PDA

View Full Version : Out here (greece)

Laurence
-17th August 2004, 11:38
well, just thought i'd lt you all know how lovely it is out here in athens. staying in the GB team lodge and dividing my time between watching to world class fencing and a few other sports and sitting by the pool.

of course everything here is free including the bar, which is nice. the british athletes like to come and hang out here quite alot so we get to act like we're a little olympic village of our own.
oh and i got to meet tony and cherie blair on saturday. lovely couple i'm sure.
keep up with the congratulations for richard, he makes note of them all.

wish you were here,

laurence
:cool:

Mantis
-17th August 2004, 11:40
Any chance you could volunteer your services to the BBC as a commontator? They seem to have forgotten to take one. :grin:

Insipiens
-17th August 2004, 12:02
seems to be taking his stylistic cue from the BBC Radio 4 sports reporter who spends five minutes every morning "reporting" from Cyprus and just talking about fishing boats in the Med, and the harbour and how sunny it is?:rolleyes:

Let's hope in four years time our fencing team at the games is bigger so that even more free hospitality can be enjoyed once the fencing is over.

hokers
-17th August 2004, 12:10
Well congratulations again in that case. And the same to the sparring partners, who have certainly contributed to the good results. Get us a few autographs or something and we'll put them up as prizes in a forum competition!

haggis
-17th August 2004, 12:13
Glad to hear that you're having a good time and are managing to find time to unwind now that your strenuous duties are over. How long do you get to hang out in the sun, drinking beer and mixing with real athletes at the taxpayers expense? Now that Richard's proved himself as a world-class fencer and is the darling of British fencing are you worried he'll stop wanting to be seen with you?:tongue:

Still, nice work if you can get it...

Regards

Haggis