PDA

View Full Version : Home Made Olympics Video.

jgolby
-17th August 2004, 11:42
Im off to aberdeen on weds so will not be posting much til next weds but I'v recorded all thats been on euro sport so far, mens sabre, womens epee and the short BBC bit and am getting someone to record the half hour on thurs so that will fill the vid pretty much.

Now does anyone have or know of someone who has 2 video players and would be willing to duplicate this for anyone on the forum who wants one. or if your a computer buff hook the vcr up to thier pc and transfer it to CD as mpeg files.

Get back to me asap if you can as i have seen alot of people want video's!

kingkenny
-17th August 2004, 12:03
I can recored from video to dvd or a computer format and then put it up on the forum to watch.

Insipiens
-17th August 2004, 12:06
ever heard of copyright?

jgolby
-17th August 2004, 12:08
that would be great. would you be willing to do that. I havnt recorded the ad break, missed acouple seconds at the start of some bit but its nothing important. Putting it on the forum would be great + would anyone be interested in a DVD?

jgolby
-17th August 2004, 12:11
yeah but i think copyright fraud have bigger fish to fry, as long as no money is changing hands. any advice on this?

Eddie
-17th August 2004, 12:35
Copyright exists the second some thing is transfered to a recordable medium, wether paper dvd video audio. money does not have to change hands for copyright theft to take place, think of napster no money changed hands there. the copyright to the recording in this case will belong to broadcaster if it is the bbc they charge up to 600 per minute or part there of to use it.

the only advice on offer is if you are going to copy stuff which you know to be an act which infringes copyright is obviously DONT' GET CAUGHT

jgolby
-17th August 2004, 12:40
well i'v still got the vid if anyone is willing to duplicate it.
would anyone want one if we did?

AussieSabreur
-17th August 2004, 12:44
Originally posted by jgolby
yeah but i think copyright fraud have bigger fish to fry, as long as no money is changing hands. any advice on this?

IANAL. (I am not a lawyer) but how I understand it to work (could be out of date);

If the copyright holder objects to you using their material, they can issue a desist/take-down request. If you don't, then they can take you to court and force you to. They can also demand compensation - however this is taken from profits gained by the copyright infringment, so if you haven't made a profit any percentage they demand will still be $0 and not worth going to court over. You could however (in some places at least) still get stuck with court costs if you didn't cease after the original request.

If only they would release it on a DVD for me to buy... with 6 hours of never-before-seen-in-the-UK footage! I'd pay a premium price for that... Especially if we can play it without commentary. :grin:

jgolby
-17th August 2004, 12:46
or an aussie commentry bonus feature.
DVD anyone?

kingkenny
-17th August 2004, 13:01
I think we will be alright were are quite small and I have helped the BBC countless times with there fencing news and shows.
So if you want to send me a PM then I can send you an address to post it to or you can send it to
Leon Paul,
Units 1 & 2
Cedar Way,
Camley St,
London NW1 0PD

and address it to Barry he can then give me the tape and then I will copy it to a DVD and then send it back with the tape.

jgolby
-17th August 2004, 13:11
cheers for that. once I've got my friend to record the 30mins on thursday il get them to pop it in the post to you.

kingkenny
-17th August 2004, 13:29
Ok will let you know when I get it.