PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Section

bafco
-16th May 2003, 13:15
There are sections on the forum for Referees and Armourers. The weapons sections seem to cater mostly for fencers.

What is missing is a section for coaches.

Given the changes to the coaching regime this could be a good forum to discuss training courses, qualifications etc.

kingkenny
-16th May 2003, 13:22
Sound good if i get a good response i will add one.

Moose
-16th May 2003, 15:09
Now we just need to entice a few more coaches in here, I'll go ring National Express :grin:

wingnutLP
-16th May 2003, 15:27
Coaches section sounds good to me. I think we might want to make armoury, referees and coaches subsections under a general theme to keep the front page tidy but I cant think of a general term to encompass them.

Anybody?

bafco
-16th May 2003, 15:35
Originally posted by wingnut
Coaches section sounds good to me. I think we might want to make armoury, referees and coaches subsections under a general theme to keep the front page tidy but I cant think of a general term to encompass them.

Anybody?

Tournaments require referees, armourers and administrators to run. This is why the modernisation document lumps them together under "Officials".

Coaches are a separate entity.

Moose
-16th May 2003, 16:13
How about "Old Gits" :P

Jenrick
-16th May 2003, 19:58
Coaches section would be good idea. After all if the coaching improves then the fencers are supposed to improve. No better way to get info about than the forum

Winwaloe
-6th June 2003, 12:32
Great idea - get it started then we can discuss what is best learning how to coach with afb or learning how to pass exams with fba - re-arrange letters accordingly!! -

haggis
-6th June 2003, 16:03
The free and open exchange of ideas between British coaches? Good luck.

Winwaloe
-9th June 2003, 09:12
Have faith!!

gladiator
-10th June 2003, 10:35
Originally posted by Moose
How about "Old Gits" :P

Not all refs are old!

Gav
-10th June 2003, 10:41
Why not just use the individual weapons pages? Or if you are going to go for a coaches section is there any point seperating out the weapons? Are there enough coaches signing in to merit their own section?