry about that camera ran out of batteries at the finals and as for the womens evets I cannot help feeling like a bit of a stalker whith a big camera taking pictures of ladies when they are not looking. But have no fear I am getting another 200 odd pictures nex week and will put up medal pictures and finals.

colliebeast
-13th July 2004, 12:44
Too many foil pictures!!! :dizzy:

but even i have to admit some of them are fantastic! good effot who ever took them!!!! :party:

James
-13th July 2004, 12:59
out of interest what camera were you using?

Boo Boo
-13th July 2004, 13:01
Originally posted by Kingkenny
I cannot help feeling like a bit of a stalker whith a big camera taking pictures of ladies when they are not looking.

Maybe you just need t-shirt with your name on (for those who don't recognise you from the stand....), then people will realise that you aren't just a random stalker... :)

Boo

hokers
-13th July 2004, 13:06
Yes pretty good pictures, AND I'm in two of them, what more could you want :D

Robert
-13th July 2004, 13:09
I would like this to sound constructive (I say that because it isn't going to sound constructive).

Add some comments to the photos, put them in a logical order, weed out the rubbish ones.

I know you have put in some effort with this, but this could be a really nice report on the event if just a few extra touches were added.

Robert

srb
-13th July 2004, 13:51
Originally posted by hokers
I'm in two of them, what more could you want :D

Me in five?

:cool:

srb

Prometheus
-13th July 2004, 14:00
Originally posted by srb
Me in five?

srb

Ah, those are the ones that will be sifted out and scrapped......

kingkenny
-13th July 2004, 14:01
I took the pictures using a cannon 300d
digital slr. It is a great camera but its not cheep.

The pictures could be annotated but would take about 5 hours so I can honestly say I wont be doing it. The reason some of the pictures are noy that good is that people love to see themselves in pictures but never have a camera when fencing. People would rater see an out of focus picture than no picture.
Also I deleted about 200 pictures already.

hokers
-13th July 2004, 14:03
Originally posted by srb
Me in five?
srb

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=better
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=worse

:tongue:

James
-13th July 2004, 14:16
what lense? i've only ever had a short play with the 300d so could you tell me if it can shoot in raw mode? sorry just curious.

kingkenny
-13th July 2004, 16:04
Its a 28 to 90 mm cannon lens that came standard with the old cannon 300 reble(not digital).
I was simply taking it on sports mode or with a high appature.

wingnutLP
-13th July 2004, 16:10
Originally posted by James
could you tell me if it can shoot in raw mode? sorry just curious.

It does but the file size is huge. largest jpeg size is approx 2.5 meg and raw is way more than this. In jpeg mode the sports mode can do continuous shooting quite fast but in raw it cant because the write to disk time is so high.

uk_45
-13th July 2004, 16:11
Camera info is: here (http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_300D/index.asp?ComponentID=54127&SourcePageID=164046#1) look nice camera

twohappyhippos
-13th July 2004, 17:43
no flattering piccies of me :( hehe. (theres one of my bum, but im not gonna tell you which picture it's in!) I'm most upset, i think i may cry...... :upset:

Neo: did you stalk KingKenny???? you're like in almost every one of them!!!

p.s. nice pictures by the way.....very pretty

pinkelephant
-13th July 2004, 18:05
Pictures of all of my menfolk and none of me. Is somebody trying to tell me something?:upset:

twohappyhippos
-13th July 2004, 18:13
also KingKenny, im sure most girlies wouldnt mind having their picture taken (all part of us wanting to be glamour models or something like that!!!), but for those who are, or parents/coaches of those who are bothered, im sure if you wore a t-shirt or had a huge sign round your neck (very sexy and flattering im sure!) they wouldnt mind.....

Pinkelephant - i know what you mean.....:( p.s. i think we should congratulate ourselves for coming 8th in the team event :grin: :party:

uk_45
-13th July 2004, 21:27
Congrats to your your self when i see you will get you both a drink.

James
-13th July 2004, 22:45
it is a nice camera. although being digital has its draw backs (it would be nice to be able to shoot in raw all the time without worrying about it - although the amount of post-processing is greatly increased). i find a 50mm 1.8f lens is the greatest thing ever. really helps get a good few more stops worth of light. how is the auto focus, or do you use manual? ans have you been setting the white balance or just setting it to auto?